SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Was fishing tops in Fourchon with Pox and Waterbowl. Went to grab one off the floor and it jumped at the wrong way ended up with a hook to the thumb. Had to push it through bend the barb and slip it out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368371244.508017.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368371259.871332.jpg
Old 05-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Man that hurts me looking at it and you are sitting there smiling
Old 05-12-2013, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter29 View Post
Bob's kinda funny like that!
Old 05-12-2013, 12:39 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
It felt way better once they took off the 2lb trout that was attached and flopping around...
Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Tell client I'm smoking em offshore limiting in hr half.... Does any1 get seasick??? Every1 answers no get out there got 35 on floor in 30 min one guy in back Yakin. Other guys say we ain't leaving till 60. Try to get him to swim to perfectly good ladder on lil platform and he won't get in water... So I pull boat up to rig holding rail w right arm 2 others trying to push him on platform well they drop him I caught him by the belt loop guy weighs bout 250 so left arm fully extended and my right hand has a death grip on the handrail bc he woulda been crushed between boat and rig. I was able to throw him in the boat while I heard other arm pop I fall in no 1 can pick me up in boat I got one arm. Capt b trolls over to me picks me up puts me back in boat. Bud light begins head back stop at jetties throw anchor out w one arm they finish there limit and we head in gotta fish the next day so put it in a sling and roll w one arm surgery that eve ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368399974.662898.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368399984.395131.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368399994.328729.jpg
Old 05-12-2013, 06:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
The other day bdub throwing his spinning rod smoked me in the back the head with an 1/8th jig head.... Worst pain ever...luckily hook didnt get me.. Literally i had to sit down bc i passed out from the pain.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)

Don't worry I'm sure Its gonna come back around on me with this fly fishing haha

One time Me and a co worker made an afternoon trip to black bayou on gulf hwy side, everything was cool until we came out of a corner at full throttle and smoked a log with the lower unit. The motor never died but damn near came in the boat, I was in the air and my friend was in the air but we made it out alive.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

I went to Venice, LA one weekend to tuna fish. Two boats were going to head out. My boat decided not to go (which was a good decision due to bad wind). But my group (4 of us) decided to go to the house boat and fish for catfish of back deck and drink 3+ cases of beer. By mid day all beer was gone and we caught a few catfish. Well one catfish fell out of buddies hand and the fin went straight thru my shoe into my foot. Well being tough and drunk. We laughed it off then headed to store for more beer. Ended up picking up some Venice girls (not a good idea) and then heading to the local Venice bar (ideas just got worst). Ended up is a fight over 3 girls that where bigger than most of the guys. Moral of story....Venice is a fun place to vacation...
Old 05-12-2013, 07:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This was from a 1/4 oz getting cast about about 90mph
Oh shat! Yea... Mine didn't swell like that.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Tell client I'm smoking em offshore limiting in hr half.... Does any1 get seasick??? Every1 answers no get out there got 35 on floor in 30 min one guy in back Yakin. Other guys say we ain't leaving till 60. Try to get him to swim to perfectly good ladder on lil platform and he won't get in water... So I pull boat up to rig holding rail w right arm 2 others trying to push him on platform well they drop him I caught him by the belt loop guy weighs bout 250 so left arm fully extended and my right hand has a death grip on the handrail bc he woulda been crushed between boat and rig. I was able to throw him in the boat while I heard other arm pop I fall in no 1 can pick me up in boat I got one arm. Capt b trolls over to me picks me up puts me back in boat. Bud light begins head back stop at jetties throw anchor out w one arm they finish there limit and we head in gotta fish the next day so put it in a sling and roll w one arm surgery that eve Attachment 50158Attachment 50159Attachment 50160
Holy Dude that's craaaaaaazy. That's ***** status son.

Last edited by Bluechip; 05-12-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:48 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,263

Fishing trout with a 7' microguide rod with 20# braid casting into the wind with 3/8 oz leadhead and queen cocahoe. Bounced the bait off the side of my poor wife's skull and left a goose egg the size of a chicken egg. Didn't get her with the hook, thank GOD, but darn near knocked her out. Bad day for me, worse day for my wife!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Flounder

Cash: 673

Quote:
On another trip me and fishing buddy go to Chicot on a late afternoon trip all goes well until we go to pick up boat. He goes and gets my truck and I load boat on trailer all the way up. On the way out the water he dumps the clutch and pulls up dropping my boat of the trailer to a point where the back end of boat was dragging the ramp. I had to put his fat butt on the nose of my Procraft and winch my butt off to get the boat back on the trailer and needless to say it was a quiet ride back to drop him off back at his house as he kept blaming me for not hooking the winch strap to my boat and him not wanting to pay my insurance deductible for the damage he caused. After that we never have fished again together. Go figure
Was this a Brand new, approx 20ft blue and white Procraft? About 10 yrs ago?

If so, I'm pretty sure I witnessed this whole incident.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 697

I was offshore fishing with my Dad out of Houma fishing for Cobia. Dad went to make a cast with a 4 oz Jig and the line was wrapped around the rod tip. The Jig swung around and hooked him in the face in his cheek past the barb. We were in 2-3 foot seas in a 20 foot boat and I had to cut the hook out with a small fillet knife using the tip.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

My uncle bought my old man's jon boat when I was about 13 and re powered it with a brand new 35, I learned later he financed and had no insurance - hadn't made the second payment on it yet. Apparently he installed it himself too. We take off out of Joseph's heading to Bertrand and he is showered down when all of a sudden we smoke something in the canal and the motor goes for a swim. We troll back to where he thinks it's laying, and he goes to diving for it, and diving, and diving some more - never found it, and he kept making payments!

Another trip to the rock when I was in high school with my cousin and best friend. No sleep, fun night before, dumb move to go and a tough day in the sun dehydrating... But we wore out the reds (caught under poppin cork with alabama rigged crickets btw) and had a mess of skrimps so it was an awesome day. I pass out in the back seat on the way home and so did my cousin while my buddy drive, while the ice chest that we all said was way too heavy to go anywhere was resting peacefully in the boat. Made it home without stopping, but the ice chest didn't! Talk about a roller coaster of emotions going from everyone being pisssed and hollering at eachother to pass blame, then laughing about the whole ordeal, to finally feeling a little relived that we could just go take a 12 hour nap without having to clean all those fish. I hope someone saw it happen an got blessed with the bounty!!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe1967 View Post
Was this a Brand new, approx 20ft blue and white Procraft? About 10 yrs ago?

If so, I'm pretty sure I witnessed this whole incident.
No it was red and black
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 673

Quote:
No it was red and black

Watched a guy with a Brand new(no numbers) blue and white Procraft do the same thing you did.(boat half way on trailer) Only difference is he decided to push the boat back into the water with his trailer.

horrible sound and even worst look on his face
Old 05-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,454

I do remember one trip while I was living with my brother and his wife during my "College Years"...

I showed up at the house about 5:30 in the morning from a long night and they were just about to head out fishing so they asked me if i wanted to go... I've never passed up a trip in my life so I said sure. First cast out there I catch a speck and get a little slime on my hands... 2nd cast out I threw the whole rod and reel in the water...

Alcohol dulls the senses!!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggoh View Post
I do remember one trip while I was living with my brother and his wife during my "College Years"...

I showed up at the house about 5:30 in the morning from a long night and they were just about to head out fishing so they asked me if i wanted to go... I've never passed up a trip in my life so I said sure. First cast out there I catch a speck and get a little slime on my hands... 2nd cast out I threw the whole rod and reel in the water...

Alcohol dulls the senses!!
Absolutely, I did that with a cast net on a crowded weir - forgot to hook the strap, I was lucky enough to have someone land it with their cast net. Walk of shame back to the boat!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467

At Elmer's island while trying to grab a trout a wave came and trout swam by my leg and got a hook in my leg had a hard time walking back to the truck with a 3 lbs speck dangling buddy popped it right out with a shoelace ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368461678.556118.jpg
Old 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

First year down here I had to call the Sheriff's Dept to come rescue us at night from the IC side of VBay. Tides got me one time and gas the other They will NOT tow you in, but they will come get you. Also, one hardhead in the center of my palm and a gafftop right between thumb and index finger that made me almost sick with pain.

This one day long ago we decided to go bream fishing. Friend has an 11' aluminum boat we would just paddle around. Well, he and I were going but ran into another friend so he decided he wanted to go, and somehow another guy wanted to go also. He was in bad shape from the night before so thought this would be what he needed (to drink more beer). So there are 4 of us in an 11' boat with a beer chest and fish chest and 3 of us are fishing, other dude was just drinking. Dude right behind me goes to cast and thought he was hung up in the trees behind him so he keeps jerking to get it loose. The hook caught the drunk in the side of the neck and there was a dang cricket on the hook too which was now on his neck. Drunk guy ended up vomiting that day and I don't think I have ever laughed that hard when I saw that cricket still on the hook in his neck
Old 05-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Lol