SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
My point was when Keekar makes statement like 20% of all Chevys are lemons, it makes it hard to take him seriously when he's crying for "science based" information. You are right though, I don't agree with what a lot of people say on here but it's a free country. It just humors me when guides feel as though they know what's best for the calcasieau estuary. My experience is that MOST guides want what's best for themselves. I'm not defending CCA by no means but it's like we are reliving the whole DU thing from 10-15 years ago all over again. This uprising against CCA didn't start til the guides weren't catching fish on big lake just like no one had a problem with DU until they had a couple bad years duck hunting. It's like it's got to be somebody's fault. Also, Keekar, can you explain to us what makes CCA "corrupt"?
You won't get any disagreement from me in terms of the guides. The proof is in the pudding as they say. Just look at the ridiculous weir discussions that have happened on this forum. Those are proof alone that there are many people, not just guides, that lack the basic knowledge of marsh and estuary ecology, yet they argue that the weirs are killing the lake. But when there is science that backs up what they are saying in terms of the fish limits, and CCA pushed for and continues to push for more conservative limits, there is a problem.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Agree. And then you have people that drink the guides' kool aid because the guides are typically good fishermen. I don't understand why some guides are so against conservative limits. In most cases that means they could go home earlier (speaking trout only). My guess is most of their sports are more interested in the catching than the meat anyway. Why not play catch and release instead of slamming the throttle down when you've caught your limit? You can still catch however many you want, just can't keep them. That's what fishing has over hunting. How cool would it be on those rare mornings if you could continue to "catch and release" ducks after your limit.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

I would assume it would make more sense logically to keep the tag, get the truck, sale it and it use the money towards what you believe. Basically have cca paying for what you feel will be beneficial.
But I would bet dollars to donuts that you wouldn't actually turndown a new truck given you won it.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by youmyboyblue View Post
I would assume it would make more sense logically to keep the tag, get the truck, sale it and it use the money towards what you believe. Basically have cca paying for what you feel will be beneficial.
But I would bet dollars to donuts that you wouldn't actually turndown a new truck given you won it.
Good point. Let's see who has the nads to do that. I surely don't.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Agree. And then you have people that drink the guides' kool aid because the guides are typically good fishermen. I don't understand why some guides are so against conservative limits. In most cases that means they could go home earlier (speaking trout only). My guess is most of their sports are more interested in the catching than the meat anyway. Why not play catch and release instead of slamming the throttle down when you've caught your limit? You can still catch however many you want, just can't keep them. That's what fishing has over hunting. How cool would it be on those rare mornings if you could continue to "catch and release" ducks after your limit.
I don't necessarily have an issue with catch and release, but I don't do it with legal fish (with a few exceptions). Harvest limits are set for a reason....as a means of management. Conservative limits aren't beneficial, because they leave too many fish in the ecosystem, and it reduces the health of this fish. Just look at all of Mathgeek's studies. Limits need to be set based on the science available. Limits (or regulations) that are too conservative can be just as detrimental to a population as limits that are too liberal.
Quote:
****, I'd sell it in a heartbeat and pay off my truck, and probably find something to do with what ever is left. They never give away a truck I want anyway.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:

Most that play lotteries like this don't have the means to buys what is being given away, hence the symbiotic relationship.

Me, I won't play whether broke or well off. It's a bad investment if you look at the odds logically.

Screw the tag, the trash truck, and the boat that you have to spend months wading through paperwork on and going pick up the trailer in a separate location.

If it were a Haynie and a Coloraydo. Full a stickers... Count me in
Old 06-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

My son won a CCA boat 2 years ago. No hassle at all. Signed the papers and drug it home. Came with trailer and all. Wasn't a bad investment Just saying
Old 06-03-2015, 08:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

the guy won a truck good for him! You can't even post a good story on here without morons making it political. You're acting just like the people you're speaking out against.

I wish the truck winner would come on here a post a "W worthy" Haters gonna Hate MEME! or this one.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1ea.jpg (7.8 KB, 104 views)
Old 06-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
the guy won a truck good for him! You can't even post a good story on here without morons making it political. You're acting just like the people you're speaking out against.

I wish the truck winner would come on here a post a "W worthy" Haters gonna Hate MEME! or this one.....
+100

The guy won, good for him! maybe hes going to give it to his son? that's what I would do with it