SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:38 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

If "classes" are required the ones that really will risk it all to help will still come out and help and not worry about the classes. Overall it will just cut down on the number of people that actually do want to help. The Cajun navy was needed. We didn't have enough government or emergency personal in the area at the time of need to help the number of people that really needed help. I can tell you now if I thought someone was drowning and I had a boat in the area I would go and save them if I could. If the military wants to shoot me in the back while I'm on my way to help or if I get sued by the person I tried to help then I will deal with it. I can tell you what I wouldn't do is sit around and wait for the "commander" to give me some order in a crisis situation. For those of you that work in plants that should remind you of the week you sit around doing nothing waiting on permits. More government oversight and red tape is the last thing anyone needs.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

I wish this incompetent SOB would've waited until he got orders from somebody in a position of authority. The frickin nerve of this guy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (32.3 KB, 96 views)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I guess they think that theyll only sell permits to "competent" ppl. Lol
They'll have to. I mean if you were drowning you wouldn't want some redneck with beer on his boat to save you. No. You have to wait for that guy that has his certificate right? Lol
Old 08-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I wish this incompetent SOB would've waited until he got orders from somebody in a position of authority. The frickin nerve of this guy
Ha did you read that lady was drunk and had just stolen that car. No BS, man he did the world a favor saving her.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:44 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Best post I have seen. I saw that video. If he would have waited she would be dead.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
And do I really have to remind you guys how crazy lawsuits are nowadays. Whats to prevent some you rescue from suing you or the state if they are hurt while in your care? If the State is complicit with allowing the average untrained citizen to rescue its citizens they they can most likely be held liable for damages incurred while in your care. God forbid someone dies because you didn't have a 4 hour first aid class. If there isn't some paper work that can absolve the state from that responsiblity than that is a big risk they assume. Anyone volunteering his boat in a rescue doesn't have the proper liability insurance then hold on for the ride. That is the nature of the world we live in. The state has a responsibly to protect themselves from liability the same as you. Lawyers can find loopholes everywhere.
Simple solution. Before u rescue them, ask them if they are a lawyer...
Old 08-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Ha did you read that lady was drunk and had just stolen that car. No BS, man he did the world a favor saving her.
If you let an old lady drown you're a real azzhole right? Isn't that what you said just a few posts ago?
Old 08-24-2016, 01:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Simple solution. Before u rescue them, ask them if they are a lawyer...
holy crap that was funny!
Old 08-24-2016, 01:46 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Judge, jury and now executioner boys. Gotta be trained properly to know who to let live and let die.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
If you let an old lady drown you're a real azzhole right? Isn't that what you said just a few posts ago?
Oh I am an azzhole, a big one. I embrace it.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:51 PM
Sailfish

What it boils down to is our government got bi tch slapped. People had friends, neighbors, family and communities that were in trouble and people helped. They didn't care about permission or training or certifications. They did what had to be done to help and it was a big middle finger to the government. They were shown just how little they are needed and now they are pissed.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
And do I really have to remind you guys how crazy lawsuits are nowadays. Whats to prevent some you rescue from suing you or the state if they are hurt while in your care? If the State is complicit with allowing the average untrained citizen to rescue its citizens they they can most likely be held liable for damages incurred while in your care. God forbid someone dies because you didn't have a 4 hour first aid class. If there isn't some paper work that can absolve the state from that responsiblity than that is a big risk they assume. Anyone volunteering his boat in a rescue doesn't have the proper liability insurance then hold on for the ride. That is the nature of the world we live in. The state has a responsibly to protect themselves from liability the same as you. Lawyers can find loopholes everywhere.
Yes, you are right, its the nature of the world we live in. A world where some A-hole lawyer is going to put up a bilboard that says "Hurt in a boat while being rescued from certain death? You are entitled to cash! Call me!".
Old 08-24-2016, 01:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Google good Samaritan laws and den holla back.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
I don't care what video you post after the story breaks. It's a pointless idea anyway. The Cajun Navy did a fine job without having some inefficient government certification process involved.
ARE Y'ALL BLIND? Perry basically saw the Cajun Navy being shutdown by Law Enforcement, not being allowed to launch their boats/access certain disaster areas. Perry wants to come up with something removes law enforcement from the equation and gives the "cajun navy" free access to help without running into problems with law enforcement.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Judge, jury and now executioner boys. Gotta be trained properly to know who to let live and let die.
"Excuse me ma'am. Can I see your license, registration, and proof of insurance? Ma'am, I smell alcohol on your breath. Have you had anything to drink today? I'm sorry but this animal doesn't have a rabies tag, ma'am. Motor on to the next one boys."
Old 08-24-2016, 02:00 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Oh I am an azzhole, a big one. I embrace it.
Me too. I just don't condradict myself three posts apart. I'm sure you would have just let her drown and down nothing right?
Old 08-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Yes, you are right, its the nature of the world we live in. A world where some A-hole lawyer is going to put up a bilboard that says "Hurt in a boat while being rescued from certain death? You are entitled to cash! Call me!".
As much as I laughed at this it is unfortunatly the truth. It was funny as hell though.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOrtego View Post
ARE Y'ALL BLIND? Perry basically saw the Cajun Navy being shutdown by Law Enforcement, not being allowed to launch their boats/access certain disaster areas. Perry wants to come up with something removes law enforcement from the equation and gives the "cajun navy" free access to help without running into problems with law enforcement.
ok i'm listening. Now who is going to pay for all this?

I watched live on KATC while boats were being launched off Pinhook with out any problems.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I can understand that most here have more boat driving experience than most LEOs. But that is not what the training will be ,it will be organizational skills and communication .
everyone here knows who Jim Hawthorne is, He and his wife sat an extra 2 days hearing boats on other streets , but none on theirs, Everyone thought that someone else had cleared that small street. One boater decided since he hadn't been down that street he would go back to his trailer that way. saved their life. If rescuers are registered then they can be assigned a grid to search. That way every street gets checked at least 2-3 times. I'm not saying that if the govt is not ready for you not to go But it will do away w/ so much duplication allowing boats to spread out farther and rescue more people. it will also weed out the cooyons that are just looking.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:21 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I can understand that most here have more boat driving experience than most LEOs. But that is not what the training will be ,it will be organizational skills and communication .
everyone here knows who Jim Hawthorne is, He and his wife sat an extra 2 days hearing boats on other streets , but none on theirs, Everyone thought that someone else had cleared that small street. One boater decided since he hadn't been down that street he would go back to his trailer that way. saved their life. If rescuers are registered then they can be assigned a grid to search. That way every street gets checked at least 2-3 times. I'm not saying that if the govt is not ready for you not to go But it will do away w/ so much duplication allowing boats to spread out farther and rescue more people. it will also weed out the cooyons that are just looking.
Not trying to argue but I've been on scene with ff, police, emt and still watched peoole die. Not everybody gets to live. It sucks but it is that way.