SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 08-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OFwlKlr View Post
Eman, read up on the Southbeach diet.

Good luck.

Very very good diet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2016, 05:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrutt View Post
Very very good diet

I have figured out you're a pro with fitness and training. I got what you were saying in some of your earlier post, as did most others, but some folks cannot start there. A good diet will help get the weight off, you start feeling better, you exercise a little, feel better, lose a little more weight, feel better, exercise a little more, feel better...............the cycle begins, before you know it cholesterol levels are down, blood pressure is down..................... I have a job that promoted a sedentary life style, and was starting to let it get the best of me.

Hard part is sticking with it, it has to become a mind set, human nature is a funny thing.

Congrats to any and all that begin and stick with it.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 838

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2OFwlKlr View Post
I have figured out you're a pro with fitness and training. I got what you were saying in some of your earlier post, as did most others, but some folks cannot start there. A good diet will help get the weight off, you start feeling better, you exercise a little, feel better, lose a little more weight, feel better, exercise a little more, feel better...............the cycle begins, before you know it cholesterol levels are down, blood pressure is down..................... I have a job that promoted a sedentary life style, and was starting to let it get the best of me.

Hard part is sticking with it, it has to become a mind set, human nature is a funny thing.

Congrats to any and all that begin and stick with it.

I completely agree with what your saying. Some not all doctors will tell patients to " weak as much as you can, start the Adkins diet you will lose weight" by just adding a little work out with light weights will reduce blood pressure and help with cholesterol.

We have had numerous woman and men come to us in the last years who want to be healthy, eat healthy, lose weight, lower BP or chol and they went to the doctor to be told start Adkins and walk. They do this for 3-4-6 months and get tired of it come to us we push them to limits that walking don't and put them on diets that match their macros! What happens is you build your heart muscles, you build lean muscle, you start the process of joint relaxing, you start being healthy faster which you don't have to be in pain or eating foods that hurt you.

It's for sure not easy but how important is your health to you and your family. It takes 30 days to lose a true 8-10 pounds of body fat ( not talking water weight) with the right diet and exercise program. Only 2 out of 10 people ( with being healthy, high PB, high chol, irregular heart rate, joint pain, shoulder issues, knee issues, etc) can actually push them selves enough to succeed.

Bottom line is I hope everyone gets to where they want but get with a nutrition expert and see the difference you can do for your self

I hope all will get to where they need to be