SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Banned

Default Dear Saltycajun Brothers

Dear Saltycajun Brothers

I would like to introduce myself to the site as a first time blogger. My name is Kyle and I am an Offshore 14 & 14 operator for 24 years. I am married with two boys and live in the Lake Charles area of Louisiana.
I with other anglers have followed this Website almost from the start when the Lake Calcasieu reports dwindled off LSM. I am in my early 50’s and not much of a web blogger but I would like to express my concerns though my eyes and others alike.
Over the last four to six months this site has taken many changes to the eye. I really enjoyed the fishing reports from my area and the likes of a few good anglers. I used to enjoy the acquisitiveness of well debated topics and the art of blacked out banks by some. This site was built by us the anglers and grew by the anglers of my area. I recall a small staff on here that put on a great benefit lasts year that my boy and I fished. I had the chance to meet a few of guys who were favorites on this site.
I do not visit as much as I used to because the fishing reports and general talk of fishing has been over taken by non sense spam post. I love sports and I love my McNeese Cowboys along with LSU (which I did not attend but hold season tickets). I see one or two who have drained the life out of this site with the negative toward our football teams and kids. I would like my children and others to be able to come here and enjoy fishing and outdoors like we used to do. We have become a second tier site to tigerdroppings.com and lost focus on why and what this site was built on.
Familiar names that have been here from the beginning are no longer here. Fishing or hunting reports get lost in numerous pointless threads about football or our young athletes playing the game.
I apologize if I stepped out of line and do not attend to offend anyone person or persons. I as an angler just wanted to express my thoughts and feelings. I hope we can turn it around and make saltycajun as good as it used to be.
God Bless, Kyle
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Very good post. I agree. Some people on here prefer to start stuff about lsu and have actually become exactly like the person "w"ho got kicked of this site
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

Welcome aboard. I've been here since day 1 as well
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

IP check LOL
Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Westerly neighbor

Cash: 3,534

Kyle, please note that there are many different forums on this site. If you don't want to see sports posts, simply avoid the Sports forum. We are all adults here and are fully capable of just not clicking on something if we don't want to read it. If this is not the case for anyone here, then I am very sorry your political party just got it's arse handed to it.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle922 View Post
Dear Saltycajun Brothers

I would like to introduce myself to the site as a first time blogger. My name is Kyle and I am an Offshore 14 & 14 operator for 24 years. I am married with two boys and live in the Lake Charles area of Louisiana.
I with other anglers have followed this Website almost from the start when the Lake Calcasieu reports dwindled off LSM. I am in my early 50’s and not much of a web blogger but I would like to express my concerns though my eyes and others alike.
Over the last four to six months this site has taken many changes to the eye. I really enjoyed the fishing reports from my area and the likes of a few good anglers. I used to enjoy the acquisitiveness of well debated topics and the art of blacked out banks by some. This site was built by us the anglers and grew by the anglers of my area. I recall a small staff on here that put on a great benefit lasts year that my boy and I fished. I had the chance to meet a few of guys who were favorites on this site.
I do not visit as much as I used to because the fishing reports and general talk of fishing has been over taken by non sense spam post. I love sports and I love my McNeese Cowboys along with LSU (which I did not attend but hold season tickets). I see one or two who have drained the life out of this site with the negative toward our football teams and kids. I would like my children and others to be able to come here and enjoy fishing and outdoors like we used to do. We have become a second tier site to tigerdroppings.com and lost focus on why and what this site was built on.
Familiar names that have been here from the beginning are no longer here. Fishing or hunting reports get lost in numerous pointless threads about football or our young athletes playing the game.
I apologize if I stepped out of line and do not attend to offend anyone person or persons. I as an angler just wanted to express my thoughts and feelings. I hope we can turn it around and make saltycajun as good as it used to be.
God Bless, Kyle
Kyle,

I sincerely hope I am replying to real true geniune person...which is entitled to an opinion. I have been here since the beginning as well and can pretty much attest to alot that has transpired here.

1st I counted four or five reports on Big Lake recently.

2nd "Blacked out banks" is that really a report? I will show you the catch but not where it was caught?

3rd Sports discussions...Believe me there were sports discusions on here in the past that I WOULD NOT want my child to read. In fact they have become more civil. Yes I agrees there aren't as many constant posters regarding LSU and MSU. A difference of opinion is what? Human Nature. Its a matter of not responding to BS and it will go away.

4th Familiar names chose their path.

5th I know I have to work 5 days a week and my weekends are dedicated to my family, house upkeep, etc. I can't fish all the time like I would like. I sure this applies to most people on here. Other discussions are started.

6th There has been more civil conversations on here than there were in the begining. In my opinion.

I respect your post and agree on some points, but in turn you must respect my opinion. Just as each poster must respect each other's opinion. If it goes out of line it will be handled.

Thanks Kyle for posting and adding to an awesome site.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadMan View Post
Kyle, please note that there are many different forums on this site. If you don't want to see sports posts, simply avoid the Sports forum. We are all adults here and are fully capable of just not clicking on something if we don't want to read it. If this is not the case for anyone here, then I am very sorry your political party just got it's arse handed to it.

daddy has spoken..... ouch !!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I can tell who started some threads just by the title. On my iPhone I don't get to see the author. If I don't like it, I don't read it. As far as reports on fishing, I post every time I go. The where, the when, the what bait. Many here do that! Read around past the obvious drama stuff and you'll find all sorts of handy reports!

There are product reviews, ballistics comparisons, freshwater, saltwater and offshore reports!

Also, this, as I understand it is an outdoor sportsman site so, there are some great hunting reports as well!

Btw, thanks for finally posting since you've been here since the beginning! Feel free to post some of YOUR hotspots and reports as well!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,104
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
daddy has spoken..... ouch !!!!
First off Jordan quit sucking up to shads butt..
Second did shad just try to use profanity. That is a infraction.
Third of everyone only one person said something rude and smartbutt to this guy and he is suppose to be the role model.

Forth this guy is entitled to his opinion just like everyone else. I agree with alot he said but not all.

Thanks for your opinion.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:31 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 629

Personally i do not get on this site for just the fishing and hunting reports... though i do like them a lot... seeing all these fish caught makes me jealous lol.... some of the funniest moments happen on this site in the sports forums and if you don't like the sports part... click on the fishing reports forum and post away... I appreciate your opinion.... that is just mine
Old 11-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
Very good post. I agree. Some people on here prefer to start stuff about lsu and have actually become exactly like the person "w"ho got kicked of this site
Hey man, I admit I jab LSU but I only speak the truth. This site has a message forum just for that. There's one big difference in me and "*".............I'm still here! If you can't stand the heat...........stay outta the kitchen.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Hey man, I admit I jab LSU but I only speak the truth. This site has a message forum just for that. There's one big difference in me and "*".............I'm still here! If you can't stand the heat...........stay outta the kitchen.
yak loves every minute of it...even feeds off of it
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
IP check LOL
The grammar is too good, Bruce.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
love/hate relationship at best not as bad as it was.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
All of 'em do.....though they'd never admit it.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Also, people like myself dont fish year round. I fish alot, but only from April to September and sometimes January-February. I duck, deer, and turkey hunt the other months. I try and post as many reports as I can. You speak of the darkened backgrounds in pictures. Big Lake is not like other areas. It isn't very big. And if you know the lake pretty well it isn't hard to tell almost exactly where someone is by the background in their pictures. Trust me I have analyzed plenty myself, LOL. I'm not gonna post pictures of where I am for people who dont even sign up for this site to potlick me. Like right now. 8 members and 22 guests are viewing this thread. But I have given a whole lot of information on baits, spots, techniques to probably 20-25 people on this site since I have been around through them sending me PMs.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
IP check LOL
Why Bruce.....whatever do you mean?
Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle922 View Post
Dear Saltycajun Brothers

God Bless, Kyle
You are jokin', right? That place is "Homer Central" and is loaded with morons who think they know college football.

The Sports Bar: There is a wealth of knowledge at tigerdroppings.com - SaltyCajun.com
Old 11-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
Also, people like myself dont fish year round. I fish alot, but only from April to September and sometimes January-February. I duck, deer, and turkey hunt the other months. I try and post as many reports as I can. You speak of the darkened backgrounds in pictures. Big Lake is not like other areas. It isn't very big. And if you know the lake pretty well it isn't hard to tell almost exactly where someone is by the background in their pictures. Trust me I have analyzed plenty myself, LOL. I'm not gonna post pictures of where I am for people who dont even sign up for this site to potlick me. Like right now. 8 members and 22 guests are viewing this thread. But I have given a whole lot of information on baits, spots, techniques to probably 20-25 people on this site since I have been around through them sending me PMs.
Sorry, just found that amusing
Old 11-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Sorry, just found that amusing
hahahaha guess I should have said Calcasieu Lake!
Closed Thread