SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216
Default Baltimore

At the end of the day, the guy that tazed the cop was still 8 steps away and fleeing when the cop opened fire on his back.

This happens so often it's sad!

Sucks that resisting arrest or ruffling a LEO's feathers is now punishable by death without a fair trial, and the judge is the cop making the call in the moment.

Last edited by Goooh; 04-28-2015 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:25 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

It would be time to break out the long gun with the nice glass on top. That's why you should have a closet with a good supply of ammo. It could happen here, the body count would be unbearable for the rioting element. I don't care what color you are, you touch my property, you will spring a fatal leak. Don't ask me if anything I own is worth killing for, ask yourself if anything I have is worth dying for!
D
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Some people are offering a long arrest record as justification for Freddie Gray's death, but at some point, not being in jail with all those arrests points to a failure of the system, and it should be considered whether or not all those arrests were justified if so few led to convictions that he was out on the street. I have not been able to get good info on how many of those arrests led to convictions, but it seems likely that most of them did not, because he was still on the street. Maybe there was poor police work, maybe poor work by the prosecutor, maybe the best defense attorney ever. I expect some cominbination of the above.

There does seem to have been some poor police work on the day Freddie Gray died. What was the probable cause or the articulable suspicion for the initial attempt to detain him in the day he died? Without legal justification for the stop that day, the responsibility of the police goes beyond being slow to call for medical help and errors in their transportation protocols. What was the reason force was used that resulted in the broken neck? Without legal justification for the use of force that day, the police are criminally culpable for the death.

Publicizing a long arrest record without answering the more essential questions seems like a smoke screen to hide the lack of justification for the initial stop the day Freddie Gray died and for the use of force that directly resulted in his death. I think any police department needs to answer these kinds of questions when someone dies in custody.

At the same time, none of this is justification for the rioting, looting, and other criminal activities that some are participating in and claiming a relationship to Gray's death. Leaders in the community should make more concerted efforts to help citizens express and direct their frustrations more productively in ways that would increase police accountability without going beyond the kinds of passive resistance demonstrated by Ghandi and MLK.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
If they would shoot a few looters I promise they will stop !!

Open fire
X2
Old 04-28-2015, 07:48 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
In the case......the police department is predominately black.........so just more black on black crime??

Guess these were the only 3 white cops in the force. Must have had too much coffee since it was 0830...

This guy is snapped up

http://youtu.be/m7TZaLpHJhU
Old 04-28-2015, 07:53 AM
Swordfish

"Video from the city's crime camera system from the morning of April 12 shows a man running down the street, which was the reason why police said officers pursued Gray.

According to the report, police wrote, "(Gray) fled unprovoked upon noticing police presence."

Police caught up to Gray, and even though he was compliant according to their description, police put him on the sidewalk, handcuffed him and searched him, finding a small knife that led to his arrest and his fatal trip in a police transport vehicle.

"They seem to admit that the only basis for the stop was, 'Man looked the officer in the eye and started running,'" said Billy Murphy, an attorney representing the Gray family."
Old 04-28-2015, 08:16 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,364

if you break the law, you pretty much give up your rights, especially if you run from the law. our rights were earned by a lot of folks before us and i'm pretty sure they're terribly disappointed in us!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by smooth move View Post
if you break the law, you pretty much give up your rights, especially if you run from the law. our rights were earned by a lot of folks before us and i'm pretty sure they're terribly disappointed in us!

I sure hope you aren't a LEO...

Breaking the law is not a surrender of rights. If I'm speeding, do the cops now have the right to search my car without a warrant? I still have the right to be secure in my papers and possessions.

Know your rights and don't let the police state make you think LEOs supersede the constitution.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

Is this the same Goooh???

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/show...oussard+police
Old 04-28-2015, 09:14 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,152

Grenades
Old 04-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
At the end of the day, the guy that tazed the cop was still 8 steps away and fleeing when the cop opened fire on his back.

This happens so often it's sad!

Sucks that resisting arrest or ruffling a LEO's feathers is now punishable by death without a fair trial, and the judge is the cop making the call in the moment.

Sucks that we let a certain race run rampant all over this country committing barbaric crimes and we do very little to control them in fear of hurting their feelings or the repercussions we will see if we reprimand them.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Ling

Cash: 505
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt87 View Post
sucks that we let a certain race run rampant all over this country committing barbaric crimes and we do very little to control them in fear of hurting their feelings or the repercussions we will see if we reprimand them.
preach it!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:45 AM
Tripletail

We need to quit listening to all of these excuses for acting like complete idiots and start putting these idiots away. Not a supporter of the death penalty for people that are in custody and unable to harm the public but if you are endangering others with violent crimes, fires, assault, and whatever else all those idiots in Baltimore are doing we need to terminate the problem with extreme action. By extreme action I mean kill them.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:49 AM
Tripletail

They are not protesting, they are committing war on their own land on their own people and property, if you make yourself a public enemy we should treat you like one.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Sucks that we let a certain race run rampant all over this country committing barbaric crimes and we do very little to control them in fear of hurting their feelings or the repercussions we will see if we reprimand them.

This would be my suspect to answer geek's question on why he was not in jail.

It's likely the local government had given him a break trying to do the right thing.

the cops have admitted they made mistakes. Not trying to hide anything.......(on the surface)........

to the Bill O'Rielly comment that twice as many whites were killed.....it begs the question..........why not rioting for them? they were all justified shootings? Only blacks get to question athority?

this has more to do with class envy and class warfare than "rights" and "justice".........

And we, as the tax payers are told we are racist, homophobe, selfish people if we disagree with the liberal message.

the liberal aggenda of entiltlement is the backbone of this debacle
Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default time

how long has this been going on, i haven't heard too much about it except from here and w&j this morning, guess i need to get out from under my rock
Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Swordfish

We have two separate arguments going on here - police power and killings, and riots in retaliation.

I don't think anyone is supporting riots, it's a terrible way to get your point across and the people committing those crimes should be handled appropriately.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshark View Post

Awe yea, mow em down!
Old 04-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

Start shootin em... good riddance.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
This would be my suspect to answer geek's question on why he was not in jail.

It's likely the local government had given him a break trying to do the right thing.

the cops have admitted they made mistakes. Not trying to hide anything.......(on the surface)........

to the Bill O'Rielly comment that twice as many whites were killed.....it begs the question..........why not rioting for them? they were all justified shootings? Only blacks get to question athority?

this has more to do with class envy and class warfare than "rights" and "justice".........

And we, as the tax payers are told we are racist, homophobe, selfish people if we disagree with the liberal message.

the liberal aggenda of entiltlement is the backbone of this debacle
100% Agree.