SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950

Wish there were phone cameras way back when because this picture would be a classic. My dad was a devout Bass fisherman, he also loved to fly fish. He was fly fishing one day under windy conditions and was having some difficulty placing his popper. On this particular cast he tried to put a little extra on his forward swing and hooked himself on the top of the head with his popping bug. What made it even funnier was he had a flat top haircut and it looked like that popper had just made a perfect landing on the top of his head. needless to say he was not laughing, however I (at 8 or 9 years old) could not contain myself and was pratically in tears. Regardless, it was a bad day for dad, but still makes me laugh to this day.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 572

I was night fishing Long Beach Harbor last month with my oldest daughter (10). We got set up and I stepped down onto the rocks to retrieve a snag and ever more busted my a$$. I'm lucky I didn't end up in the emergency room or worse, with all the jagged edges and exposed rebar. Anyway, I got out with a bruised and cut ankle, a fairly severe gash on my hand and scraped up back. I shook it off and took care of the cut and decided to keep on fishing. I had given my daughter one of my rods with a 3/8oz. jig head with a Matrix Shad on it and told her to hurl it out and reel it slow for Flounder. I "thought" I was far enough away, when she reared back all the way to China and slung her cast sideways (like me). Long story short, she let go of the button too soon and that thing beamed me upside the head and it felt like Mike Tyson had hit me. Made an awful noise too! Sounded like a damn gunshot!!! Luckily the hook didn't get me, but I had a bad cut and a knot on my head, about an inch high! After I sat down for a little while, I decided it was time to go home, before I got killed. lol
Old 07-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 694

This thread is too good to just lurk and not contribute:

About 10 years ago us 6 guys and 3 boats staying at Grand Isle Sanddollar. Friend’s 25hp didn’t start after launch, so he and buddy pull it out to parking lot to play mechanic. They then decide it will be easier to re-launch boat & trailer BY HAND rather than truck. They get it down there, one holds the trailer while other jumps in and quickly starts pull roping, nothing. Then they proceed to try to pull it back up the ramp BY HAND. An onlooker walks by and casually deadpans “Ya’ll ever heard of a truck?” I about busted laughing outta my hiding spot nearby, wasn’t about to get involved in that epic fail !
Old 07-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,084

Was launching the boat by myself. I tied the line to the wimch post and backed it down. Well apparently the saltwater got the best of the clip for tje front eye of the boat and after hooking it it stayed open and fell off. Boat is steadily getting farther awqy so I untie the rope and throw hoping to catch something on the boat and miss...... second throw the line is as tight as it could be. I mean you couldn't have stretched it tighter. Well the clip made it just over the trolling motor. Didnt catch anything just resting over it. Apparently it was just enough to stop it from floating back farther. I go to ease it forward and I csn see the clip starting to come up so I ease off amd slowly pull on it. And finally get it back. It was a miracle in itself how that happened
Old 07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

Fishing a college kayak tournament in Galveston Bay this past March. Slept the night before in a tent on the beach in the rain and wind and freezing temps.

Got out the next morning, same thing, 20mph north winds, 35 degrees, white caps. Pas bon.

I managed to land a nice red, teammates lost a red and a huge flounder at the net. We would have won the match had we netted them.

Wind burnt as hell and had to drive back at midnight that night. On the way back, lost a $1400 kayak one of our guys had borrowed.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

There are so many bad experiences for me.....

I was bass fishing in a canoe one time. I was using a red shad worm with a 1/8 oz. bullet weight. I stuck the worm the in a tree and started trying to pull it out. Only I had to pop it hard because I didn't want the canoe being pulled all the way to where I was trying to cast. I rear back and gave it a good pop and out the whole thing comes; fast. I didn't have enough time to react and the bullet weight hit me right in between the eyes. I can remember the lead-bone sound clearly and then that was it.Next thing I remember was coming to in the canoe with blood on my lip. Blood which was streaming from in between my eyes. It was like eveything above my lip was numb. .....I had gotten shot!

Another time we were fishing some cypress trees in a narrow cut in Houston river. I was tossing my spinner bait in between the trees and got it stuck on one of the limbs. I tried to pull it out and the spinner bait came right back at me and hooked me right above my eyebrow. I can remember the skirt of the spinnerbait tickling my eye as the spinner bait was hanging from right above my eyebrow into my eye. I pulled it out bled like crazy....