SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 356
Headknocker Salt Water Bank Fishing Lake Charles

Hey im new to Salty Cajun and im interested in knowing where to bank fish around here or maybe Big Lake if anything. Ive fish at Calcasieu Point, Intracoastal Park, Jetties in Cameron and i havent been catching anything at all. Couple years back i caught plenty of croaker and specs at Calc. Point but it seems dead over there now. Any suggestions ?
Old 06-11-2017, 12:51 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Water just too fresh up here right now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Flounder

Cash: 439

Go to hog island gully on incoming tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Unfortunately my last 5 trips have been bank fishing due to a busted boat trailer axle have not been able to get out on lake. It's killing me but it has been really fresh anyway. I caught a limit of reds a few weeks ago at the west cove boat launch. I have not had much luck bank fishing ship channel this year other than a few small reds. It was just too fresh down there as well. But the water salinity is back up down there now and there are a couple spots u can fish off the bank and one that I like a lot u can wade out and fish. This spot u need a 4x4 to park and have a pretty steep drop down from washed out bank down to the water. I started bringing a little step ladder to get down that way don't have to walk so far thru the salt grass. I like to bring live shrimp and fish under a cork. Sometimes they rather live mullet or croakers and other times will hit topwater and nothing else. If u see a bunch of mullet throw the topwater. Often times there will be 5-6 guide boats anchored out fishing right there so get there early to claim a spot. If u like to wade fish this is a great spot. Coming from west side it's just before u get to the ferry. There are not many places to park off Hwy but u will see it . A little further down there is a spot often need 4x4 to get down there too but u. An drive a little further off Hwy and then short walk to rocky bank to fish. Don't wade there and fish are often right on the bank. I have fished this spot more by boat than bank but have limited on trout many times there. Often with some bonus flounder. Good luck
Old 06-12-2017, 02:48 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

https://www.louisianasportsman.com/l...port&id=181208

Bull reds at Rutherford Beach and the restored beach between Holly Beach and the Jetties.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 356

thank you guys for the information !!
Old 06-13-2017, 07:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Went all over today and water along ship channel was like chocolate milk. Fish off bank in a few spots but didn't bother to wade fish in that. Came back around other way and fished west cove launch and hog island gully. One 18" red at west cove and at hog island caught another 18" red and a 24 " red. That's it for bank fishing for awhile for me. Unless of course we get several days of northwind then I'll head to surf.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Went all over today and water along ship channel was like chocolate milk. Fish off bank in a few spots but didn't bother to wade fish in that. Came back around other way and fished west cove launch and hog island gully. One 18" red at west cove and at hog island caught another 18" red and a 24 " red. That's it for bank fishing for awhile for me. Unless of course we get several days of northwind then I'll head to surf.
That's not a bad day though. No skunk! I bet if you stayed at hog island all day you'd pull a but more. We used to have good luck fishing below the ferry in the ship channel if the water wasn't too bad.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Go fish the holly beach rocks when the wind dies a little or goes north. The beach action is heating up when the wind allows it to be fishable.