SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 04-14-2010, 03:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

I was stating my opinion and wanted to make sure people who weren't aware of red's spawning behaviors knew they do not spawn in shallow water. They spawn offshore ussually in at least 50 feet of water. I could understand the ban if they did spawn like bass but it is not the case.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:32 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

i'd kinda be disturbed if they would ban it though... I bowfish in freshwater for gar and carp and trash and its pretty dang fun.

I'm not going to lie tho I'm glad no one bowfishes where i fish at, then we'd really have no fish lol Does seem kinda like cheating the reds, since they are kinda big and normally in shallow water.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshark View Post
There is a huge difference to shooting bass on beds and shooting reds in the shallows. Reds don't spawn in the shallows. I have never bowfished or shot a bow for that matter but I will not support CCA in the future. As far as setting precedence, CCA brought the matter up, so if they loose this battle, and it does set precedence, then you can blame them for doing so.

What ticks me off is that they are using the gamefish status as the reason for the ban. When they made the arguement of why the status was needed it was never brought up or mentioned that it would mean a ban on bowfishing them. I am going to try to make a comparison. Let's use Red Light cameras as an example. When they were brought in it was supposed to stop people from running red lights. Then once they were installed we realized they also ticket you for speeding...

I know I will catch flack because a lot of you guys are big CCA supporters but that is my opinion
Yes I am a supporter of CCA. While I DO NOT agree with everything, up to a including this, I cannot throw the baby out with the wash water.

It is being touted that CCA is supoorting banning bow fishing and that is just not the case.

On one board, some guy claimed to be a suppoter of "GCCA for years"
Hell, the dropped that acronym I think back in 92.........some kinda supporter right??

CCA has done way more positive than negative IMHO.

And I do not believe that this was some malicous attempt at CCA taking something away.

In my memory they laid down on the bowfishing to get the game fish title not the other way around.