SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

View Poll Results: Should we go to war in syria
Stay out of it 91 88.35%
Go to war 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2013, 09:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I say it's all good when Muslims are killing Muslims - the more the better; however, Dumbazz will shoot some rockets over there and then the Russians will get pizzed. No telling what will happen then. Is it really in our national interest to have any play over there. Who is to say what will happen and who will be in charge of Syria if the rebels do overthrow Assad. Look what happened in Egypt, that was supposed to turn out to be a good thing but the Muslim Brotherhood took over. Of course, Obama now supports them - how screwed up is that?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
A very libertarian attitude if i do say so myself. Agreed 100%, sadly neither the republicans nor the democrats will ever take this positioning.
Listen to the media and you will hear the
" rhythm of the war drums"

http://youtu.be/urrFL95bjcU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Back View Post
I say we go to war! And I hope China, Russia, Syria, etc all come get some! Our country needs a reminder of what is important, Faith, Family, Freedom! Every time there is a mojor world war this country remembers what their priorities are.
Your trolling right? World war at this stage equals almost assured use of nukes. We won't just return to "faith, family, and freedom"... we would return to the stone ages.

I'm pretty sure you can't possibly be serious....
Old 08-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Here's an interesting write up on this situation from the same man who brought us the Quantitative Easing Explained cartoon.

I'm not sure that i agree with everything said.. but.. words for thoughts at least.

http://www.creditwritedowns.com/2013...e-leaders.html
Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

To hell with both sides!!! Who do you support in a civil war between Al Qeida (sp) and the Muslim Brotherhood???

Let the worthless UN forces supply food and health services to the innocent civilians. Thats it
Old 08-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Flounder

Cash: 740
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
True. But the Russian military wouldn't make a pimple on our military's azz.
Same thing they said about North Vietnam. How long have we been in that 3rd or 4th world country--Afganistan?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Your trolling right? World war at this stage equals almost assured use of nukes. We won't just return to "faith, family, and freedom"... we would return to the stone ages.

I'm pretty sure you can't possibly be serious....
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

No one in the world can come close to a toe-to-toe fight with the American Military. The capabilities of our military compared to anybody else's is staggering. Please leave Afghan and Vietnam Guerrilla tactics out of it, that's apples to bowling balls. I take pride in knowing the dominance of this country's defense, and so should everyone else.

And we should stay out of Syria.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
I am serious, this world has turned evil. And if I die, so be it, I'm ready to go meet my maker and get away from this evil consumed planet. I am not so sure that I would not rather the stone ages.

Side Note: Enemy tactics would probably have them hit the large cities which would eliminate about 90% of the people who don't contribute $hit to this country.
Nutcase
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:

Hahaha then I hope they start with New Orleans first.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:

Or if they thought logically, they'd attack the areas that keep the country running. I.e., power plants, oil refineries, ports, etc.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

How can we fight a War if the "people" want to cut Funding for the military.....
As a Prior Service Airborne Infantry Sergeant with a tour to Afghanistan.
I hate how some people in the United State don't support the military but when something like "syria" Happen they wan't to go to war..

If it was me I would just leave it alone, but I KNOW FOR a FACT that Almost 70% of infantry guys including myself Would "GO TO WAR" if needed. We TRAIN AND LIVE FOR war.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:

And the oils and gas that makes our country run. Guess where that is????????????????

Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
And the oils and gas that makes our country run. Guess where that is????????????????

Liek I said, I am ready to go whenever.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
No one in the world can come close to a toe-to-toe fight with the American Military. The capabilities of our military compared to anybody else's is staggering. Please leave Afghan and Vietnam Guerrilla tactics out of it, that's apples to bowling balls. I take pride in knowing the dominance of this country's defense, and so should everyone else.

And we should stay out of Syria.
It's not the ability being used in Afghan. no more than the ability used on the NVA. The problem, in Korea also, was our gov't not letting soldiers do what they were trained to do. Since WW2, we have been made into a "polite", if you will, military. Our troops are forced to "play by the rules" against troops who don't care to read what the rules are.

I doubt our gov't is going to drop the "polite" deal now any more than another enemy force is going to start using it. In my mind, our military has its hands tied.

And, NO, we don't need to go to Syria for anything. We don't need to fund them with money we don't have and, we don't need to supply them with weapons that they'll likely use against us in the end.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoward View Post
How can we fight a War if the "people" want to cut Funding for the military.....
I hate how some people in the United State don't support the military but when something like "syria" Happen they wan't to go to war..

If it was me I would just leave it alone, but I KNOW FOR a FACT that Almost 70% of infantry guys including myself Would "GO TO WAR" if needed. We TRAIN AND LIVE FOR war.

x10! Like I said, I don't particularly want to go to a hot sandy place and kill people I don't have any beef with, but if they say "go", I sure as H3!! know what to do.
"Bred to fight, trained to kill. Infantry."
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoward View Post

I am an ex 11B myself, airborne qualified, did a tour in Iraq from 02 to 03. That being said, I wish to never spend another minute in any of those God foresaken countrys. But unforntunately if we don't bring the war to them they will bring it to us. There is a lot of strategy put into these things.......
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Or if they thought logically, they'd attack the areas that keep the country running. I.e., power plants, oil refineries, ports, etc.
You are correct and, if someone was serious about invading us, that's exactly where they'd go first. Cutting our infrastructure (i.e. bridges, oil) would be the ultimate way to cut the head off of the snake.

9/11 wasn't meant to be a full-on invasion, IMO. It was meant for a shock and, awe event...A way for them to tell us that they are out there.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:28 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
It's not the ability being used in Afghan. no more than the ability used on the NVA. The problem, in Korea also, was our gov't not letting soldiers do what they were trained to do. Since WW2, we have been made into a "polite", if you will, military. Our troops are forced to "play by the rules" against troops who don't care to read what the rules are.

I doubt our gov't is going to drop the "polite" deal now any more than another enemy force is going to start using it. In my mind, our military has its hands tied.

And, NO, we don't need to go to Syria for anything. We don't need to fund them with money we don't have and, we don't need to supply them with weapons that they'll likely use against us in the end.
You are right too many rule in war, We have to follow the rule but the enemy does NOT. If it was up to the guys on the ground the war would have been over long time ago. BEEN there, done that in Afghanistan rules are rules
Old 08-28-2013, 11:38 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
You are correct and, if someone was serious about invading us, that's exactly where they'd go first. Cutting our infrastructure (i.e. bridges, oil) would be the ultimate way to cut the head off of the snake.

9/11 wasn't meant to be a full-on invasion, IMO. It was meant for a shock and, awe event...A way for them to tell us that they are out there.
It did what it was supposed to. Change our way of life. Cameras everywhere. TSA crap. Etc.