SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Default disgraceful

I invited 3 new guy to the site, and 4-5 of ya'll are fighting like 2 year olds!!! Where are the mods?? I am embarrassed!!! Let's get it back to helping people that don't know any better,and good discussions!!! It's only been3 days since I was on and it has fallen off a cliff!!! What is yalls problem with trying to help someone? And not give them good info? I like the site and try and promote it,but if I am going to get embarrassed every time I do cause I haven't been on in a day or two. I can't recommend it anymore !!!! just my thoughts.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Couldn't agree more!
Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 AM
Red Snapper

It's not just him, sure I will get ban for saying it but it 4-5 people (a couple mods including)it's just embracing when you recommend the site to someone and it's nothing but Mickey mouse.bs going on!! Don't get me wrong I like to joke and play to. But that's why I pay for the site.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Yep. I feel the same way. I know it's just a website but I spend a lot of time thinking about fishing while at work. This site is my usual go to for my fishing fix. I'm getting sick of this childish crap. Please mods make it stop or I'll find somewhere else to get my fishing fix. Not that I guess it really matters to anyone or they would'nt let it go this far.
Old 07-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Red Snapper

I know nothing can be perfect, but shouldn't be embarrassed when I invite someone to the site either!!
Old 07-10-2012, 04:53 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

I had mentioned this in another thread but feel I should put it here as well . . .

I would like to apologize for my childish actions in some of the other threads, i can promise you i will not drag my self into any more pissing matches and or egg them on. I can assure you that is not the kind of person I am at all, I am all about catering to people and giving out enough information to help people out and point them in the right direction, and with my guide service i strive to give people a trip to remember wether its us catching 1000 fish or us laughing cutting up and enjoying what mother nature has given us. I want people to gain from a trip with me not just have a pretty picture at the end.
You can ask any of my clients, friends, or family, they have all had nothing but great times aboard my boat and consider me a pretty down to earth fun guy to be around.
Once again my sincerest apologies if any offense was taken . . . . . . . i know i have tarnished my image a little bit with some of my rig-a-ma-roo but im not that kind of person and dont want to be seen as something like that.
Thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

How bout u leave then? I'm sure no one will miss either one of u or any other cry babies that wanna cry about what people post on the Internet. Y'all are the damn 2 year olds tattle tailing on someone. This is getting rediculous. Anything that gets posted is in the premium members only section. So only tbey can read it. If u don't wanna read it, quit paying for it and u don't have to read it. You two should be banned for publicly criticizing the site in an open forum. That's more childish than anything posted on here.

Last edited by specktator; 07-10-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:01 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,449

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
How bout u leave then? I'm sure no one will miss either one of u or any other cry babies that wanna cry about what people post on the Internet. Y'all are the damn 2 year olds tattle tailing on someone. This is getting rediculous. Anything that gets posted is in the premium members only section. So only tbey can read it. If u don't wanna read it, quit paying for it and u don't have to read it. You two should be banned for publicly criticizing the site in an open forum. That's more childish than anything posted on here.
I'm not a big fan of all the fights but this^^^ is a great point. I concur
Old 07-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

It was in the premium section people. What do you want the Gill Net to be rated G? Have you never just had one of them days. It was childish, but here is a thought try this instead of going in the open forum and knocking the site.

If you see a post on SaltyCajun that violates any of our forum rules, please use the Report Post feature that appears at the top of each post as an exclamation point within a triangle (see picture below). This will alert all of the mods and admins about the questionable post so we can remove it if it violates the rules of the forum.
Please do not directly email or PM a single moderator to report a post, as the post remains visible on the forum until that person logs in next, which may be quite a while.
Please do not use the Report Post feature for general conversation with the moderators or to annoy the mods. Improper use of this feature will result in an infraction.
The Report Post feature may also be used if you make a post or start a thread that you wish to have deleted for one reason or another. Please note that we will not edit your post for you. We will only delete the post when requested.

Gill Net Rules
1) Go Easy on the Bashing - Let's not get ridiculous in here. Some bashing will be allowed, but if it goes overboard you will be warned. If you continue, you will get an infraction.

2) No Nudity - It doesn't belong here. There are other sites on the internet if that's your bag.

3) No Bashing Sponsors - These folks are spending their hard-earned money to help keep this site alive. If you have an issue with a sponsor, handle it via email or PM. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to mediate. If that doesn't work and I feel the sponsor is at fault, they will no longer be a sponsor.

4) No Racist Comments - Again, we're all adults here. Let's be civil. If you have no tact or couth, please pretend you do while you are on this forum.

5) No Posting of Others' Personal Information - Don't post anyone else's email address, phone number, home or work address, etc. without their permission. This will get you permanently banned.

6) No Bashing This Site - If you don't like it, find another place to post. I believe in free speech, and there are millions of other sites out there you can speak your mind about this site on. I welcome constructive criticism, but it is ALWAYS best handled via PM or email. This will get you permanently banned.

7) No Trying to Get Around a Ban - If you get banned for infractions, just do your time and come back a new person when your ban is up. If you try to evade the ban, your ban will be lengthened, possibly permanently. If you are permanently banned, trying to evade the ban can cost you $1000 per sign-on attempt. I don't plan to ever have to enforce this, but you agreed to this contract when you created your user account. See our Terms of Service here:

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/TOS.php

8) Maintain a PG-13 rating here! - This is not a rated-R forum, and should not be treated that way. This forum is simply a place where you can post something without the entire world seeing it. Keep it clean!

9) Be Respectful of Others and Have Fun!

This forum is just slightly more lenient than the others. Have a good time, but keep it reasonable. Multiple violations of Gill Net rules will result in your Gill Net access being removed, and/or a ban from the entire site.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:13 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

yikes... drop da Rat hamma
Old 07-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Red Snapper

I wasn't talking about what gos on in the gill net!!! I enjoy reading yalls crap there!! But not in the in the open forms very little about fishing or hunting any more,it's all about who can make fun of who... I am not trying to start noting. Just thank we should get back to fishing and hunting talks,and leave the making fun of eachother to the gillnet. Just my opinion
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default uh oh

sound like some one is calling out the mods
Old 07-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Red Snapper

Nope, I am talking to everyone!! If I get ban for my opinion so be it I will serve my time.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
I invited 3 new guy to the site, and 4-5 of ya'll are fighting like 2 year olds!!! Where are the mods?? I am embarrassed!!! Let's get it back to helping people that don't know any better,and good discussions!!! It's only been3 days since I was on and it has fallen off a cliff!!! What is yalls problem with trying to help someone? And not give them good info? I like the site and try and promote it,but if I am going to get embarrassed every time I do cause I haven't been on in a day or two. I can't recommend it anymore !!!! just my thoughts.

Wow!! IMO your way out of line here. Calling out the mods like that and specktator telling Kade he should leave the site?? Really??? If you start reading a thread where people are arguing, simply stop reading it. Calling this site disgraceful is just plan dumb!! People diagree from time to time, get over it!!! If you think the site is disgraceful maybe you should be the one to leave. IMO the mods do a great job here.

Last edited by bjhooper82; 07-10-2012 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
wow!! Imo your way out of line here. Calling out the mods like that and telling kade he should leave the site?? Really??? If you start reading a thread where people are arguing, simply stop reading it. Calling this site disgraceful is just plan dumb!! People diagree from time to time, get over it!!!
x100 i think if you don't like it don't read it, and move on.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Every time the weather is bad the fishing reports slow down and everyone cuts up. I fished 2 days this week but didn't want to bore anyone with my croaker and gaftop reports.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Red Snapper

I love the site and been a member a long time! Hardly ever post unless it a report. Maybe the title for this thread was a bit harsh. , just wish we would all get back to helping each other in not just trying and make fun of eachother.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
Red Snapper

I will be there next week, hope the weather gets better then what its been.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Hahahahaha

How has the hammer not been dropped........ ???
Mods..... This Kat is callin y'all out!!

Dude..... U got an issue; here's a tissue..... Seriously!!
Nobody makes u read stuff!!
Just pass over the " garbage".
Old 07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Wow!! IMO your way out of line here. Calling out the mods like that and specktator telling Kade he should leave the site?? Really??? If you start reading a thread where people are arguing, simply stop reading it. Calling this site disgraceful is just plan dumb!! People diagree from time to time, get over it!!! If you think the site is disgraceful maybe you should be the one to leave. IMO the mods do a great job here.
Whoa buddy! I was not referring to Kade what so ever in my comment I made earlier. He's good people. I was referring to the cry babies. (Andy C and I make oil) Guess I should have quoted them to make it easier to decipher. How did you think I was referring to Shaw with my comment? Not too sharp I guess.

Last edited by specktator; 07-10-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Closed Thread