SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayouchub View Post
Yea, great riding boat. I just can't understand why guys on this forum go so crazy over a haynie after riding in one.

I've ridden or driven in 21-24 foot ranger, whaler, triton, pathfinder, blackjack, champion, yellowfin, kenner, nautic star, blue wave, haynie, and several others.
really the haynie is second to only the YF imo

i'd like to see all of them race across the gulf and see which one falls apart first
Old 04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
I've ridden or driven in 21-24 foot ranger, whaler, triton, pathfinder, blackjack, champion, yellowfin, kenner, nautic star, blue wave, haynie, and several others.
really the haynie is second to only the YF imo

i'd like to see all of them race across the gulf and see which one falls apart first
I'd put my 24 lake&bay against all of them
Old 04-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Yea, great riding boat. I just can't understand why guys on this forum go so crazy over a haynie after riding in one. It's a nice boat. But it's a simple concept. Not much technology involved. Horsepower to weight ratio. Havnie is a lightweight, low freeboard, single wall roll gunnel, low deadrise, 21ft boat that will take a 225hp outboard. It is not incredible for it to go 68mph. I just don't get it.
you never rode in one to know.........Just got my out of the shop last week and the owner of the shop said...The Hayine is the only boat that he has never had one person complain about or say one thing bad.... And since Chris Left Sulfur he is getting a lot of them in.

When you can drive 55mph across two and three foot chop and not get wet...You will talk...
Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

It depends on the direction of the chop
Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

And how may 5lb trout u got n the box......
100 x 5...... Dats gonna lean any bote to a side......
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
It depends on the direction of the chop
Not really....unless the winds are over 20mph the only water u will get is spray off which is minimal
Old 04-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Ling

Bottom line ...... This guy was Askin bout triton vs Nauticstar.....
How do we always get off on other boats, when the original post was not asking about other boats.
Mods...... Y'all need to keep threads in chk.... When someone comes on here to get good info b4 making a purchase , they deserve to get quality info.... Not b made fun of, mocked & have their question trashed.... Along with a hijacked thread bc a few people need to gain more damn salty cash.
It's getting outta control. As mods y'all need to control the direction of posts like this, bc if it keeps up I see less and less people asking questions and seeking out info on here.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:34 AM
Tripletail

I have ridden in one and it is a good ride for what it is, a low freeboard bay boat, but does not compare to the ride of a triton or blackjack.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Back to the orginal question, I have driven both boats and the Triton wins in all categorys except for price. Personally I think there are better boats out there for the money but if money is not part of your thought process and your two choices are Triton or NS then buy the Triton. You will get a drier ride and a more stable boat. Neither boat is fast and they tend to draft more than several other options that are out there.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:58 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Having owned both, have to say the Triton, hands down. IMO the Nautic Star isn't even in the same league. Plus the Triton will hold its value better.

Whatever route you go power up as much as possible and get trim tabs. My first boat was an 18ft Nautic Star with a 90yammahamma and I felt like I could get out and run faster in certain conditions. As others have mentioned both boats are slow, but that is a relative term.

While you're looking, check out ProLine and Sea Hunt. I believe ProLine is now owned by Triton and would be something worth taking a glance at before pulling the trigger.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:59 AM
Ling

BigGrin Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Back to the orginal question, I have driven both boats and the Triton wins in all categorys except for price. Personally I think there are better boats out there for the money but if money is not part of your thought process and your two choices are Triton or NS then buy the Triton. You will get a drier ride and a more stable boat. Neither boat is fast and they tend to draft more than several other options that are out there.
U should see the price of the triton I told him about.... Unreal.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
U should see the price of the triton I told him about.... Unreal.
I heard there are some great deals over in Fla. Here in Texas everything is still expensive. I bought a new car on Friday, only got $1,500 off of the sticker and I worked with four different dealers to get that.

There I go, getting off subject again....

I dosen't cost much to have the boat shipped over here so that is what I would do. I bought a boat in Alabama a couple of years ago and paid the guy $400 to meet me in Baton Rouge. I saved 2k on the boat so at the time I thought the savings were worth it. With the prices we have seen in Fla I bet it would be worth it to have them meet him somewhere or ship it.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
you never rode in one to know.........Just got my out of the shop last week and the owner of the shop said...The Hayine is the only boat that he has never had one person complain about or say one thing bad.... And since Chris Left Sulfur he is getting a lot of them in.

When you can drive 55mph across two and three foot chop and not get wet...You will talk...
What you are saying about your boat is just a lie, the guys at Regulator and Contender can not say this about any of there Offshore boats (55 mph two and three foot chop) Tell me why the guys at Haynie said this was not true.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:50 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
What you are saying about your boat is just a lie, the guys at Regulator and Contender can not say this about any of there Offshore boats (55 mph two and three foot chop) Tell me why the guys at Haynie said this was not true.

LMAO....Bring ur Azz down to Big Lake....Ill show you.....and you did not talk to anyone a Hayine....If you did whats his name...So I can Call him right now and ask if he said that????

LOSER
Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
I have ridden in one and it is a good ride for what it is, a low freeboard bay boat, but does not compare to the ride of a triton or blackjack.

Do you own a boat???? Crack Kills U know...Your right a Haynie dont compare...Its way better.... YTD there is about 12 BlackJack owners who traded in for a Hayine and I know a Trition owner on this site who is about to dump his boat for a Haynie

Try again....
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

No boat builder in the world would claim a 21 foot bay boat could take 2 to 3 footers at 55 mph, this is not knock on your little wooden boat no 21 foot bay boat is design for 2 to 3 at 55 mph. You would think by know you wood know this, my friend you are the loser.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 768

Most people don't realize Theres a big difference in how a boat rides and how a boat fishes. It's proven that some boats will catch more fish than others due to being quiet such as wave slapping the sides. Haynie is one of the few that actually does both and that is why so many of the guides started trading there more expensive boats in for haynies.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

Do you own a boat???? Crack Kills U know...Your right a Haynie dont compare...Its way better.... YTD there is about 12 BlackJack owners who traded in for a Hayine and I know a Trition owner on this site who is about to dump his boat for a Haynie

[B]
Try again....
It all depends where you fish. 2-3 ft in big lake does not compare to 2-3 ft on lake p.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
It all depends where you fish. 2-3 ft in big lake does not compare to 2-3 ft on lake p.
Which weighs more?

100 lbs of lead?

or

100 lbs of cotton?

Nothing personal just found that funny carry on
Old 04-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
No boat builder in the world would claim a 21 foot bay boat could take 2 to 3 footers at 55 mph, this is not knock on your little wooden boat no 21 foot bay boat is design for 2 to 3 at 55 mph. You would think by know you wood know this, my friend you are the loser.

Where did a Hayine guy say this.....I said my boat would cut 2 to 3 foot chop doing 55mph....Did it all last week in 30mph...

Where did I say the boat builder said this