SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Flounder

Cash: 671
Default Trot line regs

If I'm setting a trotline in the Calcasieu river, does anyone know what is the maximum number of hooks and length of line? I tried reading the regs but I only see where it addresses certain bodies of water and not general regulations.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerhead View Post
If I'm setting a trotline in the Calcasieu river, does anyone know what is the maximum number of hooks and length of line? I tried reading the regs but I only see where it addresses certain bodies of water and not general regulations.
Only regs I ever saw was you that you had to have a floating jug at each end and have it tagged with name, and fishing license number. Never heard of any laws on length and number of hooks.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Only regs I ever saw was you that you had to have a floating jug at each end and have it tagged with name, and fishing license number. Never heard of any laws on length and number of hooks.

No laws on any length.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

You can have as many hooks as you want. You can only keep 100 catfish whether it is all one species or a combination of species. Your hooks have to be at least 2' apart or further. You need a recreational fishing license for personal use, if you want to sell your catch you will need a commercial license, set line license and fresh products license. You will also need to fill out trip tickets and turn them into LDWF monthly.

As far as the jug with I have never heard about that and I fish commercially. Never had an agent tell me anything about having my lines tagged when I have been checked.

Warren
Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshrat View Post
You can have as many hooks as you want. You can only keep 100 catfish whether it is all one species or a combination of species. Your hooks have to be at least 2' apart or further. You need a recreational fishing license for personal use, if you want to sell your catch you will need a commercial license, set line license and fresh products license. You will also need to fill out trip tickets and turn them into LDWF monthly.

As far as the jug with I have never heard about that and I fish commercially. Never had an agent tell me anything about having my lines tagged when I have been checked.

Warren

Man you're right, I read those regs and they are for Lake D'Arbone and Lake LaFourche, not for everywhere. I new I saw it somewhere though.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
Man you're right, I read those regs and they are for Lake D'Arbone and Lake LaFourche, not for everywhere. I new I saw it somewhere though.

about to say.. I had lines ran all up and down the river.. All of them ran across (the west fork) I had them down deep enough, but I never had jugs on them since the ran bank tobank..

Pheww, i tore some up running across the river...Good ole days