SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-20-2017, 01:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 7-20-17 quick trip

Around 3am I decided I was going to go fishing. Working nights right now so didn't get off til 6 and probably started fishing right at 730. Which my favorite time is first hour of daylight! Anyway caught 12-15 reds in the 16 1/2 - 18" again! Only caught a few specks but only tried two spots today. Back at launch for 1030. Reds were fun! One nice flounder. Really nice flounder. Be 8-10 days before I can get back out unless I go again tomorrow. Maybe and evening trip.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Redfish

Cash: 689

going in the morning, plan on going couple miles north of Heberts, any general advice... looks like you've consistently done well. I know just randomly going like us means not very likely to do well but we'll fish like hell lol
Old 07-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Tripletail

West wind has the cut I been fishing dirty and last few rains and weak high tides seem to have that corner of the lake fresh again.
Old 07-22-2017, 08:47 AM
Tripletail

getting reports of northeast corner still dirty. Last year when it did this I started fishing evenings when high tide was coming in and it paid off bigtime. Mostly reds but one evening of great nice trout action. May have to get out of work early one evening next week and give it a shot. If anyone else fishes up here this weekend please reply with conditions and how u did. thx
Old 07-22-2017, 01:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Around 3am I decided I was going to go fishing. Working nights right now so didn't get off til 6 and probably started fishing right at 730. Which my favorite time is first hour of daylight! Anyway caught 12-15 reds in the 16 1/2 - 18" again! Only caught a few specks but only tried two spots today. Back at launch for 1030. Reds were fun! One nice flounder. Really nice flounder. Be 8-10 days before I can get back out unless I go again tomorrow. Maybe and evening trip.

I would like to give "thanks" to you for calling me over to where you were catching the Red's. I had only caught a little bait that morning, but after you left I caught a lot of shad near-by. I caught several more reds in that area with the shad.

I went to another area and caught several more reds. I hooked one fish that half way jumped out of the water before breaking my line. I think this was a 2 foot long shark.

I ended up with 4 Redfish [I can't count] after catching 8 or 9 keepers. Also caught 3 specks [15 to 19"] and a bonus flounder.

Wow..... was it hot out there. I should have left before noon. I got home and tv said it was 94F. Winds were calm early, then a light breeze most of the morning before it calmed down again.

As you reported, the water in the Turners bay up near the ship channel is fairly brown [only 1 or 2 inches visibility], but down by the oil platforms you can see several inches down.

Water temp was 85F early and got up to 87 later in the morning. In the afternoon, I stopped in Turners to give it a try [nothing]. Water temp there read up to 94F..... but was reading 90F in most areas. Dirty water gets hotter.

Live Shad..... they are hard to keep alive in normal conditions, and even harder when it is very hot. I am not sure how or why, but I had a livewell full of shad for 4+ hours and NONE of them died. I did keep a good flow of fresh water running. Pic was taken late on my trip after I had used a bunch to fish with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shad in LW.jpg (74.8 KB, 332 views)
Old 07-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Tripletail

Gerald was that u in aluminum boat??? If so just before I called u over there I had moved up just a bit to reach deeper water where I catch a lot of trout. By doing so I spooked the reds. I wasn't getting bite out deep and had my limit of reds so I moved further up cut hoping they would come back for u. Glad it worked out for u. Only caught 3 trout that morning. I like it better on incoming tide.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Gerald was that u in aluminum boat??? If so just before I called u over there I had moved up just a bit to reach deeper water where I catch a lot of trout. By doing so I spooked the reds. I wasn't getting bite out deep and had my limit of reds so I moved further up cut hoping they would come back for u. Glad it worked out for u. Only caught 3 trout that morning. I like it better on incoming tide.

Yep.... that my rig. I have not been fishing much in the last 8 months. I have been rebuilding a small camping trailer from the floor up. Hoping to have it ready to use for hunting this fall. Seems like every step in the rebuild takes 3 to 4 times longer to complete that what I think it should. I am taking extra time to put a coat of wood sealer on all the frame wood and putting 2 coats of paint on all the wood. I am also going back with a lot more insulation..... so it should be nice and warm/cool.

So far.... I think it is looking really good. I have the interior about 1/2 completed. After completing the inside, I have to insulate the walls then paint and install the siding. Then install the door and 6 windows. Also, somewhere along the process, I have to hook up all the electrical stuff.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:45 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Yep.... that my rig. I have not been fishing much in the last 8 months. I have been rebuilding a small camping trailer from the floor up. Hoping to have it ready to use for hunting this fall. Seems like every step in the rebuild takes 3 to 4 times longer to complete that what I think it should. I am taking extra time to put a coat of wood sealer on all the frame wood and putting 2 coats of paint on all the wood. I am also going back with a lot more insulation..... so it should be nice and warm/cool.

So far.... I think it is looking really good. I have the interior about 1/2 completed. After completing the inside, I have to insulate the walls then paint and install the siding. Then install the door and 6 windows. Also, somewhere along the process, I have to hook up all the electrical stuff.
Did some scouting in CC yesterday, loggers have been working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Did some scouting in CC yesterday, loggers have been working

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The loggers can clear-cut 100-200 acres in just a couple of week.

The only think you can count on not being cut.... is the trees in a creek bottom. And that is not always a true statement. A few years ago, I found a good spot about 40 yards from a creek bed and killed a doe from a pine tree that I climbed. Next year the hill side AND MY tree were clear-cut.

A couple years ago in early Oct., I found a bunch of scraps and rubs in an area that had 20 to 25 foot tall pine trees. I went back a week later and the crew had been working the area to thin out the trees. I walked in well before daylight and while stand there looking at the "open" woods, wondering what I should do, a big flat bed truck came past me. I went to a different area.

I usually wait until Sept. to scout CC. I want to scout a thick area that has big pine trees....I keep thinking it will be clear-cut.

And this is not the Hunting section.

Last edited by Gerald; 07-23-2017 at 01:48 PM.