SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

East side is now close for the rest of the season.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

so basically all the crap in the emails were bald face lies.......
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
so basically all the crap in the emails were bald face lies.......
No it was not. They were actually giving you the run around cause the didn't know *** they were talking about. They draw a check and sit at a desk. Only when political pressure is put on them do they act.
Politicians don't know where **** comes from cause they cannot see their ***. But if someone told them it comes out their ***, then they believe it, after they collect a check or cash from the person telling them that **** comes out their *** and they they actually have an *** somewhere between their L5 verterbra and their sack(I never said they have a set of balls).
Old 03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
No it was not. They were actually giving you the run around cause the didn't know *** they were talking about. They draw a check and sit at a desk. Only when political pressure is put on them do they act.
Politicians don't know where **** comes from cause they cannot see their ***. But if someone told them it comes out their ***, then they believe it, after they collect a check or cash from the person telling them that **** comes out their *** and they they actually have an *** somewhere between their L5 verterbra and their sack(I never said they have a set of balls).
Tell us how you really feel Ray!

I like the last part. Well put!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
Damn Ray I want to high five you and chug a beer after that one!! Well Said!!!!

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 03-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Great White

Everyone hollering that the Oysters were getting wiped out and no one listened till it was almost too late.
Some Oyster fishermen are hearing a rumor that there won't be a season on the East side for the next 2 years so it can reseed itself.

I was not ranting, I was telling the truff.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 749

tell it like it is
Old 04-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,283

Quote:
The lake will re-seed itself, but there are too many oyster boats to do that.
Re-seeding will only work if you lease areas, or allow oystering in one section at a time.
Big Lake is a public oystering lake. When it opens, most of the oyster fishermen will try to make as much money as fast as they can. Not worrying about what will be left for the next season.
If it is re-seeded, then it will have to be closed for a few years to let them grow.
And again I will say, reseeding from another area could bring in unwanted problems like hook mussels and other diseases that we may not have now.
And what other area would want to send their seed oysters over here? Do we want the East side of the state to be able to take our oysters to reseed the their side of the state?

The commercial fishing lobby is just as big as the recreational fishing lobby. I can promise you they are looking at this and other forums all the time to see what their next fight will be. But we cannot look at what they are saying, they don't put it out for everyone to see.
The only answer is to make it publicly known, and that has already happened, KPLC TV and other news media have brought it up.

If you listen to the oyster fishermen, they are worried too. Especially the ones who only commercial fish for a living.

There needs to be a limited number of commercial oyster licenses on Big Lake, if they are going to keep dredging. Or close the East Side for the next 3 years to let the oysters grow.

Everyone has good ideas, but to make them reality is going to be a lot tougher than you think.
I think they ought to regulate the oysters like the gators!! Make the oyster men buy tags, and every sack have a tag and hold the buyer liable for over the limit oysters!! If you don't fill all the tags you get cut the next year!!! I also say grandfather the oyster fishermen that had oyster permits before dredging was put back into play!! And the rest go into a lottery....# of violations should be a factor in to the renewal process either way!! JMO!!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:38 AM
Great White

They do have to tag every sack.