SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596
Default Worst fishing story!!!!

Put up your worst fishing story. Not boat leaving you stranded. Fished hooked and lost or something of that nature. Ill post mine in a few I gotta look at a buddies boat right quick.... Till then... Tight lines
Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

I had about an 8/0 treble hook from a Rapala stuck in my finger past the barb offshore one day. Had to cut the flesh from around the hook wit my pocket knife and pull it out. It was excruciating. But other than that we caught a bunch of fish and had fun.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Sailfish

Lol... Clampy jerked a 3/8 let head put of marsh grass and hit me in the temple at bout 30mph
Old 05-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Lol... Clampy jerked a 3/8 let head put of marsh grass and hit me in the temple at bout 30mph
Lmbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

The other day bdub throwing his spinning rod smoked me in the back the head with an 1/8th jig head.... Worst pain ever...luckily hook didnt get me.. Literally i had to sit down bc i passed out from the pain.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Lmbo.

Needless to say I there was a good bit of blood. But we kept on keepin on. Good mess of fish came after.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
The other day bdub throwing his spinning rod smoked me in the back the head with an 1/8th jig head.... Worst pain ever...luckily hook didnt get me.. Literally i had to sit down bc i passed out from the pain.

Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android dominating the world!)
Oh yea they hurt. Loud too. That's scarier part
Old 05-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

This past Monday on BL my first cast hooked my Bro-in-law's brand new Deuce rod/Curado baitcaster and watched it sail out the boat 20 yards away. Could never find it; I replaced his reel so far.....
Old 05-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
This past Monday on BL my first cast hooked my Bro-in-law's brand new Deuce rod/Curado baitcaster and watched it sail out the boat 20 yards away. Could never find it; I replaced his reel so far.....
My buddy hooked a rod n reel combo in turners that had oysters and muscle/clam reef matierial on it.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
My buddy hooked a rod n reel combo in turners that had oysters and muscle/clam reef matierial on it.
If ya hook one around Commissary let me know..if not then I can at least know that I contributed to reef growth.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Craziest thing ever. I know this guy personally. Him and his father in law were red fishing in grand isle. Well his FIL set his rod down to get a drink. Of course a red nails it and took his whole setup. No joke, the next day they fishing about a mile up the bay from where they were and catch a red with a jig in its mouth. They pull the line in, and his FIL's pole was on the other end. That's no lie either I personally know this dude and he is a real straight shooter.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Worst personal story. In one trip we broke 2 rods and lost a hole rod/reel combo. According to the math after gas/bait/replacement rodsnreels, it was about a $700+ trip
Old 05-11-2013, 01:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Craziest thing ever. I know this guy personally. Him and his father in law were red fishing in grand isle. Well his FIL set his rod down to get a drink. Of course a red nails it and took his whole setup. No joke, the next day they fishing about a mile up the bay from where they were and catch a red with a jig in its mouth. They pull the line in, and his FIL's pole was on the other end. That's no lie either I personally know this dude and he is a real straight shooter.
My buddy had a similar situation. Game warden pulled up to check em. A 4lb trout takes his pole and all in the water. 30 minutes later they see the fish porpoising dragging the rod behind. The castes across and foul hooked him. They got three trout and the pole back.

My personal worst story was when I got stuck in the shin with by a Galvetop. I was laid out on the floor of the boat in 3 ft chop getting soaked. Worst part it was 55 degrees. I was throwing up I was in so much pain. I have been suck plenty times before and after. But something about the way I got stuck that time that had me in a bind.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

This one isn't mine but some buddies of mine were by Candy Mountain one year for the 4th of July fishing rodeo and hooked a Margarita Machine to the motor. After blending a few pitchers the battery was dead and the alternator was shot. They were dead in the water til they called some people who were on their way and told em to stop at Jerry's and get a new alternator.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 616

the worst fishing story I have to share are the days I don't get to go! Period! Love me some fishing and looking for a used kayak! Just saying! Fish On!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
If ya hook one around Commissary let me know..if not then I can at least know that I contributed to reef growth.
Cords please? Need to know where to try? Lol... Jk
Old 05-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913
Cheers

I went fishing on the Fourth of July at Toldeo bend. I hooked the boat up to my truck and started out of my buddies drive where he had a rough cattle guard and I make it down hwy 191 about four miles when I put the boat trailer of the road and feel it run onto the shoulder. I get it back onto the road and then I feel the rig come off the ball. I slow down so that boat doesn't smash into truck and smash the trolling motor and I feel the safety chains let go. Boat and trailer pass up truck in opposite lane and jump a driveway on the side of the rd. and come to rest in the ditch. I get to boat and trailer and the man who owns the driveway boat jumped comes running down to meet me saying he saw the boat jump the driveway with no truck pulling it and if it would have happened five minutes earlier it would have killed him because he was sweeping his driveway. I hooked onto boat and went fishing at pirates cove and the boat sustained no damage which was amazing considering it broke both straps off the back when it hit the driveway and stood straight up and then it landed perfectly back on trailer. The whole time my buddy was saying dude look at my tackle box and I was saying dude look at my boat. The only damage was a broken light on boat trailer. Moral of the story is make sure you put a lock in the trailer coupler. Lol
Old 05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Needless to say I there was a good bit of blood. But we kept on keepin on. Good mess of fish came after.
Lol. Sorry yo laugh at your pain but I couldn't help it. Glad y'all caught fish after the missile got ya.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 10,458

My worst was a few years ago,my first ever fishing trip with my brand new Bay Stealth heading to Venice.Told my buddy John to get my truck and hook up the boat while I get the rods out of the room,he locks the hitch down but it wasn't on the ball,right before the bridge in Empire boat comes off and jack drags and breaks off and damages trailer,too heavy for us to put back on truck,some nice folks stop and help us,it was a quiet 4 hour ride back to Ville Platte.Oh we were staying at the empire inn.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
Worst personal story. In one trip we broke 2 rods and lost a hole rod/reel combo. According to the math after gas/bait/replacement rodsnreels, it was about a $700+ trip
For that kind of money you could have almost got a guided trip..