SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460
Default Leevile

Looking for some advice.
Thinking of going to Leeville this weekend and do some spec and red fishing. I usually fish Cocodrie or Dularge but want to try to start going to Leeville area.

If it is like most areas you dont want to explore in the winter with lower tides and North winds and I dont know the water around Leeville so should I wait until spring and summer to explore or are there some easy areas to fish in Leeville that I dont have to worry about running my boat up on a reef or rocks.
Old 11-27-2013, 10:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

You should be ok running east west canal and bayou Blue and bayou Lafourche . Last few weeks the trout have been in bayou blue. w/ this cold any intersection w/ bayou lafourche should hold fish on the drop offs
Old 11-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Thanks it defiantly is cold.
Bet them duck hunters are loving this
Old 11-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

Leeville is a HUGE area. When I say Leeville I'm actually saying the entire area because in it is centrally located. You can run North, South, East of West depending on the conditions. That is why I like Leeville so much you can change your tactics depending on conditions without having to pick your boat up.

If I was going fishing this weekend I'd stay in the deeper canals or go North towards Golden Meadow to the Catfish Lake area or stay on the East side. Let the wind and water conditions guide you. Good Luck. If you are really looking to learn the area put in at Boudreaux's Hotel and buy your bait from Terry's. Bring a map in and ask Terry where to go. He will point you in the right direction. Or if you see Bob Gouge from Between the Banks fishing show ask him. He has tons of old shows online you can pull up some of his older winter shows and watch his map feature. He shows you right where he fishes. If your really serious about learning to fish that area charter him for the day. You will learn more from fishing with him for one day than you will in a year of stumbling around on your own.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

We did well in the bayous and main canals fishing any break with current flowing through. Points too. Slow rolled plastic and gulf shrimp under a cork. There are large areas leased to duck hunters and most are marked, some are not. Just respect those areas and the hunters. My neighbor has been doing well in the Catfish Lake area, but I have not made that trip. He was fishing the lemon colored Matrix shad under corks and slammin' the trout and reds. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

No need to go into the marsh and risk getting stuck. Lots of deep water if you stay on the main bayous and canals.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 980

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
You should be ok running east west canal and bayou Blue and bayou Lafourche . Last few weeks the trout have been in bayou blue. w/ this cold any intersection w/ bayou lafourche should hold fish on the drop offs
^^^^ THIS