SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 05-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 858
Default Larto Lake 5/19

So the wife and I decided to take the boys fishing today, we made the decision last minute and loaded up last night. We have been hearing talk of the lake really producing some numbers last week and this week. I am ready to head out before daylight to make sure we are going to make it with enough time to fish before the heat. Needless to say..... We left around 7ish. No biggie, the lake is putting out some fish. We head out on the hour drive, notice one trailer tire occasionally waving at me, blew it out 20 minutes from the landing.......forgot the spare. No worries, whipped out the ratchet strap and sucked the axle up with the rim off the ground. Get to the landing, it is loaded with people. A buddy of mine calls and lets me launch at their private launch. Get the boat in the water and head out, forgot my life jacket in the truck. Hooked some shiners up and caught a bream first spot. Still looking for some perch, caught a nice catfish. Moved, caught another catfish. Moved, caught another catfish about the same size. Kids started complaining around noon so we headed to the point and let them swim for a bit. Missed the early bite but had a blast and got enough meat for a gravy...haha. Larto is good right now if you want to make the drive, pretty much anything is biting at the moment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180519_140344.jpg (80.7 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg 20180519_132002.jpg (84.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 20180519_132009.jpg (80.9 KB, 168 views)