SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Math Geek will like this
It's in the tool song lateralus but it's a nod to the never ending spiral of the Fibonaci Sequence

In mathematics, the Fibonacci numbers or Fibonacci series or Fibonacci sequence are the numbers in the following integer sequence:[1][2]

or (often, in modern usage):

(sequence A000045 in OEIS)
By definition, the first two numbers in the Fibonacci sequence are 1 and 1, or 0 and 1, depending on the chosen starting point of the sequence, and each subsequent number is the sum of the previous two.

In mathematical terms, the sequence Fn of Fibonacci numbers is defined by the recurrence relation

with seed values[1][2]

or[3]

The Fibonacci sequence is named after Fibonacci. His 1202 book Liber Abaci introduced the sequence to Western European mathematics,[4] although the sequence had been described earlier in Indian mathematics.[5][6][7] By modern convention, the sequence begins either with F0 = 0 or with F1 = 1. The Liber Abaci began the sequence with F1 = 1, without an initial 0.

Fibonacci numbers are closely related to Lucas numbers in that they are a complementary pair of Lucas sequences. They are intimately connected with the golden ratio; for example, the closest rational approximations to the ratio are 2/1, 3/2, 5/3, 8/5, ... . Applications include computer algorithms such as the Fibonacci search technique and the Fibonacci heap data structure, and graphs called Fibonacci cubes used for interconnecting parallel and distributed systems. They also appear in biological settings,[8] such as branching in trees, phyllotaxis (the arrangement of leaves on a stem), the fruit sprouts of a pineapple,[9] the flowering of artichoke, an uncurling fern and the arrangement of a pine cone.[10]

Spiral Out
Old 04-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

makes sense now lol
Old 04-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Ling

Ride the spiral to the end it may just go where no ones been.

Spiral Out
Old 04-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
100% truth... BUT it takes different levels of everything to effect ppl. And I can promise you a 6pack will not effect my driving. 12pack yes 100% will.

That is almost word for word what the guy who ran over my granfather whild on his tractor said.

he killed my grandfather that day........convinced he was not affected.........absolutely convinced........
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Ecstasy would do the trick too, then maybe some LT's to kill the next day's pain from all the unbridled sex.
Unbridled sex is the way to go. She never could get used to having the bit in her mouth.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
That is almost word for word what the guy who ran over my granfather whild on his tractor said.

he killed my grandfather that day........convinced he was not affected.........absolutely convinced........
Sorry to hear that! as I stated before I no longer drink and drive. Cant say that I haven't in the passed. But within the last 3 years I have stopped and always have a DD.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Unbridled sex is the way to go. She never could get used to having the bit in her mouth.

Nice!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:26 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Nice!

Very

Spiral Out
Old 04-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Sorry to hear that! as I stated before I no longer drink and drive. Cant say that I haven't in the passed. But within the last 3 years I have stopped and always have a DD.
Thanks,

I'de be a liar if I said I never drank and drive.........

But reality, when close to home has a way of changing your thought process.......

Some of you guys are much younger than me.......if you are sub thirty, you will be expereincing things in the next 20 years that you never dreamed could happen to you......

The death of my grandfather was the first of such life changing experiences for me......I was 31........

I am not intending on lecturing.......not my style..........
However, the facts are the facts.........
Old 04-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

I dont even smoke weed, but I need a joint after reading all of this...
Old 04-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Redfish

Cash: 724

I like my natural high's and lows too much. I also need my job (which includes random drug testing) to support my family and my outdoor habit.

I choose not to let my lil girl, wife, or myself down just to get baked on occasion and take chances with my employment.

That being said, I enjoy a beer or two at home every now and then, and a very occasional bourbon.

I don't care what other people do, as long as it doesn't impede the happiness and safety of me or mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I like my natural high's and lows too much. I also need my job (which includes random drug testing) to support my family and my outdoor habit.

I choose not to let my lil girl, wife, or myself down just to get baked on occasion and take chances with my employment.

That being said, I enjoy a beer or two at home every now and then, and a very occasional bourbon.

I don't care what other people do, as long as it doesn't impede the happiness and safety of me or mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I agree 100%