SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 10-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Thumbs up Day Traders??

Any of you guys day trade? I use to do it a lot before Obama destroyed the market. I'm just getting back into it right now picking up a few bucks on some cheap priced shares...
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Say W......I sometimes run across some of those "penny" stocks that have a very good charts. I saw one last night that had trippled in the last 6 month. I think the market cap was < 200k and sold for ~ $ 4.

Never day traded......but I have wanted to sometime buy a stock after a big dip or when there was some kind of breaking new on some company. Before I retired, I was really thinking of taking ~ 25K and see what I could do with this money in a few months. Back in 1999 the market really had some stocks that took big swings.

One guy where I worked made 150K++ in a couple of month buying and selling QCOM a couple of times.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Say W......I sometimes run across some of those "penny" stocks that have a very good charts. I saw one last night that had trippled in the last 6 month. I think the market cap was < 200k and sold for ~ $ 4.

Never day traded......but I have wanted to sometime buy a stock after a big dip or when there was some kind of breaking new on some company. Before I retired, I was really thinking of taking ~ 25K and see what I could do with this money in a few months. Back in 1999 the market really had some stocks that took big swings.

One guy where I worked made 150K++ in a couple of month buying and selling QCOM a couple of times.

I use to make some quick cash on the airlines....I would watch the fuel prices and buy and sell as they went up and down....They were cheap enough to buy a lot...... My boss also turned me on to a Oil company that made us some huge money about 5 years ago.... I sold out too early but he held and sold almost peek high.. ATPG...I bought in 2003 and sold in 05...he bought in 2002 and sold in 07.. This stock was being bought at $2 and sold in the upper 50's.... I bought it at $5.oo a share and sold it at $25 a share...........I would love to his one like this again...... It feel hard after it topped around $60
Old 10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

did quite abit of that and made some good money back in the mid 90's. I ended up loosing my butt,because I was overloaded in technology stocks. Kinda like to try a little again,but not sure whats hot lately,been awhile since Ive researched.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Speck c....I learn a lot by watching that crazy dude on Mad Money on Ch 355 Direct TV
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Ling

o yeah,the one with his sleeves always rolled up and going bald and is always flailing around? I used to watch the money channel every morning when I was investing( with maria bartiromo?) and the gang. Pretty much stayed glued to it-steady watching that ticker. lol Seems so long ago. hah
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

It gets addicting real quickly if you don't control your self!!! I was lucky that I never got the hammer and always came out good!! But I could of got caught up with greed real easy!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Ling

yeah, when you got stocks going up 15-20 dollars a day,its just crazy. Alot of your reasoning just starts slipping away.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 714

How do you guys get in this? I hear people talking about it all the time but never tried it. Can you do it online?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Speck c....I learn a lot by watching that crazy dude on Mad Money on Ch 355 Direct TV
You are talking about Jim Cramer.......I kind of like hearing what he has to say......but you can't go the the bank, just based on what he says. He made his "Name" as a investment banker running Mutual Funds and doing very well.

My wife can't stand to lessen to him talk.

If you are looking for "free" information about stocks.....Yahoo and MSN are good spots to start.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor...=1&Symbol=ATPG

http://finance.yahoo.com/

If you have enough time to watch CNBC Tv channel......you can learn a lot good information there. Some of the guest Analyst that speak are good.....but when there are 2 or 4 people all trying to talk at the same time, I usually which to another channel. Keep a pen and paper handy to write down a stock tip....you never know, one out of ten stock tips could be good.