SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-26-2009, 08:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 550
Cry Need reel help real bad...

ALL of my baitcast reels are fouled up right now with the same problem. The line guide is sticking on the worm gear when it gets to the side of the reel. It could be either side, sometimes it sticks for a turn or two then keeps on going or sometimes it will stay stuck until I manually get it moving. If I apply pressure to the guide at all it doesn't get stuck, it doesn't take much, just leaving my finger on it is usually enough. Cleaned and lubed them but they still don't work right. Any ideas on what is wrong are appreciated, got 7 reels out of commission right now.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Get you some Shimano Curados .....Dont have to worry about that!!!!

REELMAN on here repairs and cleans them.....LOOk HIM UP!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 08:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 512

ya may have a buncha trash or lotsa grease in there causin it ta jump and get stuck.strip em down and clean the worm gear clean. then check it out
Old 07-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 550

If I only had an extra $1500 laying around...

REELMAN has a thread in the classifieds, I may have to make a trip to Bell City this week if I can't figure this out.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Flounder

Cash: 596

Bring them by the shop and I'll get them going. I appreciate a chance to work on your reels.

Thanks Reelman
Old 07-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa k View Post
ALL of my baitcast reels are fouled up right now with the same problem. The line guide is sticking on the worm gear when it gets to the side of the reel. It could be either side, sometimes it sticks for a turn or two then keeps on going or sometimes it will stay stuck until I manually get it moving. If I apply pressure to the guide at all it doesn't get stuck, it doesn't take much, just leaving my finger on it is usually enough. Cleaned and lubed them but they still don't work right. Any ideas on what is wrong are appreciated, got 7 reels out of commission right now.

I had a Curado that was doin' that and had to have the worm replaced. What kinda reels ya got?
Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
I had a Curado that was doin' that and had to have the worm replaced. What kinda reels ya got?
Sounds like ambassadors, there good for that
Old 07-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

curados are capable of doing this too. amabassadors are famous for it. cleaning them up good and getting the excess lube out of the way would be a good thing, but he pawl needs to be changed. possibly the worm gears too.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

sounds like ambassadors.. Underneath your line guide you'll see where you can unscrew it with a flathead screw driver. Unscrew it and you'll find a little cylindrical peice with a flat u-shaped thing coming off of it. (at least it used of look like a u) Look at it and its probably messed up, so run to academy at get you some new ones they aren't expensive like 3 bucks for a new one. I run threw them all the time. I wish i knew what they were called but i forget, cuz i started buying shimanos
Old 07-27-2009, 02:48 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250
Default curado

i always fished with ambassadors.had many problems with them if you fish salt water.i now have 3 curados and fish salt every week.not one prob with shimano.you get what you pay for.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
sounds like ambassadors.. Underneath your line guide you'll see where you can unscrew it with a flathead screw driver. Unscrew it and you'll find a little cylindrical peice with a flat u-shaped thing coming off of it. (at least it used of look like a u) Look at it and its probably messed up, so run to academy at get you some new ones they aren't expensive like 3 bucks for a new one. I run threw them all the time. I wish i knew what they were called but i forget, cuz i started buying shimanos
It's called a Paul or paw? Take the cap screw off & mark it & then turn it 180 degrees & see if it helps. If it does it will last you for a few more trips but will need replacing before long. Have also been in the middle of fishing & one start doing that, you can pull that cap screw off & put a tiny piece of paper (shim) in the cap & it will make through the day.