SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 04-23-2012, 12:20 AM
Redfish

Cash: 2,437
Default Venice Tuna

[SIZE=3]I was able to fish two days during the weather break last week. Thursday and Friday was nice then it all went south on Saturday.

Thursday, Brad and I had Tonys crew from Texas on the Deja Vu. The guys wanted yellowfin tuna. Tony let me know about ten times that he wanted a tripple digit tuna!!! haha! Now, I had my doubts about these guys. They wore my phone out the days leading up to the trip but they turned out to be a hoot!! Funny Funny Funny guys!!!!

The trip started out slow. It was about noon before we got our first fish in the boat. We had to run around a little to find the fish but once we got on em, the 4 man crew didnt stop til they had 9 yellowfin in the boat and finished it off with a Blue Marlin.Tony even got a 112 pound yellowfin, his tripple digit fish! I just spoke to the guys tonight, they want to come back next week. haha

The following day I think I have this under control. Plan is to go back to where I caught them the day before, catch a few fish and make it back before dark. Easy enough right? Wrong! It was like being at the aquarium, we got to see plenty of fish but that was it. Did not get one bite all day. Plan B.....make a run in to find some amberjack. At this point, any ole amberjack would make my day, no way can I go back to the dock with clean ice.... First bait down gets nailed by a stud AJ! Finally, action. We get it to the boat, nice fish. We put a limit of these hammers in the boat and a couple of nice cobia. I have never been so happy to have reef fish permits. We ended the day with no tuna but still a nice box of fish. Thats how it goes some days. 9 yellowfin one day and ZERO the next.

We are using all different size live baits right now for tuna. Just want to remind you to adjust your hook size to the size of your bait. This will make for better bait presentation and better hook up ratios. Big bait = big hook, small bait = small hook.

We still have open dates to fish. See the blog and website for reports, pics, videos and info. Feel free to call or email anytime. Be safe out there.

Capt Josh Howard
225-572-7408
deepsouthcharters@cox.net
www.deepsouthcharters.com
deepsouthcharters.blogspot.com
[/SIZE]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg april2012 011.jpg (56.4 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg april2012 013.jpg (56.4 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg april2012 018.jpg (66.1 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg april2012 020.jpg (50.3 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg april2012 023.jpg (53.4 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg april2012 025.jpg (65.6 KB, 137 views)
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,932

Nice, that's the way it goes sometimes. Awesome job!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Great report...love the capris and flip flops
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,318

Nice job Josh. Can't wait till October gets here. May try and make a trip in late June.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Hell yeah capt great job!!