SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I'll tell you what. If you have a video to prove you chased a deer on foot just post it and pm me your adress. I will pay you. No bs video you found on youtube or such. If you can be honest and post a video of you chasing down a deer i'll pay up.
Well I can't do that. I only hunt on public land so less is more when it comes to hiking in and out. I also hunt for meat so I see no need in filmin me shootin does and fork horns. Let's just say ur assumption is off the mark. And I hunt public for everything, deer, skirls, ducks and turkey

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2017, 11:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Is catching hardheads at the cleaning stations baiting?

Why are deer different?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:39 AM
Flounder

Cash: 548

Thanks for all of the replies....the discussion pretty much mirrors the conversation every time I have asked this question. There doesn't seem to be much science behind the rules.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:33 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Thanks for all of the replies....the discussion pretty much mirrors the conversation every time I have asked this question. There doesn't seem to be much science behind the rules.
This may help:

Quote:
State Department of Natural Resources rules prohibit baiting and feeding for the purpose of hunting or training dogs in counties where CWD is present and their neighboring counties. The rule is designed to slow the disease's spread by keeping deer from congregating over bait and feed piles.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...ot-for-hunting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 08:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

In some species, disease transmission can be a legitimate issue.

In other species, it comes down to whether the population can bear the increased harvest levels that might result from baiting. In much of Europe, fishing with bait is illegal because restricting to artificial lures is one way they keep populations at sustainable levels.

Sure, there are other ways to protect populations (shorter seasons, reduced limits, etc.), but restrictions on methods of taking has always been a part of managing populations - and restrictions on baiting are just a subset on restrictions on methods of taking.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
In some species, disease transmission can be a legitimate issue.

In other species, it comes down to whether the population can bear the increased harvest levels that might result from baiting. In much of Europe, fishing with bait is illegal because restricting to artificial lures is one way they keep populations at sustainable levels.

Sure, there are other ways to protect populations (shorter seasons, reduced limits, etc.), but restrictions on methods of taking has always been a part of managing populations - and restrictions on baiting are just a subset on restrictions on methods of taking.
+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 08:30 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Corn and rice farmers are in bed with LDWF brass. Rice farmers can sell their waist rice and make bran and corn farmers make much more per lb of corn selling it in 50 lb bags

And you can not kill a deer in a pine plantation without a feeder. Deer would overrun and cause a bunch of accidents if we couldnt kill them over corn feeders
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Corn and rice farmers are in bed with LDWF brass. Rice farmers can sell their waist rice and make bran and corn farmers make much more per lb of corn selling it in 50 lb bags

And you can not kill a deer in a pine plantation without a feeder. Deer would overrun and cause a bunch of accidents if we couldnt kill them over corn feeders

End of thread!!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Keep this in mind.........

All hunting seasons and methods are set with the expectation of a certain amount of kills.

If you change any one aspect, then the expected number of kills may change also. Too off set this change....something else should be changed to keep the "kills" the same.

Example: If you start allowing say.... baiting on public, this will probably result in more people killing deer. To off set this increase amount of kills the season might be shortened or the limits might be reduced.