SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post
I think it's possible to agree with both sides of the issue. Everything is not always so cut and dry.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment. It's true, disallowing guns keeps them out of the hands of good people. Problem is, even good people have bad days. Any single life taken, whether the gun was legal or not, is a tragedy.

Please don't blast me, as I know the statistics of gun violence point mostly toward the use of illegally acquired weapons. Also, I agree that everyone should be allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones, provided they aren't a complete nut job.

I think the real issue is gun control meets mental illness. It's a complicated issue to figure out how to keep guns out of the hands of these folks. They seem to get them anyway, so after they shoot a bunch of people, we shoot them. This is not a very good system. Even if they only kill one person, that's 2 people dead because of mental illness, or a crazy person, or evil, or the devil, or whatever else you'd like to call it.

My condolences to the victims and their family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed it is a nasty cycle, but unfortunately good law abiding citizens are left with few options to feel safe in their own community, so you do what you can to ensure you will see your children tomorrow.

I wonder how many people that have a CCP where at that theater and DID NOT bring their weapon?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

Now this will piss me off!!!

http://www.katc.com/story/29626174/w...pe=smartdevice
Old 07-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshark View Post

Westboro Baptist Church to picket shooting victims' funerals

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 11:58 AM CDT Updated: Jul 24, 2015 11:58 AM CDT
By Ian AuzenneEmail
Connectiauzenne@katctv.com

LAFAYETTE - The controversial church known for picketing funerals of American service members says it plans to picket the funerals of the two women killed Thursday night in the shooting at the Grand Theatre 16 on Johnston Street.
The Westboro Baptist Church says on its Twitter page that it will protest outside the funerals of Mayci Breaux and Jillian Johnson. The Tweet reads as follows:
Warming up the picket signs for #lafayettetheater shooting victim funerals. God Sent the Shooter AGAIN! https://t.co/P0NkvGBIrJ
— Westboro Baptist (@WBCSaysRepent) July 24, 2015
The suspected shooter, John Russell Houser, 59, of Phenix City, Alabama, expressed support for Westboro Baptist in online posts he made. One such post read "The Westboro Baptist Church may be the last real church in America [whose] members [are] not brainwashed."
The church, famous for its signs with slogans such as "God hates fags," refused to claim Houser, saying he was "not part of Westboro Baptist Church." The church also mocked Houser, saying, "Even a blind hog can find an truffle once in awhile!"

This has to be a sick joke
Old 07-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshark View Post
Yeah that's F'd up
Old 07-24-2015, 12:47 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Bet it will be the last time they show up in Louisiana. KATC just basically sent out a BOLO on em. No way they get close enough to be able to picket that. Too many cajuns and good ole boys that will make sure they don't.

Those clowns disgust me. What reason is there to picket these women's funerals? They make it blatantly clear why they picket the funeral's of service men and women, but what have these women done to deserve that nonsense?
Old 07-24-2015, 01:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Bet it will be the last time they show up in Louisiana. KATC just basically sent out a BOLO on em. No way they get close enough to be able to picket that. Too many cajuns and good ole boys that will make sure they don't.

Those clowns disgust me. What reason is there to picket these women's funerals? They make it blatantly clear why they picket the funeral's of service men and women, but what have these women done to deserve that nonsense?
Those people are throwed off in a bad way.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

I'm still having a hard time trying to come to grips with what happened last night in our community. My prayers and thoughts to those who were injured and killed last night. Lafayette will have a hard time overcoming the grief and sorrow we all are feeling. Our sense of a vibrant, caring and safe city just took a blind sided hit. However, I know the Cajun spirit will prevail with a oneness That will make us better and stronger.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:57 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'm still laughing at this. Next post God Bless the victims and their families. He felt so bad for those people but had to take time to point out that I'm a Fu cking douchebag before saying God Bless the victims. That is hilarious.
quit trying to take the attention off of yourself. i along with many others read your post and felt complete disgust with the lack of compassion for the victims by your comments. take a hike dude
Old 07-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
This needs to be an eye opening lesson for the Grand theatre that their anti good guy gun policies do not help protect their patrons. They get them killed. Our theatre is a Grand and I only go when the wife drags me there. I hate giving them my $ when they don't support my right to be alive.

The gun free policy is bull, but let's not act like there would have been a guaranteed gun in there if the policy wasn't in place.

Have we confirmed there were CC permit holders in that theatre that left their weapon at home or in the car because of the policy?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

There is a human wall deal on Facebook to put a silent perimeter around the families and protect them from those idiots, and over 4,000 people have already accepted the invite... That's impressive in such a short amount of time.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:07 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
quit trying to take the attention off of yourself. i along with many others read your post and felt complete disgust with the lack of compassion for the victims by your comments. take a hike dude
At what point did I express a lack of compassion? I said it sucked. By that time it was done and over. Nothing could be changed. Not letting emotion get in the way of facts is not a lack of compassion. It's critical thinking.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

This is why I have and will continue to stay out of this on this board!!
Everyone can have there own options or thoughts as to how you feel.

I don't go no where without mine in my back or hip!!
Is this sad yes! Do I feel bad and prey for the families and all La.yes!
But this is the world we live in and it's happened for year's and year's a sick man or woman gets a gun or knife and dose something really sick!!

Bad men and woman get guns to to comment crimes but 99.9% are not crazy enugff to do something as bad as a random mass shooting!! News outlets just want a story, they never talk or report of any good things people do anymore!!
That's my2cents and I am done with this post.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
The gun free policy is bull, but let's not act like there would have been a guaranteed gun in there if the policy wasn't in place.

Have we confirmed there were CC permit holders in that theatre that left their weapon at home or in the car because of the policy?
I understand that there may not have been a ccw holder in there and even if he/she had their weapon it may not have helped. Was simply pointing out the relation of gun free zones and mass shootings. Hell even at military places. But regognizing a pattern and pointing it out makes me a heartless person.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1437769590378.jpg (55.8 KB, 136 views)
Old 07-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Sailfish

^^^^^^^^^this
Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Please pass the word and post on your Facebook that The Bayou Church will hold a prayer meeting tomorrow Saturday July 5th at 6-7 pm. The purpose is to honor and pray for victims, their families and first responders. All are invited. The church is located on Kaliste Saloom between Ross Tire and Delta World tire. Thanks.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Sorry you don't like it. Yeah it sucks but the grands firearm policy is part of the issue. It makes it easy for whackos. Whackos don't go to gun ranges to commit murder they go to gun free zones.
You are correct that I am not a very sympathetic person Mako. I pretty much only care about 3 people on this earth. My wife and our two children.
What happened sucks but they should have protected themselves. Like marty said. I always have my gun.
Exactly what is it you would have done, had you been there? I'm all for CC, BUT it has it's places to impliment it's use. It's enough to have one idiot firing bullets in a dark room, can you see yourself doing the same? With dozens of kids scrambling around and jumping over seats in the dark running for their lives? C'mon! And what if the cops would come in at the exact time you are holding your gun? What do you think could happen then?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:16 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

I have been reading about the victims lives all day. I surprises me that not one of you have mentioned how young and beautiful Maycie Breaux was. What promise her young life held for her. Noone has mentiond what an amazing artist Jillian Johnson was. Or any of the non-profit groups she has started. Or her amazing band "The Figs". These women went to the ****ing movies guys. My daughters go to the movies....yalls do to. This story is NOT about packing heat. It should be about 2 lives that were cut short by a lunatic. I feel sad about our country. I feel sad that public shootings are not surprising anymore. What has happened to us as humans that these shootings are not an oddity? Also guys... I love me some S.C. I've made lifelong friends because of this site, but I'm very surprised that the conversation about the incident here on S.C. mirrors what I've seen on other social media. A focus on gun rights/control. Look...2 beautiful young women are dead. a wife, a mother, a daughter, a cousin, an aunt, a neighbor, a musician, a college student, a friend. That's the story ya'll. not Jindal or NRA, or cc laws.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

^^^^^^^. Thanks Mr. Crab.....
Old 07-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
I have been reading about the victims lives all day. I surprises me that not one of you have mentioned how young and beautiful Maycie Breaux was. What promise her young life held for her. Noone has mentiond what an amazing artist Jillian Johnson was. Or any of the non-profit groups she has started. Or her amazing band "The Figs". These women went to the ****ing movies guys. My daughters go to the movies....yalls do to. This story is NOT about packing heat. It should be about 2 lives that were cut short by a lunatic. I feel sad about our country. I feel sad that public shootings are not surprising anymore. What has happened to us as humans that these shootings are not an oddity? Also guys... I love me some S.C. I've made lifelong friends because of this site, but I'm very surprised that the conversation about the incident here on S.C. mirrors what I've seen on other social media. A focus on gun rights/control. Look...2 beautiful young women are dead. a wife, a mother, a daughter, a cousin, an aunt, a neighbor, a musician, a college student, a friend. That's the story ya'll. not Jindal or NRA, or cc laws.
Good point crabs but here is the flip side. I don't know these two women. I think it's horrible that they lost their life. Gun free zones = easy chances for bad people to do harm.