SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds)

The Trading Floor (Investing, Stocks, Bonds) Discuss investing and investments here! Do your own due diligence before investing. We are not responsible for any advice or recommendations within this forum!

Old 09-01-2015, 02:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763
Default Oil Downturn becoming an Upturn?

All indicators point towards it and I honestly think we are on the beginning of the upturn. I see lots of undervalued stocks from good company's that weathered this downturn well. As prices increase over the rest of the year and into next year I think there will be a huge rush to complete wells previously drilled and not completed followed by an increase in drilling late next year. Right now is THE time to invest in company's like Halliburton, Schlumberger and other service providers. I think I'm going to divest all of my other holding and invest in this part of the industry as well as a few undervalued oil company stocks. Any opinions?
Old 09-01-2015, 07:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

I would probably agree with you if it wasn't for the fact the national gas prices averages are are predicted to be under $2 per gallon by year's end. Yet oil prices "seem" to want to rebound-kind of conflicting news out there.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

I need the demand for LNG to start climbing. Seems that mirrors crud, so I hope you are right. As well I hope a new administration will allow for more exportation. As well the building of 2 new LNG Exportation plants in the area is a good sign of expectation of increased exportation.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Red Snapper

I agree that gas has traditionally mirrored crude however I think the addition of LNG to the picture will go a long way towards changing the playing field. Perhaps that is effecting it now? Something I need to look into. It will be interesting to see how gas prices will reflect vs. crude with the changes to the game.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I have a friend that started buying "OIL" about a month ago..... he may have starting buying a little early.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
All indicators point towards it and I honestly think we are on the beginning of the upturn. I see lots of undervalued stocks from good company's that weathered this downturn well. As prices increase over the rest of the year and into next year I think there will be a huge rush to complete wells previously drilled and not completed followed by an increase in drilling late next year. Right now is THE time to invest in company's like Halliburton, Schlumberger and other service providers. I think I'm going to divest all of my other holding and invest in this part of the industry as well as a few undervalued oil company stocks. Any opinions?
I'm concerned that if the deal with Iran goes through oil prices will be badly hurt. I've heard they have a lot of oil ready to dump onto the world markets. Couple that with the Saudis wide open spigots designed to discourage our fracking efforts out west and I don't know if we've seen the bottom yet. I REALLY REALLY hope I am wrong though and would love for your scenario to be right.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,480

CEO of LNG was on Cramers show last night. Worth a listen if you can find it. He's been right on oil moves so far. The Iran deal is the breaker that few are talking about. I'll be buying LNG or LNGLF soon
Old 09-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Red Snapper

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/08/31/cheni...-is-close.html

What he said mirrors my opinion on the bottom of this down turn. People don't understand how difficult it is to raise capital to increase CAPEX. CAPEX is what funds and drives drilling. Drilling is what is necessary to maintain and increase production. (Normally, sometimes there are other things in play but not often and they don't make much of a difference on the big picture.)

On Iran. I don't think they are that big of a threat. They have some oil in storage but not that much. Anyone who know anything about the industry know they are more of a distraction than anything. They are using the media as a form of financial global terrorism. They make all this noise about what they are going to do to drive down the price to hurt the producers/countries they hate. If all restrictions where taken off today and they released there oil over night with the current market the oil would be absorbed quickly. If and when the sanctions are removed the environment will very different and I believe the smack they are talking will fall flat. No one is rushing to Iran to invest Billions of dollars in that house of cards I assure you. The risk is to great due to their past history.

I could go on and on about why I believe the bottom is near but I don't feel like typing that much. Do your own research and make your own decision. I'd hate for anyone to loose money baised on my advice. I'm just giving my opinion to my friends here on SaltyCajun and enjoy talking the market. Good luck to everyone.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I know one thing, since I moved from offshore to over our land division we never hear about oil prices. Did not even know it was $38

Different world here on land ' don't matter is oil is $200 or $3 they still have to move it
Old 09-01-2015, 09:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

BTW buy all the apple stock u can because its going to rocket launch
Old 09-01-2015, 09:42 PM
Red Snapper

Another positive occurrence happened in the oil patch. While oil did not go up Wednesday, the largest oil service firm Schlumbergerbought Cameron for $14.8 billion in cash and stock. This was a big deal for Cramer, because Schlumberger paid a huge 56 percent premium for Cameron. It wouldn't have made a move like that if it believed that drilling was going away.
Schlumberger committing this amount of capital was a signal to Cramer that we could be closer to a bottom than most people think, and it couldn't afford to wait to snap up Cameron. This bullish move put a bid under energy stocks, even as oil went down again.

This is HUGE people. Read this and think about it. Why would the worlds largest company pay such a large premium for a company?
Old 09-01-2015, 10:55 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post

Look into buying CVX. The current price is really cheap considering some of the big big things they have on the horizon. And they are returning 5-6%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Red Snapper

Already own them. I've had them since '99. Bought EOG this week and back to RIG at $13.80.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Why is that?
Old 09-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

I think crude prices are near the bottom, but not at the bottom yet. Many companies wanting to take advantage of the price environment will wait until they believe prices have reached a floor to make acquisitions. This will be an indicator of the beginning of the up-swing.
Another factor is the geopolitical environment: as the US talks exporting laws that extend past Canada and Mexico, the decision, which will likely be made before the presidential election, will have a huge impact on prices, as does everything in the news.
I'd look for prices to change a lot in 2016, and begin steadily rising late 2016.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

Quote:
Means nothing without the scource.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
Why is that?
Apple is cheap at $100 is one of the most traded stocks in the world .

Everyone had a phone and when iPhone7'8'9'10etc keep coming along with iwatches and what not ..

100 is cheap ' 80 is a if you don't buy you lost

This stock will be over 300 before next year this time if not higher
Old 09-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Apple is cheap at $100 is one of the most traded stocks in the world .

Everyone had a phone and when iPhone7'8'9'10etc keep coming along with iwatches and what not ..

100 is cheap ' 80 is a if you don't buy you lost

This stock will be over 300 before next year this time if not higher

300 by next year? You're saying that their market cap will be 1.8 trillion next year? No way that will happen. They would need HUGE earnings quarter after quarter for a long time. I just don't see it.

Anyways, you can't make a lot of money on $100 stocks since you can't really buy that many shares unless you got a huge bankroll to play with. I'd rather buy low priced stocks with big growth potential.
Old 09-02-2015, 06:45 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
300 by next year? You're saying that their market cap will be 1.8 trillion next year? No way that will happen. They would need HUGE earnings quarter after quarter for a long time. I just don't see it.

Anyways, you can't make a lot of money on $100 stocks since you can't really buy that many shares unless you got a huge bankroll to play with. I'd rather buy low priced stocks with big growth potential.
I had 5o shares then it split 7-1 giving me 350 share s now I own 400

I'll bump this post next year
Old 09-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
The number of share you buy of a stock does not change how much you can make/loose.

What is important is the % change of the total money that you invest.

It does not matter if you buy 1000 shares at $ 50 Or......buy 5000 shares at $10. This would be a $ 50,000 investment.