SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-24-2018, 04:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Lacassine Pool Great Place to Spend the Day

Very enjoyable place to fish or even just boat ride and site see. For years I only fished for white perch or trout and reds. Logging on here in late march early april looking for white perch information and steady seeing pool information was not that interesting to me. Even when I go to Toledo most want to bass fish and I'm there for the white perch. A few weeks ago I was working nites and my dad invited me to go out to lacassine. and I accepted. well that night after getting to work I was tired and backed out on him. just had no interest in marsh fishing and from my experience bank fishing a few times they were always small white perch. bank fished half a dozen times but never by boat. I never back out on a trip unless something serious. this time I was working nights which was more than a good enough excuse for my dad but although I was tired all I could think of was having to work fighting the shallow water and grass while throwing lures over and over with little to no success. dad and brother n law had just caught 25-30 fish the week before keeping 12 and releasing a five and six pounder so I know dad really wanted to go back out there and he is not the type to go by himself unless he knows the area good like from his home on Calcasieu or his camp on Toledo. also I'm the only shift worker in the family so I'm sure going in middle of week was also on his mind. I should of went and have felt bad since. just the beauty of the place is worth going see and most of all I missed a day with my dad. after 47 years I will be making my 4th trip out there in the am with my dad this time. now that I have more confidence in bass fishing I'm looking forward to kicking his butt, lol. I may have more saltwater experience but he definitely has the advantage in fresh water bass fishing so should be fun. although this thread may seem more like an apology to my old man I really just want to say to anyone who has been thinking of a trip out there or who have never been to go enjoy this incredible resource we have here. another perfect example why we are the sportsmans paradise.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Well said and , ps Fish with your Dad every chance you get !