SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 09-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 4,409
Default Big Lake 9/26 - Reports?

Went out early Saturday morning. There was a good tide right at day break and the fish were biting. First ten came on chrome and blue skitterwalk. They stopped hitting tops at 8:00. Switched to glow lil jon, and done by 9:00. Couple sand trout mixed in.

Sunday was a wash. Probably could have gone out early but dragged my feet and missed my shot.

My guess is that lots of guys are catching right now. Would be nice to see a couple of reports.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1881.jpg (66.3 KB, 674 views)
Old 09-28-2015, 08:57 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Fished Friday afternoon up north.
Caught a couple around drop offs but very spotty. Tide was supposed to be coming in til 530 pm which is about when we wrapped up, not much movement.
I'm very curious if this eclipse has done anything to the fishing yesterday/today. Reports?
Old 09-28-2015, 09:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Nice job as always Bobo ...

I fished yesterday from 3:15 till dark in a light drizzle for pretty much the whole afternoon. I put in at Calcasieu Point and made my way up to 210 bouncing around and fishing mainly the ship channel. Managed to boat 11 trout with only 4 keepers and 5 decent flounder.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:38 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd0144 View Post
Nice job as always Bobo ...

I fished yesterday from 3:15 till dark in a light drizzle for pretty much the whole afternoon. I put in at Calcasieu Point and made my way up to 210 bouncing around and fishing mainly the ship channel. Managed to boat 11 trout with only 4 keepers and 5 decent flounder.
Not too shabby. I've got a buddy bustin my head to go after flounder. Ought to be good soon. It's just so fun catching trout, I just can't leave them alone.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo23 View Post
Not too shabby. I've got a buddy bustin my head to go after flounder. Ought to be good soon. It's just so fun catching trout, I just can't leave them alone.

Thanks !

May not sound too shabby ... But by the time I loaded up the boat I felt like a prune and cold from the non stop drizzle/rain. It made me feel like I had worked my butt off for those suckers !
Old 09-30-2015, 10:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Fish Saturday and I guess we were far away from you because I think we had 5 or 6 by 10 in the morning. The tide was falling good with that north wind blowing but we couldn't find any that wanted to eat. Hit the ship channel expecting the tide to turn around noon and it did pretty quick. As soon as the tide change the wind shifted out of the south as those storms approached and boy did the water start moving. We hit a few spots in the ship channel and were followed each time by two boats who would crank up and run down 50 yards in front of us. After they did this three times I let them know it wasn't cool. Ran a pretty good ways south after we exchanged pleasantries with the potlickers and found some water moving hard around a point. Started catching trout, reds, and flounder in about 15' of water. We fished there until the weather landed. Ended up with 24 trout, 7 reds, and 8 flounder. Good box but its hard to have fun when you have to deal with the weekend crowds. Hebert's was bedlam.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Tripletail

Thanks for your report, Marque. That's a nice mess of fish. No, we were not fishing near each other but I had plenty of company too.

Seems like with the present salinity and water clarity, the trout can be just about anywhere in the entire system.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

I fished Sunday for a about 3 hrs and caught a few under some birds but I got rained on the entire time and it was blowing about 20mph which created a chop of about 3 feet. So I didn't stay long had birds working in different areas mostly West Cove. I limped home that rain stings when its hitting you in the face the entire time. I tell you what, tat Simms rain jacket that I bought sure came in handy.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8200 View Post
......Simms rain jacket that I bought sure came in handy.
Hopefully Santa is bringing me the bibs and jacket. Money well spent !