SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Default Remembering the Deepwater Horizon

I hope you guys do not mind me posting this, but we were all affected by the incident last year, in one way or another. In the end, we lost 11 men who were working trying to provide for their families:

Date: April 19, 2011 5:57:48 PM CDT
Subject: Deepwater Horizon: In Remembrance, Respect & Reflection

-

[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
]
]April 20, 2010 marked a day in history that will be forever etched in our memories. It is a day of somber remembrance, respect and reflection for 11 of our colleagues lost in the tragic aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon explosion
[SIZE=2]That horrific night and the challenging days that followed were life-altering for all of us but most importantly for the bereaved families. [[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Tomorrow at 10:00 a.m., please take the time to respect our 11 colleagues and their families by halting non business-critical activity in a minute of silence and a time for personal reflection in any way you choose.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]I also invite you to join me and the Leadership Team in wearing the lapel pin you recently received in your mail throughout this day as a symbol of our stand to never forget.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]My silent moments will be filled with thoughts of comfort and healing for the bereaved families and complete restoration to Gulf Coast communities. It will also be of hope that the choices you and I make each day help to make the work we do and communities we live in safer. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Let us neither forget where we were and the progress we continue to make as we embed lessons we learned deep within our Region. These lessons will be shared with the oil and gas industry, regulators, and government officials around the globe. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Together, I'm confident our efforts will further strengthen the way we manage risk and safety to return us home to our families and friends each and every day.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]James Dupree[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE][SIZE=1]Regional President, Gulf of Mexico[/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,834