SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Charles Manson Dead

Granted the guy was an evil SOB but all these years he has been labeled as a murderer when in fact he murdered no one. He merely gave plans to weak minded people but he committed no crime. Telling someone to kill another is not a crime. If they do it it is on them. Paying someone to do it implicates you in the crime. In fact he did nothing but talk yet was branded a murderer.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

I could have just about guessed the first to come in here defending chuckie...
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
I could have just about guessed the first to come in here defending chuckie...
If you will read the first sentence you will see i'm not defending him. Merely pointing out facts. Facts do not mix well with emotion. Was he an evil person? I would say yes. Did he murder anyone? No. One can't let emotion get in the way of facts. Fact is according to evidence, statements and a jury that he in fact committed no murder. This post was not to defend him but more to make people think. There seems to be a shortage of that nowdays.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
If you will read the first sentence you will see i'm not defending him. Merely pointing out facts. Facts do not mix well with emotion. Was he an evil person? I would say yes. Did he murder anyone? No. One can't let emotion get in the way of facts. Fact is according to evidence, statements and a jury that he in fact committed no murder. This post was not to defend him but more to make people think. There seems to be a shortage of that nowdays.

There would have been no murders had he not done what he did. You don't have to "pull the trigger" to be guilty of a crime. Conspiracy to commit murder is one of them. Add the heinous nature of those murders can you get life in prison! Easy to understand really.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
There would have been no murders had he not done what he did. You don't have to "pull the trigger" to be guilty of a crime. Conspiracy to commit murder is one of them. Add the heinous nature of those murders can you get life in prison! Easy to understand really.
Granted I can't disggree with you. As I have said he was an evil SOB. You an I are are in a bar and you say hey John go hit that guy with your empty bottle then stab him with it. Who committed murder? People confuse emotion and fact. Fact is I did it. Emotion says he told you to do it. Only weak people deal in emotion.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Sailfish

If you pay someone for murder you at that point implecate yourself in the crime. Saying you want someone dead is not a crime. If you haven't said it you have thought it. Even if it's someone you see as a scumbag.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Google the Brandenburg Test. He incited imminent lawless action. Emotions aside, the fact of the matter is you do not have to be the one who actually commits the crime nor do you have to pay someone to commit the crime on your behalf. As long as his orders were "directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action" AND "likely to incite or produce such action," he is not protected under the first amendment.

He was rightly convicted and sentenced. It's just a shame that California abolished the death penalty before they gassed the SOB and his mentally f***ed followers.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Sailfish

Yes but you can only influence people who are already weak minded. Yeah he was a screwed up dude but his followers were the one with weak minds. To allow yourself to be influenced in such a way shows you were trouble just waiting to happen. Just needed a little whisper in the ear is all. They could have and should have said no and walked away but they chose not too. Aww the wonder of illegal drugs and hippies lol