SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Fall season looking good

Mark had a day between guests in Venice and asked me if I wanted to fish with him on his Calcutta. I was there early waiting for him to show up. I knew we would not be able to stick our nose out so all I brought was inshore stuff.

We made a futile attempt to go to Brenton Island but about 2 miles out from the 21 turn I told Mark to make a U turn. As we headed back in we looked at a few places along the pass. The river is low now and it has cleaned up. The redfish and flounder are moving in. The trout soon will be following. Once back in the river we added to our box. I had 4 in the box before Mark had his first but his was bigger than what I had been getting.

With favorable conditions and fish now in the river we decided to see if any flounder were around. We already had 8 redfish and 1 black drum on ice so we went searching for flounder in another area nearby. A little after noon we had a limit of redfish, 1 black drum, and half dozen flounder so we headed back to the marina to have lunch while they cleaned our fish.

I will most likely be back on this boat one more time before he heads back home Sunday. It was a relaxing successful 1/2 day and a definite sign the fall season is upon us.

With a promising fall season ahead of us I would like to remind everybody that the fog is also headed our way. Do not do anything foolish under adverse conditions. No fish is worth it.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM