SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

The video of another shooting is in this article. Graphic

http://rt.com/usa/181772-deadly-st-l...hooting-video/
Old 08-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Because cops NEEDS rocket launchers just like some steel-toe boot wearing guy from N Louisiana NEEDS an AR-15 right? You want the absolute right to keep and bear arms, yet you want to deny law enforcement the same right...... Pretty hypocritical in my book.
Would you please enlighten me as to how me wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is hypocritical? I have an AR and so do they. When they get issued rocket launchers do I also get one? Can I just go to Academy at that point and buy me one? Nope. Your argument is weak at best.
They have hanguns, shot guns, and rifles and so do I. When they have rocket launchers go to your local sporting goods store and buy one.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Sailfish

Im from central Louisiana not north Louisiana.
At least get that right
Old 08-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Would you please enlighten me as to how me wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is hypocritical? I have an AR and so do they. When they get issued rocket launchers do I also get one? Can I just go to Academy at that point and buy me one? Nope. Your argument is weak at best.
They have hanguns, shot guns, and rifles and so do I. When they have rocket launchers go to your local sporting goods store and buy one.
Wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is not hypocritical at all. I'm saying using the same argument used against yourself as a gun owner, "They don't need this weapon. They aren't responsible enough," is pretty hypocritical. How do you know this 21 year old you speak of isn't a member of the military, highly responsible, and highly trained? But because some 21 year olds are hot heads, we need to ban them all from becoming a cop? We might as well take their guns and vehicles from them. Hell, don't even let them drink. That makes no sense to me.

I may be mistaken, but you could actually own a rocket launcher. Granted, it'll be a ton of paperwork.

Quote:
Im from central Louisiana not north Louisiana.
At least get that right
Anything north of I-10 is North Louisiana.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Wanting cops to have the same rules as civilians is not hypocritical at all. I'm saying using the same argument used against yourself as a gun owner, "They don't need this weapon. They aren't responsible enough," is pretty hypocritical. How do you know this 21 year old you speak of isn't a member of the military, highly responsible, and highly trained? But because some 21 year olds are hot heads, we need to ban them all from becoming a cop? We might as well take their guns and vehicles from them. Hell, don't even let them drink. That makes no sense to me.

I may be mistaken, but you could actually own a rocket launcher. Granted, it'll be a ton of paperwork.

Anything north of I-10 is North Louisiana.
Valid point. On the gun issue. I do however belive that no one should be a cop at less than age 30 and have displayed themselves as well rounded and level headed citizens from the age of 18 to 29. Im not saying its perfect and will fix everything. Thats just my take on it.

Everthing above Nat****oches is North Louisiana.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Sailfish

You can own a rocket launcher if you don't mind the anal probing and giving the BATF a set of your house house keys. I think if cops have it I should be able to go to Academy and buy it like any other gun. Fill out the form and walk out the door with it. They should have nothing you or I don't have equal access to.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
as usual he is dead on target.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Yeah. Dan is the man.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Valid point. On the gun issue. I do however belive that no one should be a cop at less than age 30 and have displayed themselves as well rounded and level headed citizens from the age of 18 to 29. Im not saying its perfect and will fix everything. Thats just my take on it.

Everthing above Nat****oches is North Louisiana.
Sorry John, but everything above Barber Spur is North Louisiana
Old 08-21-2014, 05:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Sorry John, but everything above Barber Spur is North Louisiana
Damn it...... Now I gota move...lm a o..
Old 08-28-2014, 06:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Well today you have a black preacher in new orleans shoot a black man in the head who was fleeing from stealing copper not beating up on a store keeper and nobody protesting . Actually a black woman interviewed stated on camera he was rite for shooting him that way he don't steal again,,,,,,go figure.................
Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

This all started when they gave OJ a pass
Old 08-28-2014, 10:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
This all started when they gave OJ a pass
Astute observation. The immunity of public servants from prosecution is a big part of the problem. No one should have a pass to break the law.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
You can own a rocket launcher if you don't mind the anal probing and giving the BATF a set of your house house keys. I think if cops have it I should be able to go to Academy and buy it like any other gun. Fill out the form and walk out the door with it. They should have nothing you or I don't have equal access to.
I fully support LE and agree with you as far as regular officers and branches of law go but when it comes to swat they need access to special weapons because they are the ones who handle "special" situations too dangerous for regular officers to do.

as far as ATF they need to break it up and take the "F" out of ATF.

who in the world thinks liquor sales to minors and selling cigarettes without paying taxes is really deserving of a specially armed tactical squad mimicking swat teams. alcohol and Tabaco has no business being linked to firearms.