SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Stories, History, and Tributes

Stories, History, and Tributes Got a story to tell about your childhood, someone you admired, or some interesting history to share? This is the place!

Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Thumbs up An amazing man...

Wow! I just had an insurance adjuster come through for the first time this year. At the end of last year, his 18 yr old son was battling cancer and, it was wearing my adjuster down to nothing. His son lost the battle with cancer Jan. 10th this year. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I heard he was coming to my shop today. I have to say that I am very impressed by his grace in this terrible event. He spoke with such conviction for the love of his son, his son's legacy and, Christ. His eloquence in tragedy is something that I'll admire for a long time to come and, the words he shared with me regarding his son's passing will stay with me a lifetime..."Always hug your kids and, introduce them to Christ. Make sure that they know Him because someday, maybe sooner than you'd like, they'll meet Him."

I think I'd be a drunken fool with no sense of up or down, had I been in his shoes.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

He hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 597

Thank you for sharing this.

Up until a few years ago I led a charmed life. I never faced adversity ever. Within a few months My dad (and best fishing partner) had a huge stroke, then my wife left. If it had not been for my relationship with God through his son, I never would have made it and my kids would have paid the price.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I really do wish that every parent here could meet this man. He's such a stand-up guy, yet so humble even before his son's illness and, untimely passing.

I remember when his son was ill, he came through the shop several times and, each time, the man looked more worn down. Somehow though, he managed to handle his work and, lived his life in the hospital. I found out yesterday, he did it through his faith. His faith that God had a plan. He did confide that, at one point, he thought to himself that if God allowed his son to die, he didn't know if he could continue to be on the side of the Lord. He now says that, even in his son's passing, his devotion grew stronger.

I have to admit that I was worried about what I would encounter with this man yesterday. I just didn't know what his mindset would be. I was humbled and proud to tears as he shared his story with me. Man, oh man, hug those kids! I still get teary-eyed thinking about the message he shared with me!

The passing of his son taught me something. I hope it teaches and, inspires many more!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

I see the same in my baby sister every day..........there is gap between those that have lost a child and those of us that have not.

There is no way for us to understand.......all we can do is stand in the gap for them.

It is highly possible Corey......you are a guy that this man sees as a person in the gap for him.

thanks for sharing
Old 07-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Last year a very good friend of mine lost his daughter, son in law, and 2 granddaughters in a terrible auto accident. When I asked him how he and his wife stayed so strong he said it was only through his relationship with Christ and he used this terrible accident to witness to hundreds of people about his faith. All of us better have that relationship with Christ because we will face death sooner or later whether its the death of a child or our own death.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Last year a very good friend of mine lost his daughter, son in law, and 2 granddaughters in a terrible auto accident. When I asked him how he and his wife stayed so strong he said it was only through his relationship with Christ and he used this terrible accident to witness to hundreds of people about his faith. All of us better have that relationship with Christ because we will face death sooner or later whether its the death of a child or our own death.
If your friend is in Lafayette and the accident that took their lives happened in Tx., I think I know who you are talking about. He and his wife are an inspiration to all of us. We lost our baby grandson to a terrible intentional act a few years ago, and we still haven't recovered from the pain. The only thing that eases the pain somewhat is the possibility that we might be fortunate enough one day to see him again in Heaven because we know that is where he is.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
If your friend is in Lafayette and the accident that took their lives happened in Tx., I think I know who you are talking about. He and his wife are an inspiration to all of us. We lost our baby grandson to a terrible intentional act a few years ago, and we still haven't recovered from the pain. The only thing that eases the pain somewhat is the possibility that we might be fortunate enough one day to see him again in Heaven because we know that is where he is.
That's the one. Great people!! What an inspiration.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

What I believe, is that the death of a child is pure confirmation of heaven.
There is no possible way a young child is not in heaven.

I believe in heaven.
I absolutly believe that Dru is there. I can only aspire to be there as well.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
What I believe, is that the death of a child is pure confirmation of heaven.
There is no possible way a young child is not in heaven.

I believe in heaven.
I absolutly believe that Dru is there. I can only aspire to be there as well.
I suspect he is playing with our Lane-O.