SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Grrrrrrrrrrrr

When you get off of work and want to go home but have to stop at the store and the person in front of you EBT's their food but check cards their smokes. Really? They make me want to vomit.
Old 09-08-2016, 10:55 AM
Redfish

Cash: 709

I hate that !!! I was behind some chick a while back and she bought bread, ham and mustard with EBT card, then whipped out a fresh 100 dollar bill for lotto scratch off tickets. I almost lost it !!!!
Old 09-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Just because I eat doesn't mean I can't smoke. It's free money anyway, I pay for my cigs, I don't expect the government too, if ever I can't afford them I'll stop smoking.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Neither of those examples bother me...But...when you can pay for 10lbs of boiled crawfish, costing $5.00+/ pound, with an SNAP card...THAT bothers me. When you can buy filet mignon or lobster at the grocer's with a SNAP card....there is definitely something very screwed up about our 'entitlement' programs...particularly when I pay 40%+ of my earnings in taxes.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Was at the parlor with girlfriend yesterday and she was getting some new piercings. Lady came in to get a neck tat that said 'make america great again" and asked how much it would be. She asked if they took EBT, they didnt, so she just had MAGA tattooed instead
Old 09-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Was at the parlor with girlfriend yesterday and she was getting some new piercings. Lady came in to get a neck tat that said 'make america great again" and asked how much it would be. She asked if they took EBT, they didnt, so she just had MAGA tattooed instead
'Hillary' tats are covered, however.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:50 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rardoin View Post
Neither of those examples bother me...But...when you can pay for 10lbs of boiled crawfish, costing $5.00+/ pound, with an SNAP card...THAT bothers me. When you can buy filet mignon or lobster at the grocer's with a SNAP card....there is definitely something very screwed up about our 'entitlement' programs...particularly when I pay 40%+ of my earnings in taxes.
Man that is no joke. My pos brother has thrown crawfish boils for his friends that way. He got the food and they got the beer. Freaking pos.
I hate seeing someone in line loaded up with good steaks and seafood and that purple card comes out. I have no issue with people that really need the help. It shouldn't be part of a career plan though.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:21 PM
Flounder

Cash: 630

It is like unions, created for the right reason but abused by too many. Very disappointing that some get to buy food with our money that alot of working folk cannot afford.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Need to go back to commodities. Big block of Cheese, powder milk, peanut butter and some ther staples. Pick it up after the work detail brings you back from trash duty or cleaning gov offices or work at old folks homes.
Old 09-08-2016, 06:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
Need to go back to commodities. Big block of Cheese, powder milk, peanut butter and some ther staples. Pick it up after the work detail brings you back from trash duty or cleaning gov offices or work at old folks homes.
Exactly, I approve this post. Of course I don't blame the children. They deserve a healthy diet. Not ice cream and Lil Debbies
Old 09-09-2016, 06:53 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Exactly, I approve this post. Of course I don't blame the children. They deserve a healthy diet. Not ice cream and Lil Debbies
One of our customers is the manager of our local food bank. She was telling us one day that she got a call from a lady that was raising hell about her food box because there wasn't anything in it she could just microwave. You are right. The kids are just stuck in a situation they have no control over but they need healthy food. It should be like the wic program. You have an approved list of food items you can get. Not just get whatever you want.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Hell I would rather see steaks than all the junk food they buy; the circle of poverty and diabities continue.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

I have said this for years. I don't have a problem with helping people who are on hard times, but the current system is broke. With all of the benefits available people have learned to make a decent living off of the system, and don't have to work.
Over 25 years ago I did my senior research paper on the failures of the American welfare system and ways to correct it. Wish I could find that paper.

I believe the one of the first steps to fix the problems are commodity stores for families requiring assistance with food. The stores should be set up and managed by the state and worked by the individuals needing the assistance. The store should be stocked withe basic generic foods. No choice steaks, seafood, soft drinks, or prepared foods. For individuals who do not live in a community with commodity stores the food will be delivered to their community. They are provided with a list of available items and place the order over the phone.

Welfare benefits should be addressed by requiring those who require assistance to work for what they get. Everyday when I drive to work I see roads that need repair, parks that need to be fixed, trash that needs to be picked up on the side of the road, and many other municipal projects that need to be completed. People should have to report to a work center 4 days a week and be assigned to a crew to work. If they don't show they don't get paid. On they day they are off the should be required to prove that the were out seeking employment. I also see this as a way of teaching some people a skill. In Morgan City they just completed building an Emergency Center at the cost of $11 million plus. If they used the people that the government was already paying to help with the labor needs to construct the building imagine the cost savings in labor. This would also give the workers and opportunity at learning a skill they did not have before.

BUT THIS WILL NEVER WORK. WHY?
The American government has created an economy that is dependent on the welfare system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
Old 09-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
I have said this for years. I don't have a problem with helping people who are on hard times, but the current system is broke. With all of the benefits available people have learned to make a decent living off of the system, and don't have to work.
Over 25 years ago I did my senior research paper on the failures of the American welfare system and ways to correct it. Wish I could find that paper.

I believe the one of the first steps to fix the problems are commodity stores for families requiring assistance with food. The stores should be set up and managed by the state and worked by the individuals needing the assistance. The store should be stocked withe basic generic foods. No choice steaks, seafood, soft drinks, or prepared foods. For individuals who do not live in a community with commodity stores the food will be delivered to their community. They are provided with a list of available items and place the order over the phone.

Welfare benefits should be addressed by requiring those who require assistance to work for what they get. Everyday when I drive to work I see roads that need repair, parks that need to be fixed, trash that needs to be picked up on the side of the road, and many other municipal projects that need to be completed. People should have to report to a work center 4 days a week and be assigned to a crew to work. If they don't show they don't get paid. On they day they are off the should be required to prove that the were out seeking employment. I also see this as a way of teaching some people a skill. In Morgan City they just completed building an Emergency Center at the cost of $11 million plus. If they used the people that the government was already paying to help with the labor needs to construct the building imagine the cost savings in labor. This would also give the workers and opportunity at learning a skill they did not have before.

The American government has created an economy that is dependent on the welfare system.
Very well said sir.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Redfish

I don't understand why food stamps can't be just like the WIC program. In WIC you can only buy essentials like milk, cheese, bread etc. At the very least eliminate sodas and candy.But then the junk food companies and supermarkets will payoff any politician who would propose something to change the system.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Again
The American government has created an economy that is dependent on the current welfare system.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Again
The American government has created an economy that is dependent on the current welfare system.
And that's just the way they want it because the liberals know that every one that is living off the system is a vote for the democrat candidate. There are many different ways to buy votes!!!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:42 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
And that's just the way they want it because the liberals know that every one that is living off the system is a vote for the democrat candidate. There are many different ways to buy votes!!!
LBJ actually said "we'll have those ****ers voting democrat for two hundred years". I don't mean that in a racist way. Just shows you what they think of people. People are just a vote so they gain power and money.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

Quote:

My wife is a teacher in a northern parish. Had s kid in her class that had 5-6 siblings. Spent some time with the "mom" found out that between SSD,SSN checks welfare,food stamps and not including subsidized housing they were cashing government checks at around $7,200 a month. Chew on that!!! Why the hell would she work?? They teach classes on this in certain collages!! When are we gonna say enough???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 836

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
LBJ actually said "we'll have those ****ers voting democrat for two hundred years". I don't mean that in a racist way. Just shows you what they think of people. People are just a vote so they gain power and money.

Duck man,
Thank you sir. You are one of 4 people that has claimed to have heard that quote,that I've talked to. and yes guys that is an actual quote. LBJ, as most presidents did back in the day, taped most of his conversations- don't know why but. When I was a poly science major at LSU a professor played that for us, didn't think too much about it 30 yrs ago but... WOW was he right! And I'm hoping that the folks they were speaking of might look around and figure out that they're no better off now than they were then! It's literally slavery by the dems!!! I've looked far and wide and can't seem to find this on YouTube or anywhere. But I heard and others have too.
Sorry didn't mean to get long winded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk