SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216
Default Flyway Federation of Louisiana = our saviors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH1C...ature=youtu.be

Finally someone standing up and doing something about the shortstopping of birds up north. I remember always getting limits of ringnecks in Vermilion Bay and now they have been shortstopped. We only kill a handful each year now

I hope each and every one of you will send this extremely well written petition to any duck hunter you know and get it signed so we can start seeing the ducks again
https://www.thepetitionsite.com/573/...g-regulations/

In 1986 changes were made with waterfowl regulations and put acreage into effect for waterfowl habitat. In 1995 more agricultural acreage went into effect. 1998 the Migratory birds treaty reform was passed allowing baiting to be a legal practice, if approved by usda and ces. These changes have hurt waterfowl hunting and allowed subsidies loss’s for the southern farmers. The large push for ethanol along with these changes negatively effects our oil and gas industry. Louisiana is not the only state being affected by this reform. American tax payers money utilized only to benefit a select few. Our farmers, land owners, refuges, wildlife management areas, and economy is taking a loss. No man has anymore of a right than another to resources. Please sign this petition and pass it on to everyone that you know.
This is not just hurting hunters, this has effected everyone. Thank you.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:59 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2018, 09:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

LMAO, been waiting for this to make salty cajun. This could be potential quality entertainment for the next week or two.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
LMAO, been waiting for this to make salty cajun. This could be potential quality entertainment for the next week or two.
surprised it took this long...
Old 06-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Tripletail

i am actually curious as to what everybody thinks about this....
Old 06-08-2018, 10:42 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Won't go anywhere. These guys are going to try to take on the federal government and every northern state based on some poor interpretations of the regulations.

"This has effected everyone". Improper verb usage alone is going to get these guys laughed out of the building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Tripletail

at least arkansas will be able to shoot specks october 27-29 this year........
Old 06-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Won't go anywhere. These guys are going to try to take on the federal government and every northern state based on some poor interpretations of the regulations.

"This has effected everyone". Improper verb usage alone is going to get these guys laughed out of the building.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Agree. No offense, but they have to get a more well spoken messenger. let?s be clear, I?m not saying I could do better. I wasn?t an English major either. I think they MAY be on to something and I?ll probably support it, but can?t really see it going any further than getting a bunch of Louisiana duck hunters fired up. Think they need to show the potential of widespread disease by short stopping the birds and the potential long term effects to the bird population from short stopping them. Meanwhile it just sounds like a bunch of hunters whining about how they don?t shoot birds like they used to.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Light Kid View Post
Agree. No offense, but they have to get a more well spoken messenger. let?s be clear, I?m not saying I could do better. I wasn?t an English major either. I think they MAY be on to something and I?ll probably support it, but can?t really see it going any further than getting a bunch of Louisiana duck hunters fired up. Think they need to show the potential of widespread disease by short stopping the birds and the potential long term effects to the bird population from short stopping them. Meanwhile it just sounds like a bunch of hunters whining about how they don?t shoot birds like they used to.
That's about what it amounts to. I've spoken with Josh about all of this, and he's definitely passionate about it, but I think it's a misguided attempt. This is simply going to come off as Louisiana duck hunters whining about a perceived decrease in bird numbers. All the USFWS and the northern states are going to look at is the yearly surveys, and see years with over 3 million birds in Louisiana, and they are going to laugh this off.

When you are trying to argue that flooding a corn crop is the same as baiting, when half of these guys probably hunt flooded rice fields, you aren't going to accomplish much. Yeah, it's a standing grain crop, but it's just as legal as hunting a harvested rice field. Flooding a rice field after harvest is no more a "normal agricultural practice" than flooding a corn field is, but that is what they are arguing.

The fact is simply this: no one is going to care about what some group of Louisiana duck hunters has to say. We no longer have the most hunters in the Mississippi Flyway. We no longer kill the most ducks in the Mississippi Flyway. And we are positioned in the worst part of the flyway to try to change anything.

I looked into this group thinking it was going to do something good for Louisiana waterfowl. Instead, they are a fool's errand to change federal regulations, and bashing the state waterfowl biologist along the way. That's not a recipe for success.

Quote:
Think they need to show the potential of widespread disease by short stopping the birds and the potential long term effects to the bird population from short stopping them.
As for this, I don't think it plays near as much of a role as breeding habitat does. That is the #1 factor by a wide margin.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:25 AM
Trophy Trout

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0EkCee6AI&feature=share

More definite proof. This was in February when the ducks finally got here. You can see these ducks just got here. We either have to stop allowing flooding of fields north of I-20 or allow Louisiana to hunt into February. And ban spinners in dry fields
Old 06-11-2018, 07:48 AM
Tripletail

Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z0EkCee6AI&feature=share

More definite proof. This was in February when the ducks finally got here. You can see these ducks just got here. We either have to stop allowing flooding of fields north of I-20 or allow Louisiana to hunt into February. And ban spinners in dry fields
first off, the caption of that video says "mallards just showing up"... the majority of the birds in that video are not mallards....

second, you say "you can see the ducks just got here".. how in the world can you tell they just got here... just because the birds finally get to rest and stack up in a field without getting ran off every morning by a hunter, doesnt mean they just show up.

third, ban flooding fields north of i-20? are you crazy? you are straight up banning flooding all of the rice fields in arkansas? what about the rice we flood down here in swla, you are barking up the wrong tree with that garbage..

and lastly, if you gonna ban spinners, ban the all. not just in dry fields......
Old 06-11-2018, 08:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

They need to ban spinners, shotguns, water, camo, and air everywhere except south LA!!!! This is an outrage!!!! I only saw one duck on my field this year and it isn’t fair how I see other people killing ducks! Gotta be somebody else’s fault. I hear in AR they hold big duck dances every Friday that attract all the greenheads for miles!
Old 06-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
first off, the caption of that video says "mallards just showing up"... the majority of the birds in that video are not mallards....

second, you say "you can see the ducks just got here".. how in the world can you tell they just got here... just because the birds finally get to rest and stack up in a field without getting ran off every morning by a hunter, doesnt mean they just show up.

third, ban flooding fields north of i-20? are you crazy? you are straight up banning flooding all of the rice fields in arkansas? what about the rice we flood down here in swla, you are barking up the wrong tree with that garbage..

and lastly, if you gonna ban spinners, ban the all. not just in dry fields......
he says they just got here, I believe him. I can tell by his FB profile pics and the way he talks he is a stone cold killer. Thats all I need to know

We were the first to start flooding fields down here and now everyone wants to do it so they can kill ducks. There is nothing "normal agriculture practice" about flooding a corn field or a cut rice field. We should be able to do it though because this is where the ducks used to come to before everyone up north did it. The marshes are all covered in lilies and salvinia now, so we should be allowed to flood fields to create habitat for the ducks. Those yankees done have lilies and salvinia.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:19 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
he says they just got here, I believe him. I can tell by his FB profile pics and the way he talks he is a stone cold killer. Thats all I need to know

We were the first to start flooding fields down here and now everyone wants to do it so they can kill ducks. There is nothing "normal agriculture practice" about flooding a corn field or a cut rice field. We should be able to do it though because this is where the ducks used to come to before everyone up north did it. The marshes are all covered in lilies and salvinia now, so we should be allowed to flood fields to create habitat for the ducks. Those yankees done have lilies and salvinia.
i see whats going on here..... you got me
Old 06-12-2018, 12:30 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
i see whats going on here..... you got me
He is the biggest troll on the site. That post right there just hammered home that he is (mostly) trolling in this thread.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Look we used to have a ton of ducks because of all the rice farming. The combines back then would leave a lot of waste grain. Now they don't. We should not allow these new machines to harvest every grain. They should leave some for the ducks talking about south of I20. The northern states should use efficient combines. This no-till is crap also. It should be mandatory to till. That's what's best for us and the ducks also since this is there natural winter grounds. Sign the petition
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Everyone please remember that DaPointIsDaBomb is a spoof account some is using just to be funny.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Look we used to have a ton of ducks because of all the rice farming. The combines back then would leave a lot of waste grain. Now they don't. We should not allow these new machines to harvest every grain. They should leave some for the ducks talking about south of I20. The northern states should use efficient combines. This no-till is crap also. It should be mandatory to till. That's what's best for us and the ducks also since this is there natural winter grounds. Sign the petition

Why the interest in farming? I thought you hunt ringnecks and mergansers in the Bay?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:49 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
What we should really do is tear down every city, bust every rice field levee, and restore everything back to what it was 300 years ago.

THAT'S what is best for the ducks.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
What we should really do is tear down every city, bust every rice field levee, and restore everything back to what it was 300 years ago.

THAT'S what is best for the ducks.

I'm down for most of that except getting rid of air conditioners. If air conditioning has to go for the betterment of ducks then I say screw da ducks. Kill em and feed em to da hawgs and turn on da AC