SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Smalls the head gate guy is the biggest duck hunter behind the weirs

I can't wait till July 9th to hear them lie when I bust there aZZ about duck hunting
Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

I can't wait till July 9th to hear them lie when I bust there aZZ about duck hunting
I asked you for his name months ago, and you never gave it to me.

Why is that?

If you could actually prove me wrong, I would admit it. But you always skirt my questions. Why is that?
Old 06-28-2014, 09:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

10 pages or bust folks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51799057.jpg (57.0 KB, 208 views)
Old 06-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
I asked you for his name months ago, and you never gave it to me.

Why is that?

If you could actually prove me wrong, I would admit it. But you always skirt my questions. Why is that?
I did give it to you.... Don't remember now but look back I posted it

Again "WE" "Us" locals know it's all about duck hunting , you forget that 90% of the full time guides also guide duck hunting

We know !!! You can act like it's to save the marsh but that's like saying Obama is trying to save healthcare
Old 06-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 951

Quote:

I'll be there to hear what they got to say!
Old 06-28-2014, 09:20 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

Again "WE" "Us" locals know it's all about duck hunting , you forget that 90% of the full time guides also guide duck hunting

We know !!! You can act like it's to save the marsh but that's like saying Obama is trying to save healthcare
Nah, pretty sure you never did. Go look it up.

And if you did, why don't you post it back up? Shouldn't be a big issue for you.

In case you don't remember, I am from Lake Charles. I care just as much about that area as you do. Maybe more, considering I actually dedicated the first 2 1/2 years of my career to its conservation.

Contrary to what you believe, Waltrip, You aren't the only one that knows a lot of people that care about the resources.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

I will only make one comment on all this, "only" scientific facts should be used to control the weirs. At this point, only MG has offered any "facts", the rest, well each side has their beliefs. The meeting will be interesting "if" truth is discussed and not turn into a shouting arguing match. But the only thing I can say, if anyone doesn't believe that "money" controls all things in this state, and the world, you got your head in a hole.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:57 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyI View Post
I will only make one comment on all this, "only" scientific facts should be used to control the weirs. At this point, only MG has offered any "facts", the rest, well each side has their beliefs. The meeting will be interesting "if" truth is discussed and not turn into a shouting arguing match. But the only thing I can say, if anyone doesn't believe that "money" controls all things in this state, and the world, you got your head in a hole.

Dude, I've thrown up so many facts on these weirs and that marsh, it ain't even funny. This conversation has been going on for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. I've even offered some of the reports I have on research that has been done on the Cameron-Creole. I quit posting the same thing over and over again because people don't care to know anything scientific unless it supports their side.

Here's your link Waltrip. Find where you posted the name.

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Weirs Closed - SaltyCajun.com
Old 06-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Ive been hunting behind weirs for 30 years. The better blinds in marsh tend to be closer to the weirs where it is saltier. I do not believe weirs are for duck hunting.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 504

Could someone please let all of us know when and where this meeting will be held?
Old 06-28-2014, 10:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun dave View Post
Could someone please let all of us know when and where this meeting will be held?
Its July 9th at Prien Lake Park if I remember correctly. Look for the CCA E-Mail thread.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 504

Thanks. Will do.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Quote:

He gave it to you. Go back and look.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:55 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Dude, I've thrown up so many facts on these weirs and that marsh, it ain't even funny. This conversation has been going on for a LONG, LONG, LONG time. I've even offered some of the reports I have on research that has been done on the Cameron-Creole. I quit posting the same thing over and over again because people don't care to know anything scientific unless it supports their side.

You've thrown up facts, but bottom line is, operation of the wiers is contracted out. Explain why they are open with water pouring into the marsh, and closed when it rains it's a** off. Whoever is operating them is not going by your facts as to when it should be opened and closed.

I don't want to see land lost, but I also don't want to see a huge estuary choked off of a major food source.

Come on man, do you believe everything the government tells you? This day and age, it's about money and politics. I know you are smart enough to understand that.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:00 PM
Red Snapper

Operation of weirs right now is a joke. Bigger issue is rocking the ship channel.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:

Thanks for the link. There was a lot of good discussion and information posted in that thread. Also note that back in April, a number of folks thought there was something really wrong because their fish catches were down. Others suggested the fish might just be in an unusual pattern and not being caught because of the cooler spring and changed foraging habits.

Now that it's late June, "W" and other guides have been reporting catching limits of specks just about every day, and often by 9:00 AM. Those fish being caught in June were in or near the estuary back in April, they just were not being caught then because even the experienced Big Lake anglers did not know where they were.

Specks are an unpredictable fish and Big Lake is an unpredictable lake. A few months of bad fishing does not mean the sky is falling, it just means the fish are doing something unexpected.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:04 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
He gave it to you. Go back and look.

Maybe you need to go read it AGAIN.

Post it up if you're so confident that he said it.

Show me where he posted a name. He didn't. He's bluffing again, like always. I just reread that entire thread. Not once did he say who was in control. He couldn't even give me the name of a public servant that he or his buddies talked to.

When did I say anything indicative of me "believing everything the government tells me"? I'm simply stating what I know from experience.

These guys managing those lands are just as much concerned with the marsh as a whole as they are with ducks. You don't plant smooth cordgrass for ducks. There's a lot better plants than smooth cord for ducks.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe someone is pulling the strings and having the weirs managed poorly, or at least not the way they are supposed to be. But I don't think its those landowners.

The thing that some people fail to realize is that leaving the weirs closed could be as bad for the marsh as opening the weirs when the lake salinity is high. It can reach salinities back there from evapotranspiration that are lethal to many plants. How is letting the salinity get out of control good for the marsh?

So opening those weirs periodically is just as important for the marsh as it is for the lake.

Why is it not being operates correctly? I don't know. I don't think anyone here does.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:42 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

Show me where he posted a name. He didn't. He's bluffing again, like always. I just reread that entire thread. Not once did he say who was in control. He couldn't even give me the name of a public servant that he or his buddies talked to.

When did I say anything indicative of me "believing everything the government tells me"? I'm simply stating what I know from experience.

These guys managing those lands are just as much concerned with the marsh as a whole as they are with ducks. You don't plant smooth cordgrass for ducks. There's a lot better plants than smooth cord for ducks.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Maybe someone is pulling the strings and having the weirs managed poorly, or at least not the way they are supposed to be. But I don't think its those landowners.

The thing that some people fail to realize is that leaving the weirs closed could be as bad for the marsh as opening the weirs when the lake salinity is high. It can reach salinities back there from evapotranspiration that are lethal to many plants. How is letting the salinity get out of control good for the marsh?

So opening those weirs periodically is just as important for the marsh as it is for the lake.

Why is it not being operates correctly? I don't know. I don't think anyone here does.
I posted his name on a thread , I will find who he is again don't worry .

Also tell me why they opened the weirs Mermoral weekend for 72 hrs when the lake salinity was high and marsh was high and 3-4 ft lower than the lake

The lake flowed into the marsh all of those days so why did they open it??

I will tell you why! they are getting heat over the way it's mismanaged and more and more are putting pressure on them about trying to manage the duck grass for duck hunters !!

I can't wait for them to straight aZZ lie to the public July. 9th
Old 06-29-2014, 08:54 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Also it should be a conflict of interest for the federal Goverment to allow someone who benefits off the marsh (duck hunters) to run it.

This will be my question at the meeting . How many guys who work on the contract to control weirs duck hunt or have a lease behind the weirs.

" names and leases are being worked on as we speak " if they lie to the public we will have 100% proof with names
Old 06-29-2014, 10:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:

This is also the same guy that says you can catch redfish using a car battery.