SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 12-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 12-10-17

Was sittin on hole across river just before sun came up over the tree line. When it did I was happy for the warmth but when I seen then water I actually thought about going put boat back on lift. Fished about 30 minutes with no bite. Decided to go fish under dock at plant cause if u cant catch one there u not gonna catch. Caught one ugly white perch that looked more like a goo. Absolutely no color to it wat so ever!! Its warming up so I went and hit all my holes, 8 or so, between old town bay and dans bay without a bite. On way back I stopped at a couple of my holes across river from goos ferry rd and no bite. 11am and had enough of this ill go watch football with dad, lol. Well I decided to try that first hole across from dads one more time just to make sure and nothing. Its not chocolate milk yet but wont take much to be just like it. Cant see foot 0f trolling motor and I usually wont even try unless I can see it. 2-3" clarity at best. I didn't pick all my gear up yet as I'm on days this week and will monitor water everyday and see if it clears back up. All I ever hear is fish have to eat in muddy water too. Wish I knew how to feed em. Enjoyed my 4 hours of hollering at tv with dad watching football though. Good news when I left river I went home the long way all the way around Lake Charles and birds were working a little and water looked ok so look for me under inshore saltwater fishing real soon. O I did not fish any of my holes south of Barry Bay. No way main river was any better down around watermelon bay and only been catching smalls in back of watermelon anyway but bet that water is better in there.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Was sittin on hole across river just before sun came up over the tree line. When it did I was happy for the warmth but when I seen then water I actually thought about going put boat back on lift. Fished about 30 minutes with no bite. Decided to go fish under dock at plant cause if u cant catch one there u not gonna catch. Caught one ugly white perch that looked more like a goo. Absolutely no color to it wat so ever!! Its warming up so I went and hit all my holes, 8 or so, between old town bay and dans bay without a bite. On way back I stopped at a couple of my holes across river from goos ferry rd and no bite. 11am and had enough of this ill go watch football with dad, lol. Well I decided to try that first hole across from dads one more time just to make sure and nothing. Its not chocolate milk yet but wont take much to be just like it. Cant see foot 0f trolling motor and I usually wont even try unless I can see it. 2-3" clarity at best. I didn't pick all my gear up yet as I'm on days this week and will monitor water everyday and see if it clears back up. All I ever hear is fish have to eat in muddy water too. Wish I knew how to feed em. Enjoyed my 4 hours of hollering at tv with dad watching football though. Good news when I left river I went home the long way all the way around Lake Charles and birds were working a little and water looked ok so look for me under inshore saltwater fishing real soon. O I did not fish any of my holes south of Barry Bay. No way main river was any better down around watermelon bay and only been catching smalls in back of watermelon anyway but bet that water is better in there.

You talking about the old pelican plant?
Old 12-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Tripletail

yes but its been fished out hard this year. 2-3 boats all time.
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Thanks for report. I was afraid the rains had muddied it up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2017, 08:11 PM
Tripletail

Water was already cleaning today. 6" of clarity or so. Cleaning property at beginning of Goos ferry rd watching it clear all day. Check back later in week and I'll report
Old 12-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Red Snapper

Thanks for the info

Old 12-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Tripletail

12-14-17 river looks better than sunday but stii pretty bad. gonna go to big lake and chase reds or LC and look for trout on 12-15-17. decide when I get in truck in am
Old 12-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Red Snapper

Thanks for report. Think I'll go try black bayou