SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

What makes a marsh blind over $5k high when you pay over $5k for a field blind? Don't you usually kill more birds in a marsh blind than a rice field? Just wondering. Know plenty of ppl that would pay way over $5k for a productive marsh blind. Guys in camp next to me pay $40k for 600 acres. It is what it is nowadays. Gotta pay to play. Thanks Duck Dynasty!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by specktator View Post
What makes a marsh blind over $5k high when you pay over $5k for a field blind? Don't you usually kill more birds in a marsh blind than a rice field? Just wondering. Know plenty of ppl that would pay way over $5k for a productive marsh blind. Guys in camp next to me pay $40k for 600 acres. It is what it is nowadays. Gotta pay to play. Thanks Duck Dynasty!
Never leased a field blind, but I guess the convience. Blinds are already there, farmer controls water and food supply. The hopes of the speckle belly kill.... goose season runs a lot longer than duck season. No boat needed... all just guesses.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Swordfish

I guess convenience does play a role. I know guys that pay $7500 for productive rice field blinds in Whiteville. Owners know they can get it. My lease has gone up every year the last 3 years. Too many "yuppies" with deep pockets.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:15 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
Never leased a field blind, but I guess the convience. Blinds are already there, farmer controls water and food supply. The hopes of the speckle belly kill.... goose season runs a lot longer than duck season. No boat needed... all just guesses.
I'm learning that quickly this year. I hunted a field blind years ago by Rayne and it was as easy as walking to the blind in your tennis shoes. You could easily make a hunt before school in the morning. Ducks were decent, but the geese were phenomenal. This year we got in a marsh lease and it's non stop work!! If it isn't one thing, it's another. I'm not complaining because any reason to be out there is good enough for me, but hunting in a pit blind from a levee is cadillac!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 641

If you know somebody that is willing to pay over $5000 for a blind in the marsh tell them to PM me. My blinds are leased for this year but I have 2 that kill 250 -350 ducks per year. I would consider leasing them one of the blinds next season.

Thanks
Big Hutch
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hutch View Post
If you know somebody that is willing to pay over $5000 for a blind in the marsh tell them to PM me. My blinds are leased for this year but I have 2 that kill 250 -350 ducks per year. I would consider leasing them one of the blinds next season.

Thanks
Big Hutch
Where are they? I will pass the word.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

T-Top hit the nail on the head, nonstop work in the marsh. 30 AND 3 OR BUST!
Old 10-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 698

Matt, get ready to spend some money in a marsh. Our lease isn't that much for 1 section, but the up keep is killing us. In the last 5 years we have spent thousands of dollars trying to keep it open and clean. We finally broke down and got mud boat. This should help. But don't expect any help from land owners on any problems. The river drains have the state trough the GC marshes off of it. That's a lot of fertalizer coming down. That's why it grows and changes from 1 year to the next.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Hutch View Post

Thanks
Big Hutch
Pm me your contact info
Old 10-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

My buddy leases 4 blinds for 36k a year (Rice field)

Same guys have leased for last 5, he does allow them to guide hunts on it if they want. They do guide quite a few speckle belly hunts. Last year they hunted 22days in a row with limit of specks each day
Old 10-22-2013, 02:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
My buddy leases 4 blinds for 36k a year (Rice field)

Same guys have leased for last 5, he does allow them to guide hunts on it if they want. They do guide quite a few speckle belly hunts. Last year they hunted 22days in a row with limit of specks each day
Do what????? That's like 9k a blind insane!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Well crap while we are at it...I need a lease in GC...lost ours...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshRat89 View Post

I would pay 9k if... It was same quality blind as w is talking about and it was less than 20 min drive from Baton Rouge
Old 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I would pay 9k if... It was same quality blind as w is talking about and it was less than 20 min drive from Baton Rouge
20 minutes from Br would be tough to find a blind that would consistently produce like that. I know of blinds 30 minutes from lafayette where you can get action like that at a third of that cost though.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:

Yep, and they pay it... use to be 30k but they had to install a whole new irrigation system so prices go up

I personally would never pay to hunt, im lucky enough to have enough good friends who farm and family land that I don't have to lease to kill anything

I buy decoys and have bought a few pit blinds etc which i think that I should at least do that much to hunt!!

Some Drs and lawyers pay some stupid money to hunt, I think Cherry Ridge its 10K for two day hunt for 6 people
Old 10-22-2013, 04:02 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
20 minutes from Br would be tough to find a blind that would consistently produce like that. I know of blinds 30 minutes from lafayette where you can get action like that at a third of that cost though.

Sorry let me correct my self I meant to say a third less of that cost.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Yep, and they pay it... use to be 30k but they had to install a whole new irrigation system so prices go up

I personally would never pay to hunt, im lucky enough to have enough good friends who farm and family land that I don't have to lease to kill anything

I buy decoys and have bought a few pit blinds etc which i think that I should at least do that much to hunt!!

Some Drs and lawyers pay some stupid money to hunt, I think Cherry Ridge its 10K for two day hunt for 6 people
I looked at that grosse savann place .. 41k for 16 guys!!! Not going that route
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

Never in my life will I ever pay those prices. People want everything set up ready to go. They scared of a lil work.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

What's white lake cost for the weekend?? 6 blinds sat and sun, for 30000 or 40000. You paying the state when pay that money, guides work for wildlife and fisheries.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

An avg rice field blind will go at 5k minimum. If you are able to have one for less than that price and kill 200-300 ducks not counting teal season consider yourself very lucky. Most are 6-8K and that is the range we pay and we kill about 350-400 just for big duck season. Also, not all blinds are the same (good) even on the same farm. 1-2 blinds will always be better for the most part than the others on the same farm.