SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunSaint View Post

www.google.com is your friend!!

It was the state Chu who first built the wall. It was during the Qin Dynasty that the kingdom of Qin united the different parts into one empire. To defend off the invasions from northern invaders, Emperor Qin Shi Huang had all the walls joined up. Thus, the Great Wall came into being.

http://www.chinatravellers.com/Artcle_Show.asp?id=167
Thanks man...Just finished the Marco Polo Netflix series, and that was the first thing to mind. My recollections of World History is vague at best. Was in too big a hurry to look it up.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
And this right here, folks, is how we ended up with 8 years of the muslim. People just absolutely refuse to educate themselves.
Old 07-28-2016, 12:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
Thanks man...Just finished the Marco Polo Netflix series, and that was the first thing to mind. My recollections of World History is vague at best. Was in too big a hurry to look it up.
Everyone need more wold history! Not what you get from tv. Or Google !! Real history from the proven real books!! And while your at it look up the founding of this country and see that rebeling is good every 100 year's!! Were way past that bet we can hope for is for people to wake up!!
Old 07-28-2016, 05:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

What's more important than the presidency is the Senate and h.o.r. Everyone should vote when these elections come up as these are where laws are actually passed.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
What's more important than the presidency is the Senate and h.o.r. Everyone should vote when these elections come up as these are where laws are actually passed.

http://goooh.com
Old 07-28-2016, 06:30 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Wrong again, what is THE MOST important is who is appointing the judges to the SCOTUS. Sure congress is passing laws but SCOTUS is now legislating and re-writing said laws from the bench. There will be up to 4 new judges appointed this go around. So basically, if Hillbittch is elected President, you can kiss this country and your guns goodbye!!
Old 07-28-2016, 06:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
I agree 100% with you, but the future SCOTUS selections are just as, if not more important. Laws are often ambiguous and it makes a big difference to the American people on who is interpreting those laws.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:49 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
Let me see........"build a wall" (like Gingas Kahn) Exile all Moslems, Stop foreign trade, Increase taxes on the middle and upper classes, marry trophy women 1/2 your age, threaten to sue everyone who gets in ur way, ahhhh...
Now we are having fun. Let's take a look at Hillary Clinton:
1. Hillary Clinton is a Liar. Proven and verifiable.
2. Hillary Clinton was MIA when the 3AM phone call from Benghazi
3. As and attorney Hillary Clinton defended a child rapist and laughed
about it. if you are unaware of this read up.
4. Hillary Clinton has accepted millions of dollars from foreign
governments.
5. Hillary Clinton is endorsed by Barack Obama, the worst president in
modern history.

So, Donald Trump has had a few marriages go south. All of his kids seem to be well adjusted and I don't see the ex wives trying to stab him in the back. Appears to have managed these well. Probably half of the people I know have had at least one divorce. Need more than a young wife to offset Hillary's lack of character and her condescending approach to the American public.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by malliegator View Post
Now we are having fun. Let's take a look at Hillary Clinton:
1. Hillary Clinton is a Liar. Proven and verifiable.
2. Hillary Clinton was MIA when the 3AM phone call from Benghazi
3. As and attorney Hillary Clinton defended a child rapist and laughed
about it. if you are unaware of this read up.
4. Hillary Clinton has accepted millions of dollars from foreign
governments.
5. Hillary Clinton is endorsed by Barack Obama, the worst president in
modern history.

So, Donald Trump has had a few marriages go south. All of his kids seem to be well adjusted and I don't see the ex wives trying to stab him in the back. Appears to have managed these well. Probably half of the people I know have had at least one divorce. Need more than a young wife to offset Hillary's lack of character and her condescending approach to the American public.
I like this guy!
Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,315

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
Maybe a technicality, but the Electoral College is "required" to vote according to the vote totals in the individual states. Can the members of the EC vote differently than what the electors, i.e. the voters, voted? Technically I think the answer is yes, but it's never happened before.

Now what WILL probably happen is a whole $hitload of voter fraud because the damn courts keep ruling against voter ID requirements saying it is a form of voter suppression. Total BS. That's where they will steal the election thanks to groups like ACORN and it's successor organizations. And if we can't get immigration under control, the dem's will be guaranteed an impenetrable voting block for ever and ever.
But, but, but, I can't afford to have an ID. Wait, I have to have an ID to cash a check, drive a car, use a credit card, but not vote??????

Discrimination I say......

Old 07-28-2016, 10:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
But, but, but, I can't afford to have an ID. Wait, I have to have an ID to cash a check, drive a car, use a credit card, but not vote??????

Yep. Gota do all that and take drug test to get a job. The rest just have to sign up. No dug test no ID. Just sign up and get what you want.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

bashing Trump for marrying a trophy wife is pure jealousy.........bottom line is over 50% of the public is divorced........many remarried. AND over 50% of the married people cheat............it's simple facts. That is why Bill got away with BJ's in the oval office..........but I digress.

Trump was not my first choice by a long shot.
But I will rally behind him because we absolutely need to appoint justices that understand the constitution in the supreme law of the land.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Again Guys... EVERYONE NEEDS TO go see the Movie...........
Old 07-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Anti-Trump does not = Pro-Hillary

I am not anti-Trump, I think Trump has come a long way during this process, and I think he is 10,000X better than Hillary (which doesnt say much) but still has a long way to go. Anyone can get up and say they will do this, do that, but we have yet to hear HOW this will get done. I look forward to hearing some solutions and not just how bad Hillary is. Anybody that is silly enough to vote for Hillary is going to vote for her no matter what, and no amount of Hillary bashing is going to change that.

What I fear is that during the debates, Trump does nothing but bash Hillary and gets into name calling and does not have any solutions to the problems he is addressing and ends up looking like a fool. I hope I am wrong
Old 07-28-2016, 10:50 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Real talk -

does anyone actually believe that Trump is going to get Mexico to build a wall?
Old 07-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Real talk -

does anyone actually believe that Trump is going to get Mexico to build a wall?

no not build it...............but they will pay for it.............indirectly
Old 07-28-2016, 12:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post

X2

I think you have to have a photo ID to sign up for welfare and "food stamps". If so, I'd bet those peeps find a way to get a photo ID. BTW, in my former life, I used to accompany the popo on search warrants on some of my cases and in many cases, when the search was conducted, numerous ID's were found with the same pic, but different last names. Reporting this to the Fed's, i.e. ICE, Border Patrol resulting in a great big yawn. They just weren't interested.

Last edited by cajun bill; 07-28-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 07-28-2016, 01:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
bashing Trump for marrying a trophy wife is pure jealousy.........bottom line is over 50% of the public is divorced........many remarried. AND over 50% of the married people cheat............it's simple facts. That is why Bill got away with BJ's in the oval office..........but I digress.

Trump was not my first choice by a long shot.
But I will rally behind him because we absolutely need to appoint justices that understand the constitution in the supreme law of the land.
Hell I would high five him. She's hot. Who wouldn't want that?
The Supreme Court is a major player here. Hillary appointees would be a disaster of epic proportions.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Bet yall anti-union folk like getting overtime after 40 hours though amirite

bet you like 4 - 10's
Old 07-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Anti-Trump does not = Pro-Hillary

I am not anti-Trump, I think Trump has come a long way during this process, and I think he is 10,000X better than Hillary (which doesnt say much) but still has a long way to go. Anyone can get up and say they will do this, do that, but we have yet to hear HOW this will get done. I look forward to hearing some solutions and not just how bad Hillary is. Anybody that is silly enough to vote for Hillary is going to vote for her no matter what, and no amount of Hillary bashing is going to change that.

What I fear is that during the debates, Trump does nothing but bash Hillary and gets into name calling and does not have any solutions to the problems he is addressing and ends up looking like a fool. I hope I am wrong
If you go back and look at prior campaigns for president, very few have come out with specifics during their campaign, just a platform, what trump is doing is normal politics