SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV)

Offroad Forum (4x4 & ATV) Discuss anything to do with offroad sports here, including ATVs, mudding in your truck, etc.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

You'll need a T30 torx bit for the 3 srews that attatch the actuator/latch assembly to the door.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Flounder

Cash: 628

these parts go bad most times from overfilling the fuel tank, then after a very short trip park the vehicle in an area where the fuel will heat up . this then causes fuel to expand and foul the charcoal canister with liquid fuel. this creates a black sludge that damages the valves/solenoids. very common problem with over filled vehicles and a heated garage
Old 07-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Duckman1911 I got another question for you in regards to te same above mentioned truck.

I noticed both my front tires had significant wear on the inside edge of both tires. I went to check alignment before I started getting in to ball joints. Well they told me its not just ball joints my entire control arms need to be replaced. Couple that up with a front brake job and they got me with a $1000 estimate. Does this all sound right to you? ANybody else experience this?
Old 07-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Duckman1911 I got another question for you in regards to te same above mentioned truck.

I noticed both my front tires had significant wear on the inside edge of both tires. I went to check alignment before I started getting in to ball joints. Well they told me its not just ball joints my entire control arms need to be replaced. Couple that up with a front brake job and they got me with a $1000 estimate. Does this all sound right to you? ANybody else experience this?

Would it happen to be an '09 model? My wife's '09 Suburban eats front tires on the inside edge, changed ball joints, and even struts, that ain't cheap! Still doing it.

Curious also, if anyone else had this problem, and able to solve it?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:39 PM
Flounder

Cash: 663

bring to legers alignment in opelousas
Old 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Only way to reset your check engine light is with a scan tool of some sort. Quick lube places may do it for free and if so they are costing themselves money big time. If the fuel cap was left loose it would have set a code for an EVAP system leak.
unless something changed with the newer trucks all you have to do is disconnect the battery overnight and all the codes will be clear in the morning when you reconnect it. just gotta reprogram your radio