SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460
Default Convert a yahoo

Friday afternoon I get a call from a self proclaimed fishing expert. All I ever hear from this guy is all the fish he catches and how I need to come fishing with him. After talking for a min or two he says jump in with me my boats at the camp already and I want to show you how to catch fish. Reluctant but I figured I should go.
Saturday morning we leave. Going to his camp at falguet canal all the way down bla,bla bla. I'm the best ever.
Anyway we get on the lake this dude runs straight for the crowd come within two cast lengthens of another boat and cuts the engine. I'm thinking damn maybe he's just reactions are slow with this cold. Wrong he puts his trolling motor down and starts moving boat to boat to see if they are catching. Getting way closer than comfortable. I think he pissed off 20+ fisherman.
The whole time not one trout. Nor did we see anyone catch.
I try to explain that we needed to move to some deeper moving water and I know where we can go toward lake merchant or bayou chevel.
Dude comes unglued tells me he knows where and what to do he's been fishing since he was 5. So this is when I asked him if that was what the frozen dead shrimp was for. He defiantly noted my sarcasm. After about another 45 min of chasing other boats around he looks at me and say you drive show me how it's done. So I take him to a spot on the lake that still has some stumps and other debris and made one rule. Plastics only.
It didn't take me an hour to put 9 nice reds in the box while this guy cried about the reel,knots, bushes, and everything else that was stopping him from catching.
At this point I may have turned him. Told him stop slow down follow my lead. Gave a few pointers on the cast and why and where. Bam he gets hooked up but missed the red. Couple more tries he gets hooked up and pulls in a nice 19" red to finish our limit. He still insisted on going back on the lake but I to the helm and tried to show him some ways to pull into crowds from a distance and respectfully and some technique for cold weather trout. I think this might be the first step in converting a yahoo. But he will need a lot more work.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

You got way more patience than I do. I'd lose that phone number.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Trophy Trout

If we ever fish together again it will be on my boat.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

His name wasn't W by chance was it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Way to be a better person than him man! It happens every day and people like you just may help the ones that need it most. I personally wanna thank you for doing what you did bc maybe the next time any of us fish there he won't be such a douche!!!

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 01-06-2014, 07:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post

What a dumba$$. ^^ do you realize how stupid you sound? Your probably too stupid to realize anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricecb View Post
Friday afternoon I get a call from a self proclaimed fishing expert. All I ever hear from this guy is all the fish he catches and how I need to come fishing with him. After talking for a min or two he says jump in with me my boats at the camp already and I want to show you how to catch fish. Reluctant but I figured I should go.
Saturday morning we leave. Going to his camp at falguet canal all the way down bla,bla bla. I'm the best ever.
Anyway we get on the lake this dude runs straight for the crowd come within two cast lengthens of another boat and cuts the engine. I'm thinking damn maybe he's just reactions are slow with this cold. Wrong he puts his trolling motor down and starts moving boat to boat to see if they are catching. Getting way closer than comfortable. I think he pissed off 20+ fisherman.
The whole time not one trout. Nor did we see anyone catch.
I try to explain that we needed to move to some deeper moving water and I know where we can go toward lake merchant or bayou chevel.
Dude comes unglued tells me he knows where and what to do he's been fishing since he was 5. So this is when I asked him if that was what the frozen dead shrimp was for. He defiantly noted my sarcasm. After about another 45 min of chasing other boats around he looks at me and say you drive show me how it's done. So I take him to a spot on the lake that still has some stumps and other debris and made one rule. Plastics only.
It didn't take me an hour to put 9 nice reds in the box while this guy cried about the reel,knots, bushes, and everything else that was stopping him from catching.
At this point I may have turned him. Told him stop slow down follow my lead. Gave a few pointers on the cast and why and where. Bam he gets hooked up but missed the red. Couple more tries he gets hooked up and pulls in a nice 19" red to finish our limit. He still insisted on going back on the lake but I to the helm and tried to show him some ways to pull into crowds from a distance and respectfully and some technique for cold weather trout. I think this might be the first step in converting a yahoo. But he will need a lot more work.
Thanks for coming with me and showing me so many tips. Your boat next time.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post

I tell you what.. i will put 5k that I will kick your azz fishing any day of the week.. we can go in my boat you can fish the front and run the trolling motor and I still will beat you by 3lbs

You game Duck??
Old 01-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Trophy Trout

I say I will ref for both of you and I get the separate boats but I get 3k from both of you.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Thanks for coming with me and showing me so many tips. Your boat next time.

The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-06-2014, 09:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Even better we could take the 6k and start a 403c non profit to help prevent yahooness.

Mathgeek could get the paperwork together to get a few million for a fed grant for research of course it would mean we would all need to fish more so we could see the yahoos in the natural environment.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:03 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

I'd rather hang with yahoos than libtards any day of the week.

Spend some time in CA, MA, or CO and you'll be on your knees begging for good ole Louisiana yahoos.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Trophy Trout

First I didn't mean to post this in reports but to late for that.
Second what's the deal with slickfish & W? I've seen a few of the battles slick seems to instigate but I don't know the history.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

Quote:
Second what's the deal with slickfish & W? I've seen a few of the battles slick seems to instigate but I don't know the history.
They best friends! :banghead:
Old 01-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
First I didn't mean to post this in reports but to late for that.
Every single post by slickfish is about W... Dude has a man crush on him or something
Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Ok it's a bromance.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

I laugh so hard when slick posts, but not at the post. It's the buildup. How does he pick when to post? The anticipation has got to be unbearable.

I bet he types and deletes 30 replies to every actual post. I give it a 10 for randomness.

It's like he watched every post of W's, and when he is failing he stabs him on a thread where W's heart strings could actually be tugged.

L M A O
Old 01-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Trophy Trout

W don't let him get to you. Poor guy doesn't even live on the bayou. I would be sour too
Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

I heard he is really tall and admires W's stature..
Old 01-07-2014, 12:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I tell you what.. i will put 5k that I will kick your azz fishing any day of the week.. we can go in my boat you can fish the front and run the trolling motor and I still will beat you by 3lbs

You game Duck??
Better than that. I'll come to your home waters I'll bring my waders you bring yours. We will use your boat to get to where we are going. Well fish wherever you want out of the boat. That way there's no excuses that one had the advantage over the other. Just make sure it's shallow enough for ya. I won't even take your money but I WILL take your pride. If I win you walk away from salty Cajun for good an take all your knowledge with ya. I lose I'll walk away. What do you say. Just remember the last tourney I think you fished on your home waters you only caught one. Don't wanna put the pressure on ya. Balls in your court.