SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Venice 2-17

I deckhanded for Eddie again yesterday. The water was dirty most of the places we went. 7 mile rigs not even a sniff. 109 only a blackfin. Elf just small blackfin and I mean small. Coniac we landed a wahoo and lost 2 others.

Arco, Lena, 83, still nothing to speak of. Heard reports of fish on both the east and west sides but we were in the middle and south and a lot of the day was gone. We were 30-40 miles from each spot and would the bite be done when we got there? We managed a limit of Amberjacks and had a few others in the box so no desperate moves this late in the day. We already burned up enough fuel. We hit moxie and found another hooter for the box. We worked our way toward home picking away. The customers were done and decided they were ready to go in. Eddie said he wanted to hit one more rig we had to pass before we went in and they agreed. Like they had a choice. The vote was 3-2 to go in now but the 2 won. It paid off because we quickly put 2 more nice blackfin in the box.

At the dock Everybody caught fish today. There were not enough carts and we had to wait in line to hang our fish up. Just pile them on the ground and wait.

We got them hung up for the picture. Not a bad pick afterall. 10 blackfin, 4 hooters, and a limit of amberjacks. Our buddy Lee that called us came in with this nice bunch of fish. His hog was 147.

Like I said everybody caught fish yesterday .Gary had a 600 plus mako along with his tuna. Mike had 2 hogs, a small mako, and other tuna. Troy had 3 hogs to 165 along with others smaller. It was nice to see the dock full of fish yesterday. I consider a hog as any yellowfin over 100 pounds.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 02-18-2012, 11:55 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

nice report... Im going down there in a month to try to bust em up
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
nice report... Im going down there in a month to try to bust em up
I'll see you here. Will be sure to save some for you.