SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:51 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

WE created the monster! And now people are mad that the monster is misbehaving.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

True, we gave em the platform and the monster is misbehaving. You act like we have no right to be mad about it. I say if we gave em the platform, we can taketh the platform if we choose and we can be mad about it if we like. What's your issue with folks being upset about it? Yeah it's our fault, don't mean we can't be mad or that we have to continue to give them that platform.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:59 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
True, we gave em the platform and the monster is misbehaving. You act like we have no right to be mad about it. I say if we gave em the platform, we can taketh the platform if we choose and we can be mad about it if we like. What's your issue with folks being upset about it? Yeah it's our fault, don't mean we can't be mad or that we have to continue to give them that platform.
I think I've made it clear I have no issue with the people who are offended by this.

I just find it hillarious that many of these same people also complain about everyone getting offended over simple things, and running to facebook, twitter, or online forums to complain about it. And here they are doing the same thing.

And then there's the fact that no one has to watch it. I probably spend half the Sundays in football season not watching football. Half the Saturdays too. Has nothing to do with being offended, I just havd better things to do. And my life goes on. And I don't feel the need to run to SaltyCajun to tell people that I didn't watch football.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:01 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I think I've made it clear I have no issue with the people who are offended by this.

I just find it hillarious that many of these same people also complain about everyone getting offended over simple things, and running to facebook, twitter, or online forums to complain about it. And here they are doing the same thing.

And then there's the fact that no one has to watch it. I probably spend half the Sundays in football season not watching football. Half the Saturdays too. Has nothing to do with being offended, I just havd better things to do. And my life goes on. And I don't feel the need to run to SaltyCajun to tell people that I didn't watch football.

Yeah I'm pretty much onboard wit dat, I am in the woods camping from the middle of September to the start of duck season. I don't watch football either, I don't have facebook, twitter or any of dat other crap. I have better things to do as well.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,074

Quote:
And here they are doing the same thing.
You sure like to read between the lines, and insert your opinion of what you think you read, rather than taking what is written for face value.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
The funny part of all of this is that the same people who are "offended" by players kneeling are the same ones that complain about everyone being so easily "offended" by anything in this country.

AND, they are becoming as bad as the "Hello, I'm a vegan" chick. Always announcing to the world that they aren't watching the NFL.

Upvote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:12 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaTom View Post
You sure like to read between the lines, and insert your opinion of what you think you read, rather than taking what is written for face value.
I'm speaking in general. From my observations through face-to-face conversations and social media interactions, most of the people "offended" by the kneelers "disrespecting the country" are the same people that get angry at people who are "offended" by confederate statues, or "racist" team names.

If that statement bothers you, maybe you need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you fit into this category, because, AGAIN, I was not speaking of anyone specifically in this thread.

BTW, you brought the "offended" topic to the table with your last statement of the OP. "That way they could eat and be guaranteed not to be offended", or something along those lines.

I did, however, directly address your ever so thought provoking topic earlier. No establishment is going to just stop showing NFL and become a "safe zone" until customers stop visiting that business. Being offended is the hot new thing in America. But unless people stop going to those businesses that show NFL games, I doubt many will become "NFL Free Zones".

Old 10-25-2017, 11:40 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Being offended is the hot new thing in America.

And yet no one has figured out that nobody has the right to NOT be offended.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:59 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
And yet no one has figured out that nobody has the right to NOT be offended.
Say that again, and perhaps in English this time....lmao!

Old 10-25-2017, 12:05 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Say that again, and perhaps in English this time....lmao!

Suck it!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:17 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Suck it!
Touchy, touchy.

I just wanted a translation that didn't involve so many damn negatives.

I think I figured out that no one has the right to not be offended. So I have to he offended by something then? I can't just accept that there are things in this world that I may not like, but still go on living my life without those things bothering me?

Old 10-25-2017, 12:22 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

So who's on first ????
Old 10-25-2017, 12:22 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Touchy, touchy.

I just wanted a translation that didn't involve so many damn negatives.

I think I figured out that no one has the right to not be offended. So I have to he offended by something then? I can't just accept that there are things in this world that I may not like, but still go on living my life without those things bothering me?

Exactly, and my last 2 word post was me being generous and giving you something to be offended over. LOL
Old 10-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

I gave up watching those pack of animals a long time ago. The large majority of the players are high functioning idiots with a 3rd grade reading level who will be bankrupt in 7-10 years. They were put in a spotlight bc they can run fast and jump high not bc of their intelligence. I’ve found other stuff to waste my time and money on.

If y’all want a taste of their personalities and character, go watch “Last Chance U” on Netflix. It’s a great example of what really goes on. It’s bad enough we give those idiots a “free college education” that they waste. It’s an even bigger shame we give them millions of dollars after to go run around and catch a ball and disrespect the country that GAVE it to them.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
I gave up watching those pack of animals a long time ago. The large majority of the players are high functioning idiots with a 3rd grade reading level who will be bankrupt in 7-10 years. They were put in a spotlight bc they can run fast and jump high not bc of their intelligence. I?ve found other stuff to waste my time and money on.

If y?all want a taste of their personalities and character, go watch ?Last Chance U? on Netflix. It?s a great example of what really goes on. It?s bad enough we give those idiots a ?free college education? that they waste. It?s an even bigger shame we give them millions of dollars after to go run around and catch a ball and disrespect the country that GAVE it to them.
Pretty close to how I feel.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:22 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
It?s an even bigger shame we give them millions of dollars after to go run around and catch a ball and disrespect the country that GAVE it to them.
I can't believe people still think this is about disrespect for the country. It's the easiest way for them to get attention.

I don't agree with why they are protesting--especially given the fact that the people protesting are themselves contradictions of what they are protesting. How many of those football players walk into a store and get stereotyped? How many walk down the street and have police eyeballing them as if they are up to no good? These guys are recognized on the streets, in stores. Maybe not all of them, but many of them. These are rich men, living a privileged life that 99% of us will never experience. Hell, they don't even know all of the facts about what they are protesting. I mean, you don't see football players standing up and speaking out about black-on-black crime, do you? That is a far worse EPIDEMIC than blue-on-black violence.

That doesn't mean they can't speak out about injustice; it just makes it somewhat meaningless because they don't experience it like a normal man does.

But they aren't stepping on the flag. They aren't burning the flag. They aren't protesting the men and women that fight for that flag.

Let's be honest here: it wouldn't matter how these guys chose to protest, people would have a problem with it. After all, they are just athletes (or actors; it applies to them as well) and not entitled to an opinion. Right? Hell, they are entitled to an opinion just like you and me. The problem is, that opinion is often rash and ill-informed.

Old 10-26-2017, 07:54 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
I can't believe people still think this is about disrespect for the country. It's the easiest way for them to get attention.

I don't agree with why they are protesting--especially given the fact that the people protesting are themselves contradictions of what they are protesting. How many of those football players walk into a store and get stereotyped? How many walk down the street and have police eyeballing them as if they are up to no good? These guys are recognized on the streets, in stores. Maybe not all of them, but many of them. These are rich men, living a privileged life that 99% of us will never experience. Hell, they don't even know all of the facts about what they are protesting. I mean, you don't see football players standing up and speaking out about black-on-black crime, do you? That is a far worse EPIDEMIC than blue-on-black violence.

That doesn't mean they can't speak out about injustice; it just makes it somewhat meaningless because they don't experience it like a normal man does.

But they aren't stepping on the flag. They aren't burning the flag. They aren't protesting the men and women that fight for that flag.

Let's be honest here: it wouldn't matter how these guys chose to protest, people would have a problem with it. After all, they are just athletes (or actors; it applies to them as well) and not entitled to an opinion. Right? Hell, they are entitled to an opinion just like you and me. The problem is, that opinion is often rash and ill-informed.

It is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (At least that?s how I was taught by my Father and Grandfather)
That?s the least they can do for a country they GAVE them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere. Go stand in front of the police station during the off season if you want to hold it down for Michael Brown and all your other fallen homies who never did anything bad. They want to be activist then they should be activists for bigger issues like their cultures serial nutting and getting 9 different mammies pregnant and then not raising their children, or maybe black on black crime, or maybe the fact that they?ve been given astronomical amounts of handouts their entire life starting at free birth costs all the way to free college education and they still suck at being functional members of society. It?s not an external issue, it?s an internal issue.

If I really cared or I thought it mattered I?d tell you how I really felt. I?m not wasting my time speaking or thinking about their ignorant *** anymore.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
It is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (At least that?s how I was taught by my Father and Grandfather)
That?s the least they can do for a country they GAVE them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere. Go stand in front of the police station during the off season if you want to hold it down for Michael Brown and all your other fallen homies who never did anything bad. They want to be activist then they should be activists for bigger issues like their cultures serial nutting and getting 9 different mammies pregnant and then not raising their children, or maybe black on black crime, or maybe the fact that they?ve been given astronomical amounts of handouts their entire life starting at free birth costs all the way to free college education and they still suck at being functional members of society. It?s not an external issue, it?s an internal issue.

If I really cared or I thought it mattered I?d tell you how I really felt. I?m not wasting my time speaking or thinking about their ignorant *** anymore.
Man, you hit the nail square on the head!! Great post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickt87 View Post
it is disrespectful to this country. When the anthem and pledge is being recited you stand at attention, take your hat off, and place your hand on your heart. (at least that?s how i was taught by my father and grandfather)
that?s the least they can do for a country they gave them free food, free healthcare, free education and the opportunity to make millions for catching a ball.

If they don?t like it they can go take their sorry *** elsewhere. Go stand in front of the police station during the off season if you want to hold it down for michael brown and all your other fallen homies who never did anything bad. They want to be activist then they should be activists for bigger issues like their cultures serial nutting and getting 9 different mammies pregnant and then not raising their children, or maybe black on black crime, or maybe the fact that they?ve been given astronomical amounts of handouts their entire life starting at free birth costs all the way to free college education and they still suck at being functional members of society. It?s not an external issue, it?s an internal issue.

If i really cared or i thought it mattered i?d tell you how i really felt. I?m not wasting my time speaking or thinking about their ignorant *** anymore.
👍👍👍
Old 10-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

I have not watched a game or supported any NFL sponsors. Since they started pulling that crap!! I understand that there right but it's not the place for it!!
Old 10-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 453

crappernick him self said its about the flag and wore a castro shirt to a press conference and pig socks they don't realize if they keep going they will be flipping burgers