SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455
Default West & East Closing Weekends

Well Im not hunting in the morning so duck season is officially over for me. Had a very productive year. On my lease in PI, killed a little more than 600 ducks with teal season combined.

Closing weekend in the West, I hunted a spot I have in Opelousas sat morning. Shot a few woodies and teal. My buddy thats in my lease calls me and says they slaughtered them in PI along with a double banded lesser scaup. So i pack my stuff and head down there for the last day of season. Sun morning 4 of us shot 22 ducks mostly teal. Which was weird cause we havent hardly shot any since 1st split.

This morning I went with my dad, cuz, and uncle to their blind in whiteville. Started out slow, had 2 spoons. Then 20 drake pintails are coming light in the decoys. We drop our 4, all drakes, and we commence to picking them up. The one I shot fell further than all of them so i got out blind and ran it down. birds are starting to fly so i throw it in the blind and continue hunting. we end up shooting 16 more spoonies and i had to get to a funeral, so i start packing up my dads goes to hand me 2 pintail for my cuz and i to come out with. i look down and there is jewelry hanging on his leg. i knew the one i had shot and picked up had 2 pellet holes in his bill. sure enough,2 pellet holes, the one i shot walked and picked up had a band on it. but, being the nice cousin that i am since he never got a band before and i have quite a few and its his blind i let him have it. What a nice guy, huh!

Oh and check out my dog sleeping on top all the dekes in my truck. i would open my tailgate and try and call him out the back of my truck. he wouldnt come. he doesnt want it to end! haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0674.jpg (59.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0692.jpg (97.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0694.jpg (46.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0706.jpg (53.7 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0708.jpg (68.2 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0689.jpg (49.0 KB, 50 views)