SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-13-2018, 01:31 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182
Default Hunting / fishing license sale changing

LDWF to transition to new recreational Hunting/Fishing license sales system

Printable Version
Release Date: 01/11/2018

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries is currently transitioning to a new recreational hunting/fishing license sales system.

A few dates to be aware of during our transition:
January 30, 2018 ? January 31, 2018 - All license sales will be temporarily down for system maintenance.

February 1 ? April 1, 2018 ? License sales will be available through Internet sales (pc, smart phone, mobile device and laptop) at www.wlf.la.gov and LDWF headquarters, regional offices (Monroe, Opelousas, Lake Charles & Alexandria).
Retail locations will not sell licenses while installation of new equipment and employee training is implemented.

April 2, 2018 ? Vendor license sales will resume.

If you will need to purchase a license from a retailer before April 2, we recommend that you make your purchase before January 30, 2018.

The new system will enhance the purchase process for our customers in several ways.

1. License holders will have the ability to reprint their licenses online throughout the year at no cost.

2. Users will be able to create a username and password to login to their account to update contact information and in the future to gain access to boater and hunter education information.

3. Auto-renew options will be available in the future for those customers who don?t want to worry about remembering to purchase their licenses each year.

If you need assistance with your online purchase please contact the 24-hour help desk beginning on February 2 at 888-362-5393. If you have other licensing questions call our license office at 225-765-2887 or 225-765-2898, during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana?s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive recreational or commercial fishing email and text alerts, signup at www.wlf.la.gov/signup
Old 01-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Are there a lot of people that do the E-license? I've thought about it but can see problems. I try and usually succeed at having my phone on me at all times but have had a few times fishing and hunting where you get out there just to realize your phone is still in the center console of your truck. I like the paper license in my wallet. How many of us go fishing without a stop at a store before. That pretty much assure my wallet with license will be in my pocket.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Are there a lot of people that do the E-license? I've thought about it but can see problems. I try and usually succeed at having my phone on me at all times but have had a few times fishing and hunting where you get out there just to realize your phone is still in the center console of your truck. I like the paper license in my wallet. How many of us go fishing without a stop at a store before. That pretty much assure my wallet with license will be in my pocket.
According to the article above. You will be able to print as many as you want. Keep one in your wallet, boat, tackle box and have a digital copy on your phone. You are covered all around.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

Not for us I get my licences at the local hard ware store right down da street and its fun. There is usually some locals there to visit with and gettin ya licence is a good conversation starter. I jump in my rusty ole jeep and bring Peg's licence with me and when I do she knows I may be a while visitin with the ole boys at the hardware either over coffee or a brown paler bag in the afternoon.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:19 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull n Pray View Post
According to the article above. You will be able to print as many as you want. Keep one in your wallet, boat, tackle box and have a digital copy on your phone. You are covered all around.
Thanks. That's good to know. Buying them online 9:30 at night when I finally remember would be convinient that's for sure.
I remember a few years back i called LWFD about biying our sons fishing license early and they would not let me. We did the usuall family license trip on July 1 for license but he did not turn 16 until July 31. Called and asked if I could go ahead and get his early and was told no. This could have just been an uninformed employee and not a rule though.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Lifetime license.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Lifetime license.

Still need to get your "tags".
Old 01-16-2018, 09:24 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Still need to get your "tags".
That?s the reason I don?t buy a lifetime. Still have to go get your tags.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

With all that they need to change it to when you buy a license its good from the date purchased for 1 full year, not from the date purchased to June 30th each year.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:59 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
That?s the reason I don?t buy a lifetime. Still have to go get your tags.
Can you explain that logic? I might be missing something.
Old 01-18-2018, 11:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Can you explain that logic? I might be missing something.

I was scratching my head but I just blew it off. Decided I didn't need to understand it.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:26 PM
Sailfish

Never buy lifetime license. You may get killed on your way home today. Short lifetime but the state still has your money and that's all they care about.
Old 01-18-2018, 12:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Never buy lifetime license. You may get killed on your way home today. Short lifetime but the state still has your money and that's all they care about.

Some more great logic. I rolled the dice and didn't die the next day. My license paid for itself in about 6 years. Been hunting and fishing for free the past 7 or 8 now. Looks like I beat the state of their money!!!
Old 01-18-2018, 02:07 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Some more great logic. I rolled the dice and didn't die the next day. My license paid for itself in about 6 years. Been hunting and fishing for free the past 7 or 8 now. Looks like I beat the state of their money!!!
Congrats to you man. I'm not the gambling type. It works for some no doubt. Just not my cup of tea.