SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:25 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,187
Default Polaris Ranger Issue

I sold my 2015 Polaris to a buddy a month or so ago. The bike had 150 miles on it and was almost never used. The bike has a two year warranty. With only a few days left apparently the starter stayed engaged and cracked the block and now a new engine is needed. The estimated cost to repair is $4,700. He did not bring the bike to the shop until this week which is around 8 days after the warranty expired. Of course Polaris has now denied the claim and he will be out $4,700 on a bike with 150 miles on it. I feel horrible for him and even though I don't have to I plan to help pay for some of this just because it is a horrible situation. Do any of you know anyone at Polaris that might be willing to help and or do you know of a less expensive option my buddy might have?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Flounder

Cash: 640

My wife works for a large Polaris Dealership up here in North La. I'll see if she can give any advise.......
Old 09-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Flounder

Cash: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I sold my 2015 Polaris to a buddy a month or so ago. The bike had 150 miles on it and was almost never used. The bike has a two year warranty. With only a few days left apparently the starter stayed engaged and cracked the block and now a new engine is needed. The estimated cost to repair is $4,700. He did not bring the bike to the shop until this week which is around 8 days after the warranty expired. Of course Polaris has now denied the claim and he will be out $4,700 on a bike with 150 miles on it. I feel horrible for him and even though I don't have to I plan to help pay for some of this just because it is a horrible situation. Do any of you know anyone at Polaris that might be willing to help and or do you know of a less expensive option my buddy might have?
Sending you a PM......................