SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
W, if there is so much support for this limit to be reversed....how in the hell was it ever allowed to be changed in the first place? Money! That's why. More money than you can even fathom. You can get a petition as long as Big lake and it ain't gonna make one bit of difference. It's gonna take money to get it done...money you ain't got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_m46looxIi41qe9tnzo1_400.jpg (54.6 KB, 195 views)
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty View Post
are you really that naive? "money talks", w.
and so do i:d:d:d
Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Are you really that naive? "Money talks", W.
And people like you will just sit back and let em have whatever they want. And people like W are willing to die fighting for what they believes in. Not saying he's actually willing to die for trout limits. But u know what I mean.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
W, if there is so much support for this limit to be reversed....how in the hell was it ever allowed to be changed in the first place? Money! That's why. More money than you can even fathom. You can get a petition as long as Big lake and it ain't gonna make one bit of difference. It's gonna take money to get it done...money you ain't got.
Riddle me this...... How did the new Snapper regs come about? Facts were presented to the right people. Things they thought about snapper populations were wrong. Such a small limit and it was hard not to catch one. I know we aren't talking Snapper here but come on, facts are facts. We are not talking 10 Commandments here, things can be changed.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
And what more do we need??
Issue is not most of the peeps on the site or others who fish the lake...seems there is ONE person that is judge and jury for the limit reduction / increase from what I READ......

Most peeps who target big trout do not even eat fish \ trout....i guess in their eyes if you reduce the limit it reduces the boats on the lake...seems it did not work since there are still a lot of boats on the lake.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

I target big trout. But I eat em too
Old 06-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
Issue is not most of the peeps on the site or others who fish the lake...seems there is ONE person that is judge and jury for the limit reduction / increase from what I READ......

Most peeps who target big trout do not even eat fish \ trout....i guess in their eyes if you reduce the limit it reduces the boats on the lake...seems it did not work since there are still a lot of boats on the lake.
The biggest one who wanted this TROPHY LAKE does not eat fish he just fishes and releases them...SO the limit could be one....he dont care but for his greed he rather nobody catch large limits and by pass the HIGHER UPS that KNOW WHATS going on...

Here is a section that was a PUBLIC Statement (Make this CLEAR SO IM NOT ACCUSED OF BASHING )...This is what the 15 Trout limit was all about and this only

Trophy status
On the other side of Calcasieu Lake, Kirk Stansel of Hackberry Rod and Gun Club wants the lake granted “trophy status.” He also supports a 15-fish daily creel and wants to see the minimum size raised to 14 inches to give fish one more chance to spawn before hitting an ice chest.
“I’d like to see the lake declared ‘the trophy estuary of the Gulf Coast,’” he said. “Everyone wants to catch a limit of fish, but the majority of people who come here from other areas want to catch a big trout, not fill their freezers. If we lower the limit and the rest of the state keeps the 25-fish limit, that will hurt our business some, but if we lose our fish, we won’t have any business at all. If the lake is declared a trophy lake, that might even increase our clientele.”
Stansel said his club fishes about 10 boats per day, each with a guide and one to three anglers. They can expand to 20 boats if necessary. Their boats catch a three-person limit of 75 trout about three to five percent of the time or less.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
The biggest one who wanted this TROPHY LAKE does not eat fish he just fishes and releases them...SO the limit could be one....he dont care but for his greed he rather nobody catch large limits and by pass the HIGHER UPS that KNOW WHATS going on...

Here is a section that was a PUBLIC Statement (Make this CLEAR SO IM NOT ACCUSED OF BASHING )...This is what the 15 Trout limit was all about and this only

Trophy status
On the other side of Calcasieu Lake, Kirk Stansel of Hackberry Rod and Gun Club wants the lake granted “trophy status.” He also supports a 15-fish daily creel and wants to see the minimum size raised to 14 inches to give fish one more chance to spawn before hitting an ice chest.
“I’d like to see the lake declared ‘the trophy estuary of the Gulf Coast,’” he said. “Everyone wants to catch a limit of fish, but the majority of people who come here from other areas want to catch a big trout, not fill their freezers. If we lower the limit and the rest of the state keeps the 25-fish limit, that will hurt our business some, but if we lose our fish, we won’t have any business at all. If the lake is declared a trophy lake, that might even increase our clientele.”
Stansel said his club fishes about 10 boats per day, each with a guide and one to three anglers. They can expand to 20 boats if necessary. Their boats catch a three-person limit of 75 trout about three to five percent of the time or less.
And, apparently this person you speak of has more power and influence than you......money, too.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Riddle me this...... How did the new Snapper regs come about? Facts were presented to the right people. Things they thought about snapper populations were wrong. Such a small limit and it was hard not to catch one. I know we aren't talking Snapper here but come on, facts are facts. We are not talking 10 Commandments here, things can be changed.
You're right..."we aren't talking snapper here."
Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I target big trout. But I eat em too
You also compared the Calcasieu estuary to a "pond".
Old 06-04-2012, 08:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

The biggest lake in Colorado is Blue Mesa Reservoir which produced a state record lake trout in 2007 at over 50 pounds, which edged out a 46+ pound lake trout caught in 2003. However, the lake trout were beginning to be overpopulated and once there were too many lake trout for their food supply, their growth rates slowed and fatness plummeted. There simply was not enough food for them to reach trophy potential.

The Colorado Division of Wildlife moved to remedy the situation with a combination of completely removing the limit on lake trout under 38" long in the reservoir combined with an aggressive culling program (the state nets and kills thousands of lake trout in a certain size range). First, the lake trout's food sources began to rebound, and then their fatness and growth rates increase so that the reservoir is returning to the trophy potential of earlier years.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
The biggest lake in Colorado is Blue Mesa Reservoir which produced a state record lake trout in 2007 at over 50 pounds, which edged out a 46+ pound lake trout caught in 2003. However, the lake trout were beginning to be overpopulated and once there were too many lake trout for their food supply, their growth rates slowed and fatness plummeted. There simply was not enough food for them to reach trophy potential.

The Colorado Division of Wildlife moved to remedy the situation with a combination of completely removing the limit on lake trout under 38" long in the reservoir combined with an aggressive culling program (the state nets and kills thousands of lake trout in a certain size range). First, the lake trout's food sources began to rebound, and then their fatness and growth rates increase so that the reservoir is returning to the trophy potential of earlier years.
To be comparable, I'm assuming this lake opens into the Gulf?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post

Same is true on Big Lake...Studies already proved that 90% of the trout stay and live in the estuary year round

The ones who voted for this dumb crap....now try to use that big trout come in cycles ....hell almost 7 years later that cycle is getting longer and longer

Guess it will come once we get the limit back to 25
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Same is true on Big Lake...Studies already proved that 90% of the trout stay and live in the estuary year round

The ones who voted for this dumb crap....now try to use that big trout come in cycles ....hell almost 7 years later that cycle is getting longer and longer

Guess it will come once we get the limit back to 25
I got a buddy that fishes down in Florida. Maybe, while you're at it, you can get their redfish limit doubled....to two. I'm sure Texas inland guys would appreciate a little boost, as well.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

I havent fished enough trout in Big Lake to make a stand, But I have gotten one hell of a lesson. Awesome thread. I think I agree with EVERYBODY....almost!

Is it me or do I sense a little tension in the air?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Quote:
I got a buddy that fishes down in Florida. Maybe, while you're at it, you can get their redfish limit doubled....to two. I'm sure Texas inland guys would appreciate a little boost, as well.
thumbnail.jpg
Don't you have some Price is Right to go watch or something
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Attachment 35515
Don't you have some Price is Right to go watch or something
This is priceless right here.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post

Is it me or do I sense a little tension in the air?
Just a little?
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Just ignore Salty....dude is old as dirt and has not caught a trout since last ice age....he just like to cause conflict to keep this post going
Old 06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Like each other or not...This post has over 4300 views. Theres your start.