SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 02-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985
FlagUS Calcasieu river stage

Anyone got an opinion of when the Calcasieu river will be right for fishing again? Wth the water now falling I hope it is soon. I know it will ake awhile to clear up. Also, has anyone heard anything from Huntinfool? Hope he hasn't floated off!!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

I was told that they are still catching on Westfork if you just lookin for a close place to go and you could even try Bayou Serpent but as far as the Cal. I belive it crested so as soon as it drops to where water will flow out of marsh cuts it should start getting good agin.... just my opinion
Old 02-12-2012, 09:28 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Quote:
Originally Posted by RODBENDER View Post
Anyone got an opinion of when the Calcasieu river will be right for fishing again? Wth the water now falling I hope it is soon. I know it will ake awhile to clear up. Also, has anyone heard anything from Huntinfool? Hope he hasn't floated off!!!!

I would hope that Fool, or anyone else for that matter, would have shouted out for assistance from fellow members...

Too windy and cold for me to fish, plus I didnt want to mess around up there till things were back to normal...
Old 02-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
I would hope that Fool, or anyone else for that matter, would have shouted out for assistance from fellow members...

Too windy and cold for me to fish, plus I didnt want to mess around up there till things were back to normal...
I got my boat back for the time being. It'll never be normal now. :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Hell. It aint bad. The Main river is pouring thru the Little Burns, pushing up into my backyard, ruining my hog hunting, but other than that the West Fork is just fine. We are still catching fish on crank baits and jigs. Won't be long and they will be moving up.

There is a big tournament March 3rd at Parkside, I will post about it as it gets sooner, but $60 a boat.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 985

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Hell. It aint bad. The Main river is pouring thru the Little Burns, pushing up into my backyard, ruining my hog hunting, but other than that the West Fork is just fine. We are still catching fish on crank baits and jigs. Won't be long and they will be moving up.

There is a big tournament March 3rd at Parkside, I will post about it as it gets sooner, but $60 a boat.
I do have a buddy in my club catch a 5, and two threes near the power plant up the west Fork on a crank bait. I believe it was blue gill colored.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571

Man thats sweet a 3 fish 11 pound stringer on the river is nice I sure would like to have that in a tourney on the river