SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 04-18-2017, 08:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Just get one built by Eric in creole. Best thing you can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 08:20 PM
Flounder

Cash: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
Just get one built by Eric in creole. Best thing you can do.

Eric ?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr1bienvenu View Post
I looked at the Tohatsu website and the 25hp and 30hp are the same motor with different ECU. So yes I'm going to buy a 25hp.
Camshaft is different too, but you don't get that type of info from their website, you need to have access to the parts list at the service department.
Old 04-20-2017, 01:30 AM
Flounder

Marsh fishing ain't about running fast, it's about being able to get up in really shallow water. I have the 25hp Tohatsu on a 1844 alweld tunnel hull. 8" setback (4" breakaway plate and 4" Atlas micro jacker). It gets on plane quick because it has very little backend drop due to the boats length. The 11 pitch prop also helps the hole shot.
It runs 27 with me and fishing gear. The other poster said he runs 31 in a 14' boat. GPS says it's 10 miles from Gibson bridge launch to where I fish in cocaine lake. That calculates out to him getting there 3 minutes before me. Big deal, he would have time to drop his trolling motor and throw a couple casts about the time I'm getting there. I don't see the big advantage in gaining a few mph.
I've owned the shorter, slightly faster boats, the back drops when you nail it and you end up pumping mud until you get on plane.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubass View Post
Marsh fishing ain't about running fast, it's about being able to get up in really shallow water. I have the 25hp Tohatsu on a 1844 alweld tunnel hull. 8" setback (4" breakaway plate and 4" Atlas micro jacker). It gets on plane quick because it has very little backend drop due to the boats length. The 11 pitch prop also helps the hole shot.
It runs 27 with me and fishing gear. The other poster said he runs 31 in a 14' boat. GPS says it's 10 miles from Gibson bridge launch to where I fish in cocaine lake. That calculates out to him getting there 3 minutes before me. Big deal, he would have time to drop his trolling motor and throw a couple casts about the time I'm getting there. I don't see the big advantage in gaining a few mph.
I've owned the shorter, slightly faster boats, the back drops when you nail it and you end up pumping mud until you get on plane.
Ain't it great how spell check helps you misspell words. I typed Gibbstown bridge and it ended up as Gibson.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,063

Quote:
Eric ?

Guy in creole hand made custom made.
Best boat as far as I am concerned.
If interested pm me and I'll give you his number.

This is mine painted. He doesn't paint them though.
Un painted here.
Anyways I love mine. I haven't met a person who doesn't like them. Eric can make it and he will tell you what's best for the motor

Old 04-20-2017, 06:42 PM
Flounder

Eek

Quote:
You can have both.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:43 AM
Flounder

Quote:
You can have both.
Hey, if that's what you want to believe, go for it. I've run both variations, I know the difference. A 2-3 mph gain ain't worth the loss in shallow water performance for me. As for the 30 hp verses 25 in the 4 stroke Tohatsu the gain is very minimal. Just remember, you can change all the HP stickers on that motor but one, only problem is, it's the only one that counts. If your planning on buying the 25 and changing the ecm and camshaft, that's going to be expensive. The ecm alone $800 alone.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 PM
Flounder

Dance

Quote:
Hey, if that's what you want to believe, go for it. I've run both variations, I know the difference. A 2-3 mph gain ain't worth the loss in shallow water performance for me. As for the 30 hp verses 25 in the 4 stroke Tohatsu the gain is very minimal. Just remember, you can change all the HP stickers on that motor but one, only problem is, it's the only one that counts. If your planning on buying the 25 and changing the ecm and camshaft, that's going to be expensive. The ecm alone $800 alone.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:30 PM
Flounder

Instead of getting an all new rig I put the new Yamaie F25 on my old boat. I hope it runs good. It is light at 125lbs and the price was right. $3095.oo