SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 07-29-2015, 03:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,329

I couldn't agree more!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
Family land is the only way lol
Old 07-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
30 and 3 or bust
Could you elaborate on what that means?
excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something elementary.
Old 07-29-2015, 04:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm9437 View Post

30 day season. 3 duck limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2015, 04:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm9437 View Post
Early 90's, bird numbers were so low that they reduced the length of the season and daily limit to 30 and 3. Weeded out the "johnny come lately's".
Old 07-29-2015, 05:02 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboy View Post
Early 90's, bird numbers were so low that they reduced the length of the season and daily limit to 30 and 3. Weeded out the "johnny come lately's".
I'd take it in a heart beat
Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Flounder

Cash: 863

If the farmers and land owners would not let people sub-lease, this would stop guys from biding 40,000 for 4 or 5 blinds then trying to lease them out for 12,000 to make money. I think this is where this all started.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

It's all a cycle. A drought will happen sooner or later, breeding grounds will suffer, limits and seasons will be reduced, and big money will not continue to pay to entertain clients and themselves as it will not be feasible. There may be a a period where it gets bad and even worse than it is now, but it will all eventually come around.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:24 PM
Red Snapper

As far as public land, there is still a massive amount of land to hunt in comparison to number of hunters. Bottom line is, there are people who are extremely successful on just about every WMA that holds waterfowl. The excuse that public lands are "too crowded, too much sky busting" is simply that, an excuse. You better believe someone is out there working hard and killing birds. This is the case in my area, anyway. I guess i shouldn't speak for other areas.

The Duck Dynasty fad will eventually fade.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterr77 View Post
If the farmers and land owners would not let people sub-lease, this would stop guys from biding 40,000 for 4 or 5 blinds then trying to lease them out for 12,000 to make money. I think this is where this all started.
How can you blame the farmers or ranchers!!! As bad as we been inpast years and with 85% of the United States not knowing where or what it takes to put food in the trucks that put it in the stores so there daddy's can spend 20-30k on aduck lease.
But it started way before the show
Old 07-29-2015, 07:37 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
As far as public land, there is still a massive amount of land to hunt in comparison to number of hunters. Bottom line is, there are people who are extremely successful on just about every WMA that holds waterfowl. The excuse that public lands are "too crowded, too much sky busting" is simply that, an excuse. You better believe someone is out there working hard and killing birds. This is the case in my area, anyway. I guess i shouldn't speak for other areas.

NoodleCreek......how many days do you hunt public land per season?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Red Snapper

Used to be 25 days a year or so, not many anymore. Many of the guys I used to hunt with still hunt same refuges, and they still kill just as good as we used to. Once i'm done guiding, I won't hesitate to go back to public land.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Face paint + bounce da hen + jacked up truck + meat stick sticker on barrel + cut em decal on back glass + Drake hat , jacket , paints + daddy's CC + beard + 15 robo Ducks = you waisted a lot of money and time trying to be a duck hunter
Old 07-29-2015, 08:32 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Face paint + bounce da hen + jacked up truck + meat stick sticker on barrel + cut em decal on back glass + Drake hat , jacket , paints + daddy's CC + beard + 15 robo Ducks = you waisted a lot of money and time trying to be a duck hunter
Lmao!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:55 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Yea u right. Its an excuse. When I get there, set up in my normal spot and some azzhole roles in 20 minutes before shooting time and sets up close enough that his dog breaks yo retrieve my duck. Its the only excuse I have on mornings like that. You find a spot so far in you are all alone and within 3-4 trips people have found you and set up on top of you. I'm sure you've seen it happen though I'm not sure which end of that stick you are on. Put in the work and find your own damn spot instead of pot licking. At least when I'm fishing and someone is pot licking I can make a move and still catch fish. Hunting? You're just screwed for the day.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 673

Quote:
Used to be 25 days a year or so, not many anymore. Many of the guys I used to hunt with still hunt same refuges, and they still kill just as good as we used to. Once i'm done guiding, I won't hesitate to go back to public land.
So......on average for the last 5 years would you say you have hunted ducks at our local refuges:

A. Less than 2 x season
B. 3-9 times
C. More than 10x
C. 0 times

Just cause your podnas are still killing a few birds public it doesn't mean that the quality of hunting has not gone downhill bigtime on the local refuges since you been guiding at millionaire countryclub. No offense met.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Why you got to hate on beards bruh?
Old 07-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

60 day 3 splits.
3 specks
50 snows
6 teal
3 Pintail
3 mallards
6 widgeon
4 greys
2 wooducks

6 duck limit of coarse.
I thank God for family land. I am proud of what we have and thankful for it everytime I go out there. Feel sorry for the people who don't hunt anymore because the sport has been so commercialized and prices have gone through the roof. Even I have a hard time affording it and we own our property. Up keep is a killer.
Boat maintenance and repairs. Decoys decoys decoys. Ammo is through the roof. Camo is through the roof. Most of the time I wear regular clothes. Like a jeans and a long sleeve green or brown or black shirt. Heck blue even sometimes. Birds can't see inside the blind if you cover it well. All in all expensive and commercialized is what it has gone too. Now I know why dad was always talking bout how it was so hard to keep up everything. Full time and yr round job right there. But like I said. I love it. Never give it up for anything.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Yea u right. Its an excuse. When I get there, set up in my normal spot and some azzhole roles in 20 minutes before shooting time and sets up close enough that his dog breaks yo retrieve my duck. Its the only excuse I have on mornings like that. You find a spot so far in you are all alone and within 3-4 trips people have found you and set up on top of you. I'm sure you've seen it happen though I'm not sure which end of that stick you are on. Put in the work and find your own damn spot instead of pot licking. At least when I'm fishing and someone is pot licking I can make a move and still catch fish. Hunting? You're just screwed for the day.
It's called "Boom-Scouting".
Old 07-29-2015, 09:17 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Haha! Never heard that one but I like it!
Old 07-29-2015, 09:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:

There's no other way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk