SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

On another trip I ran from Bayou Benoit into Mamas pond for a afternoon of fishing with a buddy of mine. After arriving he was having some trouble with a reel of his and he cast it as hard as he could. I hear the lure strike some thing and I thought he had hit the side of the boat until I feel something running down my face. I run my hand and see lots of blood and figure out he hooked me about an inch from my eye with a treble hook! Luckily it pulled all the way threw and he cut the barb off and it was out. He then reached into his tackle box and grabs a bottle of Campo Fanique and says we have to keep it from getting infected. I have never felt pain like that crap caused in my life.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Tripletail

On another trip me and fishing buddy go to Chicot on a late afternoon trip all goes well until we go to pick up boat. He goes and gets my truck and I load boat on trailer all the way up. On the way out the water he dumps the clutch and pulls up dropping my boat of the trailer to a point where the back end of boat was dragging the ramp. I had to put his fat butt on the nose of my Procraft and winch my butt off to get the boat back on the trailer and needless to say it was a quiet ride back to drop him off back at his house as he kept blaming me for not hooking the winch strap to my boat and him not wanting to pay my insurance deductible for the damage he caused. After that we never have fished again together. Go figure
Old 05-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Tripletail

I got one more where I was fishing a club tournament on saline Larto and I was struggling badly to catch fish in Larto so I ran back into Saline and me and my partner were flying when he hollered at me hey your out the channel. Before I could get back into it we hit three stumps with the third one causing extreme damage to the lower unit to the cost of like 2000$.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

On one trip I buried a hard head into my thumb about 1/2 inch deep. When I looked down at the spot where the fin was coming out my hand it was 1/4" in diameter. That ruined my entire trip. I couldn't hardly fish the rest of the trip. That thing was pounding
Old 05-11-2013, 06:51 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

We went to grand isle one year for the 4th of July rodeo. Pulled my boat (25' grady white heaviest boat in the world) all the way there. We got to bridge side about 11pm. We also had 2 55 gallon drums of extra gas aboard. Well when they backed me in the water the launch was so steep and all the weight in the boat both motors went under water. Finally got off the trailer and ready to go. My buddy pushes off and smashes front running light. No big deal. We roll out. We just cruised slow that night until day break. Once daylight came we punched it. The seas had kicked up and we had an ice chest strapped to the top of the T top. Hit a good wave the straps broke and food and beer everywheres. Make a few adjustments and keep rolling. We ran 100 miles out and never found clean water. Fished all day for tuna without a bite. Then it really started to kick up. We decided we should probably head in. On the way in we make a couple stops and the grand total catch was 1 Bonita. Finally get to the steep *** launch. Hit the trailer with my boat and snap a front running board. Do a little rigging and get her loaded. We got a hotel that night and had a few well needed drinks. Wake up early the next morning to start back to westlake. Got about to Houma and heard a terrible noise. Pull over to find my back axle of my trailer snapped. So we decide to put the front axle on the back and try to limp back with 2 axles. Only tools we had were a pair of channel locks and crescent wrench. Well after about 3 hours in the scorching heat and bloody knuckles we were ready to roll again. Hop in the truck and the A/C goes out. So we roll 5 deep with the windows down. Stopped to get diesel my dad notices the boat is about an inch from the front roller. He tries to get one more crank out of the wench and shears all the gears in the wench. So now we have to rig the from up with a ratchet strap. By now we think nothin else can go wrong....wrong. We stopped at the best stop to get some crackins before makin the interstate trip. Get back in the truck and the battery is dead. Damn. After we found a jump we do ally on the road again. Get about to the Chloe exit and I loose all electrical in the truck. No radio, windows, gauges all go dead. But the truck was still running and I wasn't stopping. The ol power stroke coughed and sputtered to get to the top of i10 bridge with that boat. Made it over the bridge and to the tracks in westlake and she died. Alternator went out. So I had to call my wife and my cousins ol lady to bring our trucks. On to pull the boat home and one to pull my ol mans truck the last mile of the trip. We do ally made it home and decided to never go to grand isle again lol.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
We went to grand isle one year for the 4th of July rodeo. Pulled my boat (25' grady white heaviest boat in the world) all the way there. We got to bridge side about 11pm. We also had 2 55 gallon drums of extra gas aboard. Well when they backed me in the water the launch was so steep and all the weight in the boat both motors went under water. Finally got off the trailer and ready to go. My buddy pushes off and smashes front running light. No big deal. We roll out. We just cruised slow that night until day break. Once daylight came we punched it. The seas had kicked up and we had an ice chest strapped to the top of the T top. Hit a good wave the straps broke and food and beer everywheres. Make a few adjustments and keep rolling. We ran 100 miles out and never found clean water. Fished all day for tuna without a bite. Then it really started to kick up. We decided we should probably head in. On the way in we make a couple stops and the grand total catch was 1 Bonita. Finally get to the steep *** launch. Hit the trailer with my boat and snap a front running board. Do a little rigging and get her loaded. We got a hotel that night and had a few well needed drinks. Wake up early the next morning to start back to westlake. Got about to Houma and heard a terrible noise. Pull over to find my back axle of my trailer snapped. So we decide to put the front axle on the back and try to limp back with 2 axles. Only tools we had were a pair of channel locks and crescent wrench. Well after about 3 hours in the scorching heat and bloody knuckles we were ready to roll again. Hop in the truck and the A/C goes out. So we roll 5 deep with the windows down. Stopped to get diesel my dad notices the boat is about an inch from the front roller. He tries to get one more crank out of the wench and shears all the gears in the wench. So now we have to rig the from up with a ratchet strap. By now we think nothin else can go wrong....wrong. We stopped at the best stop to get some crackins before makin the interstate trip. Get back in the truck and the battery is dead. Damn. After we found a jump we do ally on the road again. Get about to the Chloe exit and I loose all electrical in the truck. No radio, windows, gauges all go dead. But the truck was still running and I wasn't stopping. The ol power stroke coughed and sputtered to get to the top of i10 bridge with that boat. Made it over the bridge and to the tracks in westlake and she died. Alternator went out. So I had to call my wife and my cousins ol lady to bring our trucks. On to pull the boat home and one to pull my ol mans truck the last mile of the trip. We do ally made it home and decided to never go to grand isle again lol.
Good lawd that's a bad trip. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-11-2013, 07:08 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,830

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post

Lol... I agree.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I clearly have lots of catching up to do.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post

I think you are winning the bad trip story contest so far. You must have a lot of patience
Old 05-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I still remember John weighing in the axel. That has to be the worst trip ever.

BROWN FIN
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Tripletail

The worst luck I have ever heard of was my dad and grandfather going shrimping in Vermillion bay years ago. As my dad tells it my grandfathers boat broke down at southwest pass so my dad pulled him back to icy they got to the launch and my grandfathers truck wouldn't start so my dad pulled my grandfather to his house and when my grandfather went inside his septic tank had backed up. Talk about a !ity day!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

My personal worst happened when I was six years old, and I still remember it like yesterday. Me dad and his buddy hit Mermentau for some sacalait and we were tearing them up when I hooked into a half submerged tree. Dad trolls over to get it out and bumps into a limb, and suddenly we hear what sounded like a squadron of apache helicopters taking off. A couple nests of the biggest baddest red wasp lit into us like a machine gun. Dad tries to troll away but had kicked the plug in the panic. Fearing that I couldn't swim he started doing his best to keep them off of me, needless to say I haven't been beaten like that since then. Meanwhile Mr don in the back of the boat is soldiering it out while one of the sons of guns is drilling into his ear. He tried to slap it away and knocked his bifocals into the river. When they finally left us be, we all looked like we had a bad case of chicken pox. Broke up some cigarettes, doctored the wounds, and got back after the fish.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 587

I don't know who it was but me and a buddy were going fish Sabine Refuge one morning. When we get near the launch before daylight we see all sorts of flashing lights and trucks parked all along the side of the highway. We slowly drive through the traffic and as we cross the bridge by the boat launch we see headlights under water. That is a "damn it" moment if ever there was one.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Lol... Clampy jerked a 3/8 let head put of marsh grass and hit me in the temple at bout 30mph
This was from a 1/4 oz getting cast about about 90mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg facebook-20130512-081603.jpg (59.4 KB, 306 views)
File Type: jpg facebook-20130512-081613.jpg (53.9 KB, 302 views)
Old 05-12-2013, 08:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,717

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
This was from a 1/4 oz getting cast about about 90mph
DamnitBoy! That cchhit hurt didn't it?
That's a helluva knot u got their!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Tripletail

Damn I know that hurt because that's the same area where my buddy hooked me just about three inches closer to eye.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Headknocker does worst hunting trip work here?

About 20 years ago, my son, (then 13 yrs. old) and I were coming back to the camp from an afternoon duck hunting trip in my small mudboat when I got distracted just as I was coming into a curve in the bayou. I think I was checking the water level in the bilge, but that doesn't matter. Because of the cold, my son had his back to the front of the boat so he couldn't warn me about what was about to happen. Anyway, as I looked up (yep, I know, I was stupid), we proceeded to hit the bank, just missing a very large tree, and went about twenty yards into "solid" ground before our forward momentum was abruptly halted throwing him off the front of the boat and throwing me into the front of the boat. After making sure he was okay and hugging him knowing that I almost killed both of us, I surveyed the scene, i.e. almost dark thirty, a weekday on a very secluded bayou with not much hope of anyone arriving until the next morning and twenty yards up on the bank into the woods.

Won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say that we found some broken logs which we placed under the boat by prying each side up with another log, then, very slowly worked the front end of the boat until it was somewhat facing the water. Started the engine and with both of pushing on the back, I floored the accelerator with a branch (the boat had a car like accelerator pedal) and the boat slowing started moving. After a lot of back and forth, I was finally able to blow out a hole and away we went.

Lesson learned and no, there was no akeehall involved, just stupidity.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:48 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Last summer in GI my fiancée hooked my cousin in the eyebrow. We had to push it through. The picture says it all...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368369979.367304.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368370014.872094.jpg
Old 05-12-2013, 09:55 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

We had 3 guys going from our camp to our boat slip at Spicers (short trip)
6 rods in the back of the truck sitting in a row. Well my friend had placed my starting battery which I was re-placing in the back of the truck. We took off anxious for a day off fishing stop at browns to get breakfast and my buddy pulls out and hits the gas a lil to much and the battery slides across the bed of the truck. We get to Spicers and all rods were crushed.Couple waterloos and my two G-Loomis all smashed. Meant no fishing that day and re-placing fishing rods. Bought Shimano from then on-!!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Another one is the time we followed Dink to try to catch tuna at the Lump in February at night... It was cold, 8-10 ft seas, owner of the boat got seasick ,GPS stopped working, ran out of gas on the way in after getting our azz handed to us all night, caught 1 red snapper that we had to release.